ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online Tech Issues (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/)
-   -   2 clients at the same time ? (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/117481-2-clients-same-time.html)

Dreams 09-27-2012 08:48 AM

2 clients at the same time ?

I have a question, after this last maintenance can anyone confirm running more than one client at the same time in the same pc ?

because since the last maintenance i tried to open 2 accounts to transfer stuff between both accounts. But only one copy survive opening normally while the 2nd one always gives me errors like a
"Disconnected Due to Abnormal Connection
and other errors as well , the latest one was a blue screen that shut my laptop down :py07:

So Did they prevent more than one client at the same pc or what ? :py06:

Zay 09-27-2012 08:51 AM

I can run several at the same time so it is more than likely a software conflict.

Could you run 2 clients smoothly with no lag before?

kite384 09-27-2012 08:51 AM

it opens a bit slower to me but
i dual client its working

Dreams 09-27-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zay (Post 1771666)
I can run several at the same time so it is more than likely a software conflict.

Could you run 2 clients smoothly with no lag before?

Yeah I could do that before with no lag at all , I could open till 5 accounts.
Even when the gamegaurd was back 2 weeks ago still was fine with me but now the gameagurd itself gives me error and i cant open even 2 accounts at the same time Dx

Zay 09-27-2012 08:59 AM

What is your operating system?

Dreams 09-27-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kite384 (Post 1771667)
it opens a bit slower to me but
i dual client its working

not working at all with me , it is even when i press on the start button the whole game window disappear and when i try to prss alt+ctrl+ delete it cause the laptop to restart instead of getting me into windows manger screen

Dreams 09-27-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zay (Post 1771670)
What is your operating system?

My os is windows 7

Zay 09-27-2012 09:11 AM

Is it 32 or 64 bit? Are you running it in compatibility mode for anything?

Also, is the one client you're able to run stable?

Dreams 09-27-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zay (Post 1771674)
Is it 32 or 64 bit? Are you running it in compatibility mode for anything?

Also, is the one client you're able to run stable?

it is 64 bit

and i tried it with and without the compatibility system

and the client i am running is stable till i try to open another client it gives me error saying disconnect due to abnormal connection

Zay 09-27-2012 09:35 AM

Definitely keep it running in compatibility mode. I have mine to Windows 98/Me.

What antivirus/firewall are you using? I assume you aren't running a bunch of programs at the same time?

Sadly, the next step is disabling your antivirus then trying to run the game. If that doesn't work, then disabling your firewall. You shouldn't keep these turned off long-term and it should only be to test and see if that is in fact the issue. Make sure you disable them BEFORE launching the game.

Dreams 09-27-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zay (Post 1771682)
Definitely keep it running in compatibility mode. I have mine to Windows 98/Me.

What antivirus/firewall are you using? I assume you aren't running a bunch of programs at the same time?

Sadly, the next step is disabling your antivirus then trying to run the game. If that doesn't work, then disabling your firewall. You shouldn't keep these turned off long-term and it should only be to test and see if that is in fact the issue. Make sure you disable them BEFORE launching the game.

I tired the compatibility as yours it didn't work with me.
and I am using avast as antivirus and i didn't have any problem before only this time :(

Zay 09-27-2012 11:00 AM

At this point I'm assuming you have it running as administrator like all the other threads have suggested? I probably should have asked that first. If you don't want to disable your antivirus/firewall, you'll have to wait till someone else comes along with a solution.

I'm running the same setup as you basically (win7 64 bit, avast) and I am also having issues but if I continue to try, I eventually get passed the "abnormal connection". Sometimes I don't get it, sometimes I do.

Excessive 09-27-2012 11:29 AM

Runs.. kinda slows my laptop a bit.. I can also dual log but it becomes too laggy ;c

Kirino 09-27-2012 04:09 PM

My 2 clients are on the default compatibility for Windows 7 and hasn't disconnected me. Try running as admin if you haven't already.

Senpai 09-27-2012 05:13 PM

I'm multi-clienting just fine on a 64-bit Windows 7 computer. If you put a shortcut to launch.bat on your desktop, your extra clients will load very quickly as well.

Dreams 09-28-2012 07:49 AM

My game proprieties is checked on running as admin since long time so yeah I did that already and not working Dx .
Thanks for you all, for your kindly support and help but i gave up in fixing it for now since it encourages series of errors with my OS that I am afraid it might damage it due to multi reseting my laptop after every time it froze when i try to dual clients.

I just hope they fix it Dx