ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Fandom > Trickster Online Screenshots

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-29-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Sumer is on a distinguished road
IGN: ask me (i'm antisocial)
Class: Cyber Hunter to_scientist
Level: 33x
Guild: I.AM.ANTI.SOCIAL
Smile Past Trickster

Well, this thread is dedicated to the Trickster that once was.

It isn't a rant, or bring back (insert item/skill/zone) type of thread or a new trickster is (insert bad word here), those just get into trolling and flaming. And there are a LOT of them already.

Here we just post screenshots or stuff about things that once were, now they aren't anymore on Trickster Online.

I'll start with something nobody saw on eTO. It's the old Megalopolis and old Oops!

So, without further ado
___

Old megalopolis and old oops mini-maps

___

Old Megalopolis city center. It was a building of the Broadcasting Company. Secondly, a Card Girl shop in one of the corners of the town. You can see there were 2 of them in the left and right parts of the town.

Last edited by Sumer; 07-29-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-29-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

parudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond repute

XD I wasn't trying to troll or anything, just thought it would be nice to have old stuff back instead of coming up with completely new stuff (since the developer's are so keen on recycling anyway).

Anyways, kTO started the closed beta on winter 2002, and after 3 trials started open beta around April 2003. I began playing this game at the end of July when 100 Day event just ended and Korean Independence Day(8.15) event was going on.

kTO can be divided to 3 different parts. First is pre-0.91 patch(~Jan 2005) days, when as I mentioned earlier we had a very different skill system (it's almost as if it was an entirely different game). Then came around Trickster AD in 2005, when option Equipments (custom, craft, ultimate, etc), mature compounding and refinement systems were updated. Then 2 years later, Trickster Revolution started servicing on seperate server provided by Ntreev (before this it was on major game publishing company called Netmarble).

For the next couple of months you could play 2 different versions of Tricksters (AD on Netmarble and R on Ntreev), but AD quickly and abruptly closed down. This was right after when the developers had a meeting with future updates on AD server so people were really upset...and I quit plaing TO at this point and didn't play it again until last year XD

Anyways, it's good to see that TO is loved by people all over the world. It's a very special game to me, because I literally played this game all throughout my teenage years (I really should stop playing games anymore XD) Please share your own memories of TO!! I'd love to hear how eTO got started...

07-29-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

parudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond repute

(one of the very first illustrations..)

(old Megalopolis, this is the user who came up with the name 'Musume Drill'-"Sigujilly" in the item description is this user's name)

(start screen)

(old path to Relics gate)

Here are some things I remember from pre-AD days:

1. There were 8 skills in total for each type for each level(so 32 skills and 8 maximum TM lv). Some were learnable to all classes while some were type-specific. Majority of them were physical attack skills or stat-buff skills, so this opened up multiple ways to build your character. (For example, AP sheep or MA cat)

2. Spells were usually used from spell cards. There were some spell type skills that magic-types could learn but since spell cards were so strong, they weren't used as widely (but still used a lot, like AoE skill that were for magic type only).

3. TM exp was gained not by killing monsters but by taking type-related actions.
i.e. To raise Power-type TM you needed to attack or use power-type skills. For charm-type TM you needed to get a 'miss' from a monster or use charm-type skills. For magic type, spell cards or magic-type skills. For Sense type, drill, get block or use sense-type skills. Because of this, people started grinding at a very low level (getting hit by Golden Moles or using low level spell cards againt Koma).

4. There was a period where You'd get 100% block if you had 100 LK stats. For this some people went Pure LK and Clover of Luck(Lucky Seven, which was learnable to all types then) was a must have skill. Because of this people were able to hunt Spicy Dragon(lv 300 back then) at a relatively low level.

I'll post more when I find more stuff....

Last edited by parudy88; 07-29-2011 at 01:37 PM.

07-29-2011   #4 (permalink)
Phat booty is <3
Games
Trickster Online

prison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to prison
IGN: [Banned from TO All over]
Level: xxx
Guild: God of War

it would be cool to see an English server with the really old stuff. c:

07-29-2011   #5 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation

Oh wow...I wish TO went back in Time...D:

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

07-29-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

Well, between the old maps and the current ones, at least from the ones shown above, I prefer the current ones.

The old way to get TM experience seems very interesting, however - reminds me a bit of the process of leveling your guardian egg.

And I would like to see some skills that could be used by every class, independently of how bad they are. On this note, why on earth using a gun requires a skill (making all MS guns from prizes, boxes, etc, useless as I do not pretend to make a sense) while swords and other equips do not?

I love the bunny image on the MyView screenshot.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

07-29-2011   #7 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaJessica
Well, between the old maps and the current ones, at least from the ones shown above, I prefer the current ones.
Same here. New maps over old maps any day.

07-29-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaJessica
I do too

Quote:
And I would like to see some skills that could be used by every class, independently of how bad they are.
Most of them are surprisingly the skills that still remain in the game. For example, among power types, Shockwave, Armor Breaker, Adrenalin(!), Bull's Eye were learnable by all classes, hence the popularity of pure AP sheeps (she has the fastest attack motions out of all characters).

