ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-questions-answers/)
-   -   Character name problems? (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-questions-answers/115750-character-name-problems.html)

Erio 08-07-2012 07:07 AM

Character name problems?

I tried to search for this problem but I couldn't find anything.
I hope someone can help me...

I am trying to create a new character but everytime I get a weird message about the name. I tried about 4 different names and I got the following errors:

1: "This name already exists. - (1023)"
2: "Character name contains profanity."
3: "Character name contains profanity."
4: "Unusable character name! - (1019)"

Sure, someone is using the first name, however... What are those other errors? Profanity? Really, I don't get it.
"Unusable character name", so does it mean someone is using this name? Why is this message different?

Is it some kind of weird bug? I am unable to create a new character now. I even tried some different names to test it but I keep getting one of those errors. What should I do, please?

zemega 08-07-2012 07:17 AM

Profanity, things like insult, racial slang, certain country prohibited terms. Just so you know 'coon' is profanity as well. Error No 4 just means the character name is reserved by Netreev for NPC name and suchs.

Erio 08-07-2012 07:26 AM

I still don't get this "profanity" error. Any of the names I used had any form of insult. They don't contain the word "coon" anywhere, either.

Jessica 08-07-2012 10:21 AM

Well, what are the names? We'd be able to help better. I don't believe it's a bug but their language blocks are actually really stupid, and they block a lot of words that aren't bad, but contain bad words. Take reputation for example. Drop the re and tion... And well, lol. There's others too but I don't know them all.

Nebula 08-07-2012 01:44 PM

I think Dictionary has issues if I remember correctly.
As for the profanity issue, you do not want to not be able to type your name due to the languange filter, lol.

Erio 08-08-2012 08:56 AM

Ok, that explains a lot. Although most of them are 3-letters-bad-words that could be anywhere in the middle of the most common names...
The "profane" names were "Shizuru" and "Kukuri", I even tried to combine numbers and other letters but I kept receiving this error. I would never expect them to block even non-English bad words.

I also sent a 1:1 about this and I got this answer:
Spoiler!

Maybe someone really is using the name or they just don't want to change the language filter.
Well, whatever, I finally found an "usable" character name.
Thank you all for your help.

Vixen 08-08-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyago (Post 1756292)
Ok, that explains a lot. Although most of them are 3-letters-bad-words that could be anywhere in the middle of the most common names...
The "profane" names were "Shizuru" and "Kukuri", I even tried to combine numbers and other letters but I kept receiving this error. I would never expect them to block even non-English bad words.

I also sent a 1:1 about this and I got this answer:
Spoiler!

Maybe someone really is using the name or they just don't want to change the language filter.
Well, whatever, I finally found an "usable" character name.
Thank you all for your help.

"Kuk" is censored

Spoiler!

Shiz is censored, and well.. kinda self explanatory to people >:

Spoiler!

Aria 08-08-2012 12:17 PM

As others have said, there are names you'll never be able to use because they contain the whole or part of a profane word. "Kukuri" is one such example.

You also won't be able to use names that contain "suk" anywhere, so names like Tsuki, Tsukasa, Mitsuko, etc.

In chats, you'll notice that words like "reputation" is censored because it contains "puta" (Spanish/Portuguese profanity), so even profanity in other languages can be censored.

Their chat filter is just pretty extreme.

Boba 08-08-2012 12:34 PM

"MapleStory" is also filtered :py35:
I believe if you use that in the official forums, it'll turn into "I love Trickster!" c:

Math 08-08-2012 12:39 PM

"MapleStory"

??

Daeku 08-08-2012 12:41 PM

"kuk" is a swedish word for the male genitalia yes, i find it very funny that they named a 4G set with that word in it.

Boba 08-08-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducky (Post 1756360)
"MapleStory"

??

The term "les" isn't filtered if that's what you're referring to - just tested it in-game.

Aria 08-08-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducky (Post 1756360)
"MapleStory"

??

"Lesbian" is not a filtered word, if that's what you meant.

Math 08-08-2012 12:45 PM

Ooh, my bad.
Thought it was a good guess since the filter is ridiculous ;3;'