ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Questions & Answers

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-24-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster OnlineMapleStoryElsword

egotastical is on a distinguished road
IGN: Rileycakes
Class: Gambler to_gambler
Level: 13x
Guild: None :(
Default Should I or Shouldn't I?

With the fast track event coming up, it's got me wondering about this.

I'm coming back to Trickster on the motivation that this event will finally get me to the level I wanted. (I have been stuck at 73 on my previous main for a loooong time) and I made three lv30 character and have been eagerly awaiting this event. At first, I was like 'OH HECK YES IM DOING THIS EVENT SO HARD' but now I'm having second thoughts.

Honestly, one of the things that appeals to me about Trickster is that it's max level is 400, and it's very hard to get there. It's inviting; the challenge. The hard work. The dedication. It calls to you. But 1-130 is a gruelling amount of levels. With mediocre stats and skills and the questline, while helpful, gets to be boring, lags on you and is very demotivational. I got stuck at Oops after dying trying to get to Mermaid Palace like eight times. x___x So this is where I come to my point-At first glance, this event is amazing. It gets your character to 3rd job, it gives you the option to try out characters you've always wanted but not had the time/not interested enough to grind it out. BUT. When you utilize the event, you're missing out on the bragging rights of getting to 3rd job the hard way, and having that as an accomplishment. This is what is making me ponder