ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Questions & Answers

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-27-2012   #1 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalPangyaS4 League

YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: YenSai/BeautyDisaster
Class: Foxeh/Cat to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x/TM 38x
Guild: {7N}
Default Timed Criticals

Well, I'm making a hunter lord(hybrid fox, uses gun). I don't understand how timed criticals work, because sometimes I'll crit with a regular shot after using a skill and sometimes not.
  • How do I do timed criticals after using a skill?
  • How do I time regular shots into being timed criticals?
The only way I've figured how to do timed criticals with regular shots is if I have trickster sound on and I count in between each shot until I get the rhythm going. But even doing this takes a while to get criticals going so I'm wondering if there's an easier way..I don't want to have trickster music on every time I play my hunter lord :l..
Is there anyone that can explain this clearly? I plan on PvPing with her but I need to understand exactly how these work. Any input is greatly appreciated, will give +reps

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-27-2012   #2 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation

I've done this before on my lion usually. But when you shoot at an enemy, it should appear any kind of number like 0-100,000 (I know it's impossible for Hybrid foxes and Lions to do this kind of Dmg with Guns but I'm just making up numbers) Now the second bfore that Dmg counter is about to fade away shoot the enemy again and it will give you a Critical hit.

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

11-27-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMix
the second before that Dmg counter is about to fade away shoot the enemy

Wrong. It depends on the gun you are using, it may vary from a second+ to an eye blink. The deal about skills and regular shots is the same - you must time your shots (lol). It depends on the numbers you see on the screen. You must 2 things to make it work:
1. Get to know your gun. Experiment, make observations on how long do you have to wait to shoot again to get a critical hit.
2. Turn these lucky shots into something you can control. As a side not, timed criticals works just like clock ticks, i.e. imagine that the time you must wait to shoot to get a timed critical is a tick. Sooo, you can shoot after 1,2,3,4,5 etc ticks and still get the critical shot, but it takes a lot more practice as numbers will be long gone, so you must count time in your mind.

Other than that, later on you can shoot critical shots this way (but it also depends on your gun): shoot, cast a buff, shoot again. BAM! Critical hit

11-27-2012   #4 (permalink)
Banned
Games

YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both of you, I guess I can forget about learning it until I've got my higher lvl gun(335 altiverse). It seems it all boils down to experience and getting used to it..+repped both of you

11-27-2012   #5 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YenSai
Well, I'm making a hunter lord(hybrid fox, uses gun). I don't understand how timed criticals work, because sometimes I'll crit with a regular shot after using a skill and sometimes not.
  • How do I do timed criticals after using a skill?
  • How do I time regular shots into being timed criticals?
The only way I've figured how to do timed criticals with regular shots is if I have trickster sound on and I count in between each shot until I get the rhythm going. But even doing this takes a while to get criticals going so I'm wondering if there's an easier way..I don't want to have trickster music on every time I play my hunter lord :l..
Is there anyone that can explain this clearly? I plan on PvPing with her but I need to understand exactly how these work. Any input is greatly appreciated, will give +reps

The double crit shot is irrelevant since it was patched eons ago, but the timed crit method explained in this video is still accurate. It's useless to use timed criticals on a Hunter Lord since they don't have access to Gun Overdrive and Keen Sense which only with both (as I last recall, mind you, I haven't played in eons) will make your timed criticals stronger than a Powershot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernalGuy
Wrong. It depends on the gun you are using, it may vary from a second+ to an eye blink. The deal about skills and regular shots is the same - you must time your shots (lol). It depends on the numbers you see on the screen. You must 2 things to make it work:
1. Get to know your gun. Experiment, make observations on how long do you have to wait to shoot again to get a critical hit.
2. Turn these lucky shots into something you can control. As a side not, timed criticals works just like clock ticks, i.e. imagine that the time you must wait to shoot to get a timed critical is a tick. Sooo, you can shoot after 1,2,3,4,5 etc ticks and still get the critical shot, but it takes a lot more practice as numbers will be long gone, so you must count time in your mind.

Other than that, later on you can shoot critical shots this way (but it also depends on your gun): shoot, cast a buff, shoot again. BAM! Critical hit
Yes and no. Yes it does depend somewhat on your gun-- performing a timed crit on a ~1s reload gun (ie., MyShop/Gacha, Powerful, Altiverse, Boss guns) is easier than performing it on a >~1s reload gun (eg., an Old Classic Gun)-- but your gun does not determine when you fire again from my experience. You can use the approximate time your damage will fade away from the screen as a definite starting point, from which you can proceed to making a rhythm independent of the damage you just dealt.

11-27-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare
but your gun does not determine when you fire again from my experience.
Didn't really understood this part, but what I meant was that you can shoot first tick, then wait like 2 or 3, and if you shoot at fourth it'll be critical hit

11-27-2012   #7 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Quote:
Didn't really understood this part, but what I meant was that you can shoot first tick, then wait like 2 or 3, and if you shoot at fourth it'll be critical hit
I think he saying all guns have the same reload time.

