ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Questions & Answers

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-21-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

LowBattery will become famous soon enough
Default Worth coming back?

As the title suggests, I'm looking to re-install and get back into Trickster Online once again. However, I've been away for so long that I'm not even sure if it's the same game as when I left it. I haven't played for over a year now, so I'm sure a lot of things have changed. So I wanted to ask you guys, the people who have been playing the game, if you think it would be worth it for an old player to come back and attempt to pick up where he left off a year ago.

If you think the answer is yes, would you please list a few (if there have been any) major changes that have taken place in the last year? I appreciate your advice guys, thank you.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-21-2012   #2 (permalink)
STARVE THE EGO *
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineMapleStoryAudition
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

Math is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Sowwey
Class: Xe
Level: 1/50
Guild: Noctis

The only really remarkable changes I've noticed taken place this year would be the mail system (ability to interact with people when they are offline; has a 5 unit limit) and chaos tower (tower where you climb up and defeat monsters and bosses, giving you amazing exp and a chance to gain altiverse, weapons and armor in different level tiers that have a chance at being better than boss sets).

Edit: Ah, they also added new third job skills. They're worth checking out depending on which job you are.

I would say come back to Trickster, it's still pretty nice, but GameGuard has been been added to the game |: You might not even be able to run the game, lol.
I would really just wait until that goes away.

Last edited by Math; 10-21-2012 at 09:44 PM.

10-21-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky
You might not even be able to run the game, lol.
I would really just wait until that goes away.
GameGuard is annoying, but most people can run the game just fine by executing as administrator.

Also; It's only worth coming back if you have enough galders to fund your character(s).
Prices for many things have doubled since a year ago.

Last edited by Aria; 10-24-2012 at 02:12 PM.

10-21-2012   #4 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

I personally wouldn't suggest bothering to go back. But you know, personal preference and all that.

Word of advice, though; if you do go back, be prepared to deal with a bundle of possible issues (some people don't have problems, but most others do). GameGuard is a pain in the ass and it may end up screwing your computer over. It can cause "Blue Screen of Death" and other things, such as making your copy of Windows no longer genuine (or at least making your system think that).

There are some threads about it, if you haven't already read them:

A little bit of GameGuard info
Gameguard Problems Info Collection

We need to speak out to SGI/GameRage[Concerning GameGuard]
oHHH DEAR GOD GAMEGUARD IS BACK!

10-22-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

LowBattery will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare
GameGuard is annoying, but most people can run the game just fine by executing as administrator.

Also; It's worth coming back if you have enough galders to fund your character(s). Prices for fuses and MS rates, among others, have about doubled since a year ago.
I have around 200mil galders between my characters; I'm not sure if 200mil is considered "a lot" today (probably not), but would that be enough to at least get started again?

I don't typically buy MS items with galders anyway, and I'm not that into fuses.

I think the only thing holding me back from playing again is all this talk about how bad game guard is.

10-22-2012   #6 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalPangyaS4 League

YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: YenSai/BeautyDisaster
Class: Foxeh/Cat to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x/TM 38x
Guild: {7N}

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBattery
I have around 200mil galders between my characters; I'm not sure if 200mil is considered "a lot" today (probably not), but would that be enough to at least get started again?

I don't typically buy MS items with galders anyway, and I'm not that into fuses.

I think the only thing holding me back from playing again is all this talk about how bad game guard is.
200m is fine if you don't plan on buying fuses or boss equips or ...Well, much of anything that is high in demand..The prices literally have skyrocketed. But if you plan on just leveling and working on your character 200m should be fine.
As for gameguard, I can't even run the game and like Care said there's so many problems with it I would just wait until they remove it again..Or at least fix the problems. I didn't have problems with gameguard before, but now it's giving me hell and I've pretty much given up trying to get the game working. Can only wait until they fix their mistakes(god knows when that will be)

As for new content, snow hill has gotten revamped, as well as techichi, tapasco, and coral town/beach town(paradise). New 3rd and 2nd job skills are out and they are pretty nice(some of them at least). Episode 6 is out(not sure how new that is I can't even remember). There is a new-ish mail system like Rare mentioned, and there is a new addition to when you right click your character. It shows all of the items being sold on the map you are on..So it makes shopping a lot easier, no more spending 30 minutes looking through all the shops in megalopolis (IT'S ABOUT TIME)..

So I would say if gameguard doesn't screw you over like it did for many others, it's worth playing the game again. If it gives you any sort of problems, you might as well wait like I am.

Last edited by YenSai; 10-22-2012 at 09:55 AM.