ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-questions-answers/)
-   -   Coming back to TO (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-questions-answers/120392-coming-back.html)

Kingdra04 01-19-2013 07:46 PM

Coming back to TO

After over a year of hiatus I decided that I want to give this game a shot again. However, I've been reading a lot of threads from different players here and notice that everybody is saying that it's "going downhill" or "ain't what it used to be". Should I even bother with this game anymore? Are there new things that I can look forward to?

Torikakae 01-19-2013 07:49 PM

It's been "going downhill/ain't what it used to be" for years now. It's also "gonna die soon" for that long too.

Take that however you wish~

Kingdra04 01-19-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torikakae (Post 1799391)
It's been "going downhill/ain't what it used to be" for years now. It's also "gonna die soon" for that long too.

When I was still playing last year, I was fairly aware of how much TO has gone downhill given that I played before Revo. However, the threads about it going downhill are much, much more commonplace now than it was then.

Moonie 01-19-2013 08:08 PM

Welcome back :py12:..maybe..!

I rejoined about 4 months ago myself.

Met up with old friends and started making lots of new ones. :py54:

Since a year ago new skills have been added, it's kind of fun to test them out in pvp or whatever. So there's one thing you could play when you get back

It just seems like the future of TO could be exciting when it arrives with new Harkon and Polar Bear character and who knows what other chars might show up also!

Idk! Up to you~ Just more people is always more fun. Hurrrrhurrr

Kingdra04 01-19-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonie (Post 1799394)
Welcome back :py12:..maybe..!

I rejoined about 4 months ago myself.

Met up with old friends and started making lots of new ones. :py54:

Since a year ago new skills have been added, it's kind of fun to test them out in pvp or whatever. So there's one thing you could play when you get back

It just seems like the future of TO could be exciting when it arrives with new Harkon and Polar Bear character and who knows what other chars might show up also!

Idk! Up to you~ Just more people is always more fun. Hurrrrhurrr

New skills? :o Never heard those before. Are they like for the Pures exclusively (I've been wanting to make an SM for so long, ha~) or just generally every class got new skills?

Ruriko 01-19-2013 08:41 PM

Come back next year and you should see new characters to play with :)

Nebula 01-19-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingdra04 (Post 1799396)
New skills? :o Never heard those before. Are they like for the Pures exclusively (I've been wanting to make an SM for so long, ha~) or just generally every class got new skills?

They are for 2nd and 3rd job, so everyone except dark sheep get 2 brand new skills. Some tend not to do as much as others but here is a run down on them.

2nd Buff- Lightning Sword- multi target, really fast casting skill. You would love it.
3rd Buff- some kind of healing skill that heals poison and your hp (fixed amout 800 HP per tick), you can stack them.

2nd Bunny- Lets you break out of faint.
3rd Bunny- an AoE

2nd Dragon- the power to revive
3rd Dragon- The ability to halve cooldowns of skills. This is amazingly useful as it is a party buff.
-or-
A dark attribute buff

2nd sheep- Buffs up the attribute of you and your party members. -support skills for buffaoes to be honest-
3rd Sheep- Something that vanishes monsters for a little while.

2nd Lion- Faster reload times
3rd Lion- A bunker. This is pretty much a stationary Shield of Heaven (you cannot move)

2nd Fox- another AoE
3rd Fox- some single target attack.

2nd Racoon- You can suicide bomb XD
3rd Racoon- a card based AoE

2nd Cat- you can cancel your enemy's buffs
3rd Cat- Evolution buff.

SO that is that.
Also check out the tap spa and if you want a challenge (mentally) try out the spicy trials.

Tardar 01-19-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torikakae (Post 1799391)

The only difference is you can visibly see the shit state the game is in now.

I would highly recommend against playing again, especially if you're an individual that tends to pay. It's not entirely smart to invest into Trickster right now, given how it's on quite the downward spiral, to say the least.