11-27-2012   #8 (permalink)
Banned
Games

Thanks for the info, I can't +rep Jare or snow because I have recently >.< .
Hunter lords do have access to Keen Sense, just not Gun Overdrive, so once I learn Keen Sense it will be well worth learning timed criticals. I guess I will practice and get used to it.

11-27-2012   #9 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What I meant to say is that your gun does not have as big as an impact as you imply. Especially given the fact that virtually any endgame gun is going to have around the same reload speed (all MyShop/Gacha, Powerful, Altiverse, Uniques, and I think Ultimates too have around ~1s reload).

@Gabby: I don't know if it's both Keen Sense and Gun Overdrive that you need to make your timed crits stronger than Powershot or just one. I'm fairly certain Overdrive by itself will make them stronger, but I don't think Keen Sense by itself will. Not to mention you have to get hella good at it since a missed crit is a loss in dps ;o;

Last edited by james; 11-27-2012 at 12:06 PM.

11-27-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

I was refering to very early game in fact, it does have a great impact then, pretty much until your first MS/alti gun

11-27-2012   #11 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
I was refering to very early game in fact, it does have a great impact then, pretty much until your first MS/alti gun
Still irrelevant since a Lion shouldn't be using a gun until TM 55. Ultimates should (by my memory) have ~1s reload times so it really doesn't matter. Not to mention TS is already well beyond the early stage so it doesn't even matter.

11-27-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Dafuq, lions must use guns as fast as they get TM lvl 30 -.- you 2hko most mobs then. Or 3hko, but with timed critical it becomes 2.

11-27-2012   #13 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Dafuq, lions must use guns as fast as they get TM lvl 30 -.- you 2hko most mobs then. Or 3hko, but with timed critical it becomes 2.
It's cost ineffective to use a Gun on a Lion before TM 40 at the earliest. Before then you're forced to tank the monsters hits. Additionally, if you're an individual who can't perform timed criticals (which probably is every single new Lion) you're slowing yourself down. Using a basic Dagger compounded with Earth attr is faster (or powerleveling or GLS/GS combo if $$$).

And that's the end of that, g'head if you want to try to respond.

Last edited by james; 11-27-2012 at 01:32 PM.

11-28-2012   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Trust me kid'o, I know EVERYTHING you're telling me (and making it look like something woooow). Countless number of times I had lions, most of them didn't reached 3rd job, so I may not be a pro at late game, but early game is MY SPECIALITY. With the gun you get from paradise key quest, mastered Gun Booster and pure AC path you can hit fot 1k+ damage. So you either must have Golden Set (which newbies NEVER has) or pump up 800+ AP as a lion to hit 1k with the knife. Good luck on doing that on lvl 35

11-28-2012   #15 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Holy Paladin
Level: 100

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say Gabby is likely powerleveling herself or a friend is helping her, so beginning game is irrelevant.

Plus, why mention using guns early game when it's obvious Gabby is a well-known well funded player who (if she doesn't own a Golden Set) can easily borrow one (assuming she has to get to level x to start being plvled, assuming she's getting plvled)?

Cheers.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307, Crusader Main
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
FFXIV Evalyn Fior, Excalibur NA
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589 // Wii U tmikucki

11-28-2012   #16 (permalink)
Banned
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare
I'm just going to go out on a limb and say Gabby is likely powerleveling herself or a friend is helping her, so beginning game is irrelevant.

Plus, why mention using guns early game when it's obvious Gabby is a well-known well funded player who (if she doesn't own a Golden Set) can easily borrow one (assuming she has to get to level x to start being plvled, assuming she's getting plvled)?

Cheers.

I am being powerleveled, yes, currently lvl 210 and moving up daily, so "early game" is pretty much over with.
Honestly, I don't plan on using my gun very much especially in PvP. I am going to be learning all of the necessary 2nd job fox skills (i.e chain of knives, rain of knives, landmine, etc) so I will be able to have a choice of whether i want to use gun or my regular set. And being as she will pretty much be strictly for PvP(just like all me characters ) I will make decisions based on what will benefit me more in PvP.

11-28-2012   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Gabby, like from Desperate Housewives? I don't know neither of them

Last edited by InfernalGuy; 11-28-2012 at 12:02 PM.

11-28-2012   #18 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Gabby, like from Desperate Housewives? I don't know both of them
Gabby as in YenSai, the topic starter.....?

11-28-2012   #19 (permalink)
Banned
Games

LOLOL.. Troll troll

But really, all my questions have been answered and it all boils down to practice. Thread can be closed

11-28-2012   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare
Gabby as in YenSai, the topic starter.....?
I knew it by the time Dare said Gabby, Sherlock. That's why I said NEITHER of them, first one being housewife, other YenSai, my whole point was that I have no idea what funds he/she has. Duuuh

Last edited by InfernalGuy; 11-28-2012 at 12:06 PM.