ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-questions-answers/)
-   -   Could someone post an screenshot on how the time-capsule, freeze/defrost works? (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-questions-answers/82037-could-someone-post-screenshot-how-time-capsule-freeze-defrost-works.html)

Lintu 09-10-2010 10:18 AM

Could someone post an screenshot on how the time-capsule, freeze/defrost works?

Like, how many tickets do you need to buy to get 1 extra slot and change between characters?

I dun really understand how it works...
A screen shot would be awesome to see how it works. :py33:

Esper 09-10-2010 10:24 AM

I don't have screenshots but...it takes 1 Time Capsule per character frozen.

I'm trying to remember how it went since I did this months ago.
When you're at your character selection and have selected a character, you press the Freeze button at the bottom. A box will appear telling you what happens (can't access character and items, friend list will be deleted, etc).

If you already have everything set, then you can freeze the character.
If you make a new character and all 3 slots are full, you're going to have to buy another Time Capsule to freeze a character.

When I unfroze my characters, it didn't take any time capsules.

Lintu 09-10-2010 10:34 AM

But how about if you freeze char 1 > create char 2 > freeze char 2 > defrost char 1
and to change back to char 2, do you need a new ticket to freeze char 1?

Esper 09-10-2010 10:35 AM

Yes. Whenever all 3 character slots are full, you're going to need a Time Capsule if you want to unfreeze one of your frozen characters.

Lintu 09-10-2010 10:37 AM

How about if i have used
'storage permit' on one of my chars that i want to freeze, will everything be reset?

Esper 09-10-2010 10:44 AM

Those should stay since it's MyShop related but I'm unsure as I've never frozen a character with the Storage extensions.

Khmer1337 09-10-2010 10:55 AM

Storage Permit I think gives you an extra 8 slots in the storage. Time Capsule is a totally different thing.

Esper 09-10-2010 10:57 AM

Lintu is asking if she used a Store Permit and then froze the character, if the freezing will remove the extra spaces. :[

Khmer1337 09-10-2010 11:16 AM

I don't think it will o.o

Aria 09-10-2010 11:16 AM

I just froze/defrosted a char yesterday. Would've SS'd it for you if I'd seen this thread sooner but I believe you can understand how it works without one. I'll just tell you what happened to my char.

Your char will be frozen on an as/is basis. You simply go into MyShop and buy a time capsule. This seems to be some sort of passive item as I can never find it in my inventory to take it out, so just buy it and you're set. Go to "freeze" and it'll ask you if you're sure you want to freeze it. It'll also tell you how many time capsules you have and you need at least one to freeze your char obviously. The counter will be at 1 if you already have bought a capsule.

When you want to defrost a char, just select that option and pick the char you want. You don't need another time capsule to defrost characters so the ONLY time you need to buy one, is when you're freezing a char.

Lintu 09-12-2010 09:14 AM

Hum, if the character if frozen as it is, how about the guild the character is in?

Esper 09-12-2010 09:25 AM

Some players have said you're suppose to leave the Guild before you can freeze a character. If you don't leave the Guild, then a message will say you can not freeze it when trying to use the Time capsule.

For me, I was able to freeze the character while still in the Guild.

Aria 09-12-2010 01:28 PM

I apparently still have one SS of my char being frozen, if it helps to give you an idea what the situation is like.

http://h.imagehost.org/0915/screenshot0022.jpg

Miliazer 10-17-2010 03:05 AM

I'm currently stuck, unable to freeze my cat. :I She just got divorced but the system keeps saying that she needs to be out of the couple/relationship thing. Any help?

Kebin 10-17-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miliazer (Post 1373582)
I'm currently stuck, unable to freeze my cat. :I She just got divorced but the system keeps saying that she needs to be out of the couple/relationship thing. Any help?

Did the other person accept the divorce request?

Miliazer 10-17-2010 09:12 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

>: Still trying, not working.

LeoDirk 10-17-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miliazer (Post 1373717)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

>: Still trying, not working.

>< Yea I did. I have no clue why it isn't working..

Esper 10-17-2010 12:03 PM

This is a guess but since the divorce has a penalty about how long before you can date (true?), it may apply to the Time Capsules.
If not, you may want to send a 1:1 ticket to them.

LeoDirk 10-17-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirae (Post 1373786)
This is a guess but since the divorce has a penalty about how long before you can date (true?), it may apply to the Time Capsules.
If not, you may want to send a 1:1 ticket to them.

Yea that's what we were worried about. If that is true it just seems stupid to have to wait a week just to freeze a character x.x

Miliazer 10-17-2010 08:15 PM

Exactly. .w.

It's really stupid to have to wait a week just to freeze a character. I've already sent a 1:1 though, waiting for their reply.