ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Tech Issues

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-20-2011   #1 (permalink)
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond repute
Default "A file(splash.dmy) attribute (~RO) is not changing."

I did a custom installation of Windows 7 on my Sony Vaio yesterday. Installed TO, tried to patch it this morning and it said updated failed. I tried again and got these errors:

Spoiler!

And then some gibberish..

Spoiler!

My directories are already "read only" by default. I've rebooted my laptop too.

System specs:

Spoiler!

Help is appreciated. Thank you.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-20-2011   #2 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutDragon SagaDrift City

okay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure but i think it is asking you to uncheck the read-only attribute.

How can the patcher write in the folder if it can only read it. :v

Edit:

HI HI HI HI LYN o3o

Last edited by okay; 10-20-2011 at 07:54 AM.

10-20-2011   #3 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards MoM Award

Aria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond repute

No, the Trickster Online folder has always been read only since you installed the game. Out of curiosity, I unchecked read only for a bit and tried to patch, and it didn't work.

10-20-2011   #4 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

You probably did, but did you run 'splash.exe' as an administrator?

10-20-2011   #5 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
You probably did, but did you run 'splash.exe' as an administrator?
I tried that just now and it worked.

Seems rather annoying to have to run it as an administrator every time to bypass the problem but oh well, I can live with that.

Thanks. +Rep

10-20-2011   #6 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
I tried that just now and it worked.

Seems rather annoying to have to run it as an administrator every time to bypass the problem but oh well, I can live with that.

Thanks. +Rep
You are welcome indeed, but you don't need to do it every time. Just simply right click on 'splash.exe', and go to properties. From there, go to the compatibility tab. Under the privilege level, just check mark it to run as administrator.

From now on, each time you run it, the window should pop up asking if it is alright to run as administrator.

10-20-2011   #7 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
You are welcome indeed, but you don't need to do it every time. Just simply right click on 'splash.exe', and go to properties. From there, go to the compatibility tab. Under the privilege level, just check mark it to run as administrator.

From now on, each time you run it, the window should pop up asking if it is alright to run as administrator.
Oh right, I forgot about that one.

P.S. I need to spread around some reputation before I +rep you, but thanks all the same. xD

12-19-2011   #8 (permalink)
What a NUB :3
Games
Trickster OnlineMapleStoryGunboundLineage

iMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to behold
IGN: LoveYoux3
Class: Champion to_schoolgirl
Level: 320
Guild: God of War

Really thankies! you guys fixed my problem (changed pc) xd