ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Questions & Answers

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-07-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

Xyzor is on a distinguished road
IGN: Xyzor
Class: Dark Lord to_wizard
Guild: Revolution
Default Turning off proxy.

Hi guys, so I just want to know how can I turn off my proxy. Ty in advance

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-07-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

Oh, and btw that's the thing what GM Syn told me to do to resolve my problem about the 7767. Ty in advance for your help.

08-07-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

zemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nice

Well, firstly, from where are you connecting?, your house? your dormitary? or other place? Unless you are in charge of your own connection, you might not have any chance to turn off the proxy. But usually a normal house connection won't be using proxy. It could have been your computer settings, it could have been your network settings. Worse, it could have been you ISP settings.

Second, it could have been virus in your computer, or in your router.

08-07-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

Firstly, thank you for replying. Well, I'm connected in our house using a router. But what do you mean about the ISP setting?

08-07-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

zemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nice

Well, not all ISP are the same, or play fair. It could be that your ISP force your connection to go through proxy server. Some ISP have been known to disrupt Bittorent and online gaming, or other contents.

If you could open your router settings, you check whether it was set to proxy or not. There's setting on you computer as well. Depending on your OS, the setting varies. If its Windows, generally, it should be in connection settings. You should check Internet Explorer settings as well, since it is considered one system with windows. I use Firefox, but some settings are guarded by Internet Explorer. If you use third party to manage your connection, there's that as well. Lastly, there's virus/trojan/worm in your computer. Well, I'm just speaking generally. Most problem are solved by checking these settings an set them to no proxy or default.

Edit: This may not be relevant, but do include Trickster in you Windows Firewall exception. Then includes Trickster in you antivirus exception as well. It might help.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...u-a-proxy.html
An example of someone has set up a house connection with proxy settings.

Last edited by zemega; 08-07-2012 at 06:40 AM.

08-07-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

Wow, well, I use Firefox too and I unchecked the proxy settings even in the internet explorer. Also, I just did a computer scan with sophos and it detected two viruses named troj/spyware-DX and troj/spyware-EI I don't really know what those virus did but i just cleaned them up with sophos. I'll be checking my router settings now. Thank you for replying. You're very informative