ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Questions & Answers

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-09-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

lMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the rough
IGN: lEmmie/lMina(Duelist)
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 22x-20x/24x-2xx
Guild: SilentMoon
Xfire: ??? ._.
Default Does the depth matters when drilling?

This is a quick question. I want to level up my TM as much as I can while being afk drilling, but I'm not sure if the depth of the soil matters for that, or if it is better being at a field where I can do lots of drills (e.g Coral Beach fields). I know the type of drill matters, but I'm not sure about the depth of the soil. Also, is there any drill in-game that is the best for doing this?

Thanks in advance~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-09-2012   #2 (permalink)
DTF
Games
Trickster OnlineLuniaDragon SagaLa Tale
Awards MoM Award

Location: south of the north pole and north of the south pole
kale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kale15

short answer, YES

long answer:
Drill EXP (if you find or don't find an item):
Depth of item (or the depth you drill to if no item) * Drill Stage

Drill TMEXP (if you find an item):
(players base lvl * 3 + item depth)* Drill Stage * 4

Drill EXP/TMEXP (if you get a squiggly):
(max possible drill depth(on the drill) + Max Drill Depth(how deep you can drill on the map)) * Drill Stage

08-09-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

lMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the rough

I see...I always thought it didn't matter *noob* then what place should be the best to stay afk drilling just for TM?

08-09-2012   #4 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Using Kale's formula, it depends on your level. You should note that driller deeper consumes time.
Basically if your lvl*3=300 then the contibution for TM will be half from your level and half from the depth. Now if you are manually digging, you will spend less time idling, so you are best off digging at lower depths. If you are afk drilling, deep is worthwhile for this lvl or anything less than lvl 100 (drill max depth permitting).
However if your level is way above that threshold, then you level will be the dominant contributor to the exp. Here you may not wish to waste extra time on depth as proportionally, it will make less difference to the total exp. I would advise gate of desert beach.

Make any sense?

08-09-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

Sorry I forgot to answer. Yes it helped, thanks alot. I will drill for now at the Gate of Desert Beach since it's almost always success in finding an item it seems that I'm lvling TM faster than in another place. Thank you~

08-09-2012   #6 (permalink)
Chu!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Senpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Eire
Class: Trickster
Level: 62

Gate of Desert Beach and the cave next to it are the two maps most recommended for AFK drilling, regardless of your level. Use a Chaos drill there - you'll get good TM. The low depth of these maps is compensated by the fact that you drill faster, so it's always a better option than high depth maps like Tapasco Mine.

In my experience, the cave has an even better drop rate for items. I've always gone there.