ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Questions & Answers

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-22-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Seijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Questions about tempering.

As the NPC says nothing about that, and that I obviously can't search for the info on MyTrickster anymore... here's my question.

If an item is already compounded...

1. Will I be able to temper it?
2. If so, will the compounds be lost, or will they remain intact?
3. Are the tempering stats completely randomized, or do I have much more chances to get bad stats, and low chances of great stats, when tempering?
4. If so, is it dependant on a stat (such as LK)?

Thank you.

Edit : I can't believe that. Another person and I have posted topics about tempering on the same minute. o_O

Last edited by Seijin; 06-22-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-22-2008   #2 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

1. Yes compounded equips will be tempered
2. No, the tempering just makes a range from your total comped stat and re-roll it.
3. The stats are completely on your real life luck from what I have known.
4. I am not sure, but I do not believe any stats play a part on tempering

06-22-2008   #3 (permalink)
mountain ahoy!
Special
Games
ACE OnlineWorld of TanksGuild Wars 2
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Zegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nr3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijin
As the NPC says nothing about that, and that I obviously can't search for the info on MyTrickster anymore... here's my question.

If an item is already compounded...

3. Are the tempering stats completely randomized, or do I have much more chances to get bad stats, and low chances of great stats, when tempering?

Thank you.

Edit : I can't believe that. Another person and I have posted topics about tempering on the same minute. o_O
Typically the upper-range is a little bit higher than the lower range.

06-22-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Tempering stats are pretty random as far as I know. It's possible to take 50+ tempers to achieve a desirable result on one occasion, and only 1 or 2 temper on another. If you're lucky, you won't need that many tempers to get something that suits your taste.

06-22-2008   #5 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

tempering ranges are different for equips
some cannot even be tempered
and some have very large ranges(chaos/requiem equips)

06-23-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

arc17 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to arc17

yes you can still temper it. tempering will re-roll your base stats only, the compounded stats still remain the same. but if u're gonna refine the eq, temper before refining as a higher base stat would make the increase per refine level higher. but if you refined it before you temper, the increase per refine level after tempering follows the original old un-tempered stats.

compound stats remain there, unchanged.

As Zegridathes said, its harder to get the higher stats from the remper range. but if u're lucky enough, you could get it in just a few tempers.

tempering is completely random, *maybe* biased towards the lower range *slightly* more than the upper range. none of the ingame stats affect tempering, i guess its just your real life luck

06-24-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

mihawk is on a distinguished road

1 yes.
2 it will remain intact.
3 its random, probably you need to stock chaos feathers when you want great results if youre lucky.
4 real life luck its just too random

ie: if you sword has 500 ap and temper it, got like 600ap, when you try refining it the +ap would be higher than the regular 500. its like 600x(LV mag ratio)=the total ap of weapon. (correct me if am wrong)
Refinement - Trickster Wiki

06-24-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Seijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you very much for all your replies.