ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Questions & Answers

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-07-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Erio is on a distinguished road
Default Character name problems?

I tried to search for this problem but I couldn't find anything.
I hope someone can help me...

I am trying to create a new character but everytime I get a weird message about the name. I tried about 4 different names and I got the following errors:

1: "This name already exists. - (1023)"
2: "Character name contains profanity."
3: "Character name contains profanity."
4: "Unusable character name! - (1019)"

Sure, someone is using the first name, however... What are those other errors? Profanity? Really, I don't get it.
"Unusable character name", so does it mean someone is using this name? Why is this message different?

Is it some kind of weird bug? I am unable to create a new character now. I even tried some different names to test it but I keep getting one of those errors. What should I do, please?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-07-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

zemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nice

Profanity, things like insult, racial slang, certain country prohibited terms. Just so you know 'coon' is profanity as well. Error No 4 just means the character name is reserved by Netreev for NPC name and suchs.

08-07-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

I still don't get this "profanity" error. Any of the names I used had any form of insult. They don't contain the word "coon" anywhere, either.

08-07-2012   #4 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

Well, what are the names? We'd be able to help better. I don't believe it's a bug but their language blocks are actually really stupid, and they block a lot of words that aren't bad, but contain bad words. Take reputation for example. Drop the re and tion... And well, lol. There's others too but I don't know them all.

08-07-2012   #5 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

I think Dictionary has issues if I remember correctly.
As for the profanity issue, you do not want to not be able to type your name due to the languange filter, lol.

08-08-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Ok, that explains a lot. Although most of them are 3-letters-bad-words that could be anywhere in the middle of the most common names...
The "profane" names were "Shizuru" and "Kukuri", I even tried to combine numbers and other letters but I kept receiving this error. I would never expect them to block even non-English bad words.

I also sent a 1:1 about this and I got this answer:
Spoiler!

Maybe someone really is using the name or they just don't want to change the language filter.
Well, whatever, I finally found an "usable" character name.
Thank you all for your help.

08-08-2012   #7 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyago
Ok, that explains a lot. Although most of them are 3-letters-bad-words that could be anywhere in the middle of the most common names...
The "profane" names were "Shizuru" and "Kukuri", I even tried to combine numbers and other letters but I kept receiving this error. I would never expect them to block even non-English bad words.

I also sent a 1:1 about this and I got this answer:
Spoiler!

Maybe someone really is using the name or they just don't want to change the language filter.
Well, whatever, I finally found an "usable" character name.
Thank you all for your help.
"Kuk" is censored

Spoiler!

Shiz is censored, and well.. kinda self explanatory to people >:

Spoiler!

08-08-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

As others have said, there are names you'll never be able to use because they contain the whole or part of a profane word. "Kukuri" is one such example.

You also won't be able to use names that contain "suk" anywhere, so names like Tsuki, Tsukasa, Mitsuko, etc.

In chats, you'll notice that words like "reputation" is censored because it contains "puta" (Spanish/Portuguese profanity), so even profanity in other languages can be censored.

Their chat filter is just pretty extreme.

08-08-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Boba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to all
IGN: HoneyBanii
Class: Duelist
Level: 200+
Guild: Checkmate

"MapleStory" is also filtered
I believe if you use that in the official forums, it'll turn into "I love Trickster!" c:

"Come into my heart dot com. ID, password are 'your love'." <3

Fantasia: HoneyBanii | Yeosin | Sephos | LilT [frozen] | LilSilo [frozen]
Jewelia [inactive]: RainyLove | HoneyBanii

Last edited by Boba; 08-08-2012 at 01:37 PM.

08-08-2012   #10 (permalink)
STARVE THE EGO *
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineMapleStoryAudition
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

Math is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Sowwey
Class: Xe
Level: 1/50
Guild: Noctis

"MapleStory"

??

08-08-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Daeku is just really niceDaeku is just really niceDaeku is just really niceDaeku is just really niceDaeku is just really nice
IGN: Daeku/DejaVuII
Class: Buffalo to_mercenary
Level: 30x/200
Guild: MoonlightC

"kuk" is a swedish word for the male genitalia yes, i find it very funny that they named a 4G set with that word in it.

08-08-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Boba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to all
IGN: HoneyBanii
Class: Duelist
Level: 200+
Guild: Checkmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky
"MapleStory"

??
The term "les" isn't filtered if that's what you're referring to - just tested it in-game.

"Come into my heart dot com. ID, password are 'your love'." <3

Fantasia: HoneyBanii | Yeosin | Sephos | LilT [frozen] | LilSilo [frozen]
Jewelia [inactive]: RainyLove | HoneyBanii

08-08-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky
"MapleStory"

??
"Lesbian" is not a filtered word, if that's what you meant.

08-08-2012   #14 (permalink)
STARVE THE EGO *
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineMapleStoryAudition
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

Math is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Sowwey
Class: Xe
Level: 1/50
Guild: Noctis

Ooh, my bad.
Thought it was a good guess since the filter is ridiculous ;3;'