ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online Tech Issues (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/)
-   -   Problem when running luncher (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/117302-problem-when-running-luncher.html)

SinchiCodo 09-21-2012 10:45 AM

Problem when running luncher

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone

its my 1st time posting a technical issue problem in here, I hope you would be able to help me out.

I bought a new laptop and when I installed TO first time it was working fine, but later on i started downloading a lot of games some online and some offline ones. then when I decided to go back to TO I encountered this problem when running the launcher then it closes on its own...:/ in other words, I can't even get to the launcher

I put my SS in the attachment >< hope you guys help me get over this problem

Regards,

Kheos 09-25-2012 02:22 AM

Looks like your Trickster.exe & Trickster.Bin are corrupted, try and get a new 1, if you need a new one, just send me your hotmail email adress so I can upload it to my skydrive, then you can download it from there.

Pikaryuu 09-25-2012 03:57 AM

I've got SIMILIAR problems, my launcher works fine for an amount of time and after that, a error window pops out and says "Could not retrieve update list from website" and den when the error window closes, the launcher fails to work. Any help?

Kisa 09-27-2012 03:40 AM

Only time I ever get that message is when my wireless drops out and I'm trying to connect to trickster ^^

SinchiCodo 10-04-2012 11:45 PM

Sorry for the late reply

Sure that might help

here is my email

Agony_of_sin@hotmail.com

Kheos 10-05-2012 03:44 AM

Ok I uploaded the main files but not the data folder since its 4GB, try the main files first & see if your client still has errors, if you need the data folder let me know, good luck patching.

SinchiCodo 10-06-2012 09:00 AM

umm brother Kheos

where did you upload them? I don't see anything in your post nor in my Email.

I am waiting for your response

Regards,

Kheos 10-07-2012 11:55 AM

You need to open your skydrive account, then click on myfiles, look for a shared folder then download the files there.

SinchiCodo 10-08-2012 12:39 AM

Sorry it was the first time for me hearing about "Sky drive" so I didn't have clue about what you were talking about.

but I figured it out later, and I have found your uploaded files in there..and I copy and replaced with my current Trickster Online file but...

nothing worked, still same errors :/

any other solutions..? ><

Kheos 10-14-2012 08:55 AM

Are you running TO as an Administrator try doing that if it does not work, you will need to delete your whole TO folder & reinstall again, let me know what happens after that good luck reinstalling ^^

SinchiCodo 10-30-2012 10:33 AM

sorry for the long absence...I had many troubles rl ><

anyways kheos I have tried it with run as adminstrator but that didn't fix it and I have also deleted the game and reinstalled it and yet still the excat same problem :/

i have a feeling that the game is having a conflict with one of the games that i have installed..but I don't wanna delete them till I confirm it, cause I tried Trickster on my old laptop and that one doesn't have any games installed and it didn't give me those errors...but on my main good laptop it keeps giving me those for some reason ><;

anyone could help me confirm? :(

Regards,

SinchiCodo 11-04-2012 10:02 AM

*sigh* I really want to log in TO so bad T.T is there none at all who knows the problem with this error? ;_;

Kheos 11-04-2012 03:06 PM

Ok I uploaded a text file on my Skydrive, read the instructions after opening the file, let me know what happens after this, the file name is "Update Fix For TO" Good Luck.

SinchiCodo 11-06-2012 06:35 AM

ok I have solved the problem on my own and i am back online on TO :) thanks Kheos for your support though and everyone who tried on this thread!

The solution for anyone who encountered this error is below :

there is a problem with the trickster fullpackinstallation you got, so just uninstall it and remove all its files completely from the computer then download the one in Cait's thread (even though the one I downloaded before and got these errors from was the one in their official site...funny how theirs is filled with errors)

Trickster Online Direct Download 2012 (FullPakTrickster.exe) - Trickster Online Revolution

After downloading one of the options packs there, i installed normally without any problems and went into the game xD;

thought i'd encounter some of the GG errors...but amazed that nothing of the sort happend

Thanks again for everyone's help, this topic is solved^^