Magic type skills that were common to all classes were Blood Change (lets you use HP when casting spells), Nike's Trumphet(=Mist of Mana), Power Stone (=Summon Builer).

Sturdy Shield, Dodge Master, Entrancing Wink, Sticky Rice(Reduces Enemie's DX, kind of like Mana Web) were common Charm type skills. Titan's Descendents(=Shuriken Master), Heavy Carrier, Bionic Lens(=Sixth Sense),Clover of Luck(=Lucky Seven) were the common Sense type skills.

Pretty useful skills, right?

07-29-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Smile

Yes, those global skills really seem useful! I know i could need some charm skills

Parudy, thanks for the screenshots and info! I wasn't talking about you when i said some people troll for the old stuff!
It's the same way others troll for the new stuff, always wishfully thinking that new = better.

And point #3 and #4 on your list are so intriguing, especially #3 and skills from cards directly, that seems so interesting!

Old memories

You asked for them Parudy ^^
Found this minimap, ooh the memories haha. Altough the starting zones were so different and so many of them, something like a garden with bushes cutout like drills (like in SE forest), a lonely beach, a ship. I also remember Ghost Blue for noobies, and talking for hours in mycamps and partying 'till we dropped dead (or we were healed by friendly dragons). also equips like that matryoshka doll for noobs, haha, relaxing times!

You know, i kinda grew up with trickster too, and i always love to come here for my childhood memories. Although i now play other stuff more + i don't agree on all the ways current Trickster is going, it still is a special game for me too.
___

Last edited by Sumer; 07-29-2011 at 09:44 PM.

07-30-2011   #10 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

The old tutorial was pretty cool, but things are much more better and streamlined now. I guess nothing could ever replace the experience I had with Trickster the first time though, good times.

07-30-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

More Old Illustrations! I really miss this style--although some NPCs stayed the same since the beginning, like French Maid or Al Hauri.

07-30-2011   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Oho those are so different from what we know now. I mean their faces. I think they are more Trickster-like because their nose... is missing, just like in the game. The lion looks like someone i know lol (but that person has a nose). So cute!

Very cool stuff parudy! :hug:

07-31-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

*hugs you back* glad you liked them!

These are the very first loading screens that were used in game. They were eliminated when Trickster AD started (unfortunately I couldn't find them in original sizes). I really really miss these.....

(This one is my favorite)

Last edited by parudy88; 07-31-2011 at 02:59 PM.

07-31-2011   #14 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

That sheep has huge hands and huge feet.

07-31-2011   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
MapleStoryPangyaTrickster OnlineEden Eternal

MrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant future
IGN: Phanphyz
Class: Fat Head lt_bard
Level: 1
Guild: {StalkasRUs}

i like the snowy one, nice thread you got here

08-04-2011   #16 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumer
Ah the old tutorial map! Well I think it's the old tutorial map. I remember a mix of Even Garden and it's on Megalopolis or something like that. No videos or anything animated of the past. (Though my sis HATES the old tutorial because it's slow and can't exit without knowing that "Esc" is the Exit button, lol!)

And I think I did save some of the old "wallpapers".

08-04-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineRagnarok OnlineRose Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumer
Yes, those global skills really seem useful! I know i could need some charm skills

Parudy, thanks for the screenshots and info! I wasn't talking about you when i said some people troll for the old stuff!
It's the same way others troll for the new stuff, always wishfully thinking that new = better.

And point #3 and #4 on your list are so intriguing, especially #3 and skills from cards directly, that seems so interesting!

Old memories

You asked for them Parudy ^^
Found this minimap, ooh the memories haha. Altough the starting zones were so different and so many of them, something like a garden with bushes cutout like drills (like in SE forest), a lonely beach, a ship. I also remember Ghost Blue for noobies, and talking for hours in mycamps and partying 'till we dropped dead (or we were healed by friendly dragons). also equips like that matryoshka doll for noobs, haha, relaxing times!

You know, i kinda grew up with trickster too, and i always love to come here for my childhood memories. Although i now play other stuff more + i don't agree on all the ways current Trickster is going, it still is a special game for me too.
___
This isn't new to me or it doesn't surprise me at all. I saw the old kTO last 3 years ago and so are the old kTO screenshots from an old player's site.

Spoiler!

08-04-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Old Trickster was better, period. Even pre-Revo eTO was way better than the drama-infested, MS-addicted pile of crap we have today. Yes, I still enjoy it, but I did even more back then.

@Snow; The old beginner training ground was one of the best maps in the whole game and made a strong first impression on me. I sure miss it.

08-04-2011   #19 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Those spirit of fire, ice and lightning cards, what were they used for? o-o

08-04-2011   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSmiley
Those spirit of fire, ice and lightning cards, what were they used for? o-o

They were spell cards usable by all classes. They were called (weakest to strongest) Spirit of Light, Spirit of Ice, Spirit of Thunder, Spirit of Fire, Spirit of Wind, and Touch of an Angel for the cure card. Each card except for Spirit of Light had two upgrades--"Gae" and "Jin".