ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Questions & Answers

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-07-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
Trickster Online

xSHiF7 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to xSHiF7
IGN: SHiF7
Class: Dark Lord to_magician
Level: 2xx
Guild: MoonightC
Default How do you not fail at refining?

Basically I just wanted to understand how refining actually works I do not want to know about how anvils work mostly about...
1.What is the most possible level I can get to without failing the Refine (Breaking the weapon)
2.Does Refining rate cards (Star Gazing) actually make a difference I'm talking about the +3 refine rates and such.
3.I know it doesn't say about it when I hover over the DA and LK but does LK or DA actually affect refining rate even though it doesn't say
4.Any other things about refining plz feel free to post

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-07-2012   #2 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

1. If it fails it breaks, simple as that. Fail to level 1? Break. Only MyShop equips (including Gacha) can be worn while broken, however.

2. With a full set of refine cards it can make quite a difference.

3. Nothing affects refining other than sheer luck.

08-07-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineContinent of the Ninth
Awards Facebook Fan

kuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Check siggie?
Class: delicious sheep buns. to_champion
Guild: Requisition/Astro Blitz

refining's just real life luck, you can fail at lv 2 or not fail until lv 7
[ GMT: -7:00 ]...[ Server: Fantasia ]
IGN: FishSauce | Hybari | Effervescent | Kishiou
[ AniPAN | DeviantArt | Pixiv | Tumblr | YouTube]

08-07-2012   #4 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Refine fortune is the only thing that helps, otherwise pure luck. Basicly a wheel of fortune where an arrow spins which determine if it fails or not. Too bad we can't see the wheel.

08-07-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSHiF7
1.What is the most possible level I can get to without failing the Refine (Breaking the weapon)
In case others didn't make clear, refining can fail at any level where the fail probability given by Marx is less than 100%.

08-07-2012   #6 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

What they all said.
To answer your initial topic question. Do not refine past level 1 unless you have a 90% fortune, then you are guaranteed lvl 5 with a 95% chance at level 6. +3% will make a small difference at lvl 2.. ~93% however this is rather trivial, but every bonus helps c:

08-07-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

90% refine is not exactly easy to get either, you know, especially if you happen to have only a couple of refine cards in your possession. Even 30% helps a lot, though the ideal is 60%. Do not try to aim solely for 90% unless you are galder rich and have plenty of refine cards available.

It is really too bad that they removed the Red Anvils + Refine Powders combo, the deal was good and the Anvils pretty much guarantees you a level 5 equip plus powders for extra levels. Without this now, your best bet is to buy a few Refine 95 (93 and under are not recommended unless you are desperate) and plenty of powders. Or wait until someone relatively trusted with a 60%+ fortune offers free services but they are far and between and you always run the risk of being scammed.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

08-07-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden Eternal

KahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant future
IGN: Kahru | Reimuu | Conduite
Class: Soul Master | Witch | Champion to_soulmaster
Level: 3xx/36x | 23x/2xx | 14x/13x

Sometimes I wonder the same thing, since I really only see the same players getting things to Lv13 over and over and over again. It's hard for me to imagine with how hard it is to find the Alex/Adam that these players spend so much.

Then again, I don't rotate 3+ mule accounts farming Lv. Up Gift boxes for the Repair Powders (among other pricey MS things) while AFK drilling in mines with 2 or 3 other ones.

That dice event a while back was really nice, got a ton of anvils from that and was able to level up a lot of my better EQ to 5~8 without failing much at all. I wish we could have one of those again.

Only used IGNs: Kahru | Reimuu. Anyone else claiming to be me is a scammer.

08-07-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

From what i know even at 100% success, refining fails.

08-08-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SteelFlex will become famous soon enoughSteelFlex will become famous soon enough
IGN: SteelFlex333
Class: Swag to_wizard
Level: Infinity
Guild: Nerf Koreans

Based on real life luck, thats it. Find a four-leafed clover and then you'll have no problem refining at all.

08-08-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Daeku is just really niceDaeku is just really niceDaeku is just really niceDaeku is just really niceDaeku is just really nice
IGN: Daeku/DejaVuII
Class: Buffalo to_mercenary
Level: 30x/200
Guild: MoonlightC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate23
From what i know even at 100% success, refining fails.
I've actually never seen it fail on 100%, however i did fail once at 99% and i do have horrible luck. So yes its all based on your luck in life.

People do like to belive that LK helps with compouding and refining, thats why i always refine with my LK set, just in case you know...

08-08-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeku
People do like to belive that LK helps with compouding and refining, thats why i always refine with my LK set, just in case you know...
There is no evidence whatsoever that LK helps refining. The game also states that it only helps with mature compounding.

08-08-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
Trickster Online

I know it supposed to be Luck but is there a formula in refining like tempering and compounding?

08-08-2012   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
Trickster Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare
1. If it fails it breaks, simple as that. Fail to level 1? Break. Only MyShop equips (including Gacha) can be worn while broken, however.

2. With a full set of refine cards it can make quite a difference.

3. Nothing affects refining other than sheer luck.
Wait so if I buy a MS item like a pluto staff and it fails at say Level 4 I would still be able to wear it? And is this with every MS Equip?

08-08-2012   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

There is a simple formula - a random generator. The lower the refining probability is, the higher the chance that the generator is going to pick a number that will make the refining fail. If you see that you have a 50% refining chance, then is half and half, and nothing will change that unless you actually modify the probability using fortune or anvils.

Yes, all MS equips can be still used after breaking. That is their main advantage over game equips. However, the best equips are all game ones that cannot be used unless you repair them.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

08-12-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
Trickster Online

Erm btw does potential effect the refining because sometimes I refine a weapon and it has +6MA I refine a clean version of the weapon (still the same weapon just lower potential) and it has +5 MA am I doing something wrong?

08-12-2012   #17 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Vistrado
Class: fire/elec/dark wiz to_wizard
Level: 261
Guild: Astro Blitz

The potential affects refining to some degree, easy example would be with a powerful.

an 80 ma powerful would refine for less than a 90 ma powerful because of the refine multiplier. For example, the 80 ma powerful would have 240 ma total at level 9 while the 90 ma powerful would have 270 ma at the same level because of the multiplier.

another factor is the type of equip being refined, a powerful won't refine for as much as an altiverse for example.

a refine multiplier table is at the bottom of this page if you want to see what the multiplier is at each level: Refinement - ggFTW Trickster Wiki