ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online Tech Issues (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/)
-   -   Can't Patch (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/107021-cant-patch.html)

shooter99 01-05-2012 08:58 PM

Can't Patch

It started from yesterday after TO release a new patch which is 7.88.0. For some reason, i can't seem to patch my TO to the this version, my TO is stuck at the previous version which is 7.87.0. I have tried file checking, but it just doesn't seem to patch to the latest version. It stays at the previous version, i have tried re-installing, re-downloaded the installer. But still no luck. Does anyone faces this problem as well?

coolbluex 01-06-2012 10:41 PM

i have this same problem too
i even tried refreshing http://ntreevpatch.nefficient.com/nt...ersion/version
still doesn't tell the launcher to update

when i get on hotspot shield it seems to recognise that there is a new patch
but once i turn it off and open the launcher again, it patches me back to the old version @_@

lxpandaxl 01-06-2012 11:41 PM

My friend had this problem... He didn't know what to do, but if you have an extra computer somewhere or with a friend's help, you can download it somewhere else and transfer the files onto your computer...

It's kinda a last resort, but it should work xD

shacky 01-07-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbluex (Post 1663832)
i have this same problem too
i even tried refreshing http://ntreevpatch.nefficient.com/nt...ersion/version
still doesn't tell the launcher to update

when i get on hotspot shield it seems to recognise that there is a new patch
but once i turn it off and open the launcher again, it patches me back to the old version @_@

I got a feeling that somehow the service provider or your internet cache wasn't being updated or refreshed. Thus, even if you update the client via hotspot, the moment u revert back to your normal IP, the server is being pointed back to 7.87.

Maybe if someone can enlighten me on how to refresh the internet cache or contact the ISP to refresh the cache.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxpandaxl (Post 1663864)
My friend had this problem... He didn't know what to do, but if you have an extra computer somewhere or with a friend's help, you can download it somewhere else and transfer the files onto your computer...

This method generally is actually only applicable for people who have problem patching the game.

shooter99 01-07-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxpandaxl (Post 1663864)

I have tried installing on my brother computer, but he gets the same thing as well. It just doesn't patch.

shacky 01-07-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shooter99 (Post 1664071)
I have tried installing on my brother computer, but he gets the same thing as well. It just doesn't patch.

The main problem is where the patch is being downloaded from. It is generally being downloaded off your ISP Cache for faster processing.

Since I do not know how the game client downloads or uses what browser to download the patch, I got no way to force a reset on the page it downloads from. If you tried the url link that coolbluex uses on Internet Explorer, you should see a 7.87 version being shown. (Firefox will require u to download and reopen the file using Firefox again).

The way to reset is to include a /? at the end of the url. I've did the same thing for Firefox and Internet Explorer, they are showing 7.88 now, but somehow the game client is still showing 7.87. So base on this, I can say that the game client does not use the browsers to download the patch, as the moment the page resets, the ISP cache for that page also refreshes and updates to the latest content.

The reason why your brother computer gets the same thing should probably be because both of you are in the same network. It should patch normally when you are in a different network.

The probable solution would be to contact your ISP Provider to refresh the ISP Cache since you can't do it on your side. OR to wait for the ISP Cache to expire which i do not know how long it will take.

Thanks for your patience in reading this essay. :py55:

(I chose to wait for the ISP Cache to expire, expiry generally occurs weekly so if you are taking this route, you should not update the game client for a week)

shooter99 01-07-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shacky (Post 1664134)
The main problem is where the patch is being downloaded from. It is generally being downloaded off your ISP Cache for faster processing.

Since I do not know how the game client downloads or uses what browser to download the patch, I got no way to force a reset on the page it downloads from. If you tried the url link that coolbluex uses on Internet Explorer, you should see a 7.87 version being shown. (Firefox will require u to download and reopen the file using Firefox again).

The way to reset is to include a /? at the end of the url. I've did the same thing for Firefox and Internet Explorer, they are showing 7.88 now, but somehow the game client is still showing 7.87. So base on this, I can say that the game client does not use the browsers to download the patch, as the moment the page resets, the ISP cache for that page also refreshes and updates to the latest content.

The reason why your brother computer gets the same thing should probably be because both of you are in the same network. It should patch normally when you are in a different network.

The probable solution would be to contact your ISP Provider to refresh the ISP Cache since you can't do it on your side. OR to wait for the ISP Cache to expire which i do not know how long it will take.

(I chose to wait for the ISP Cache to expire, expiry generally occurs weekly so if you are taking this route, you should not update the game client for a week)

I guess i will wait then, thanks for the info.

coolbluex 01-07-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shacky (Post 1664134)

interesting and informative read!
the only thing the link that i provided prevents is the server mismatch error
so if i or anyone who tries this method and is still at the 7.87 patch exceptional errors will occur when your screen tries to show new items from the 7.88 patch

so yea only way to by-pass this is to get on hotspot shield, patch and disconnect hotspot and play .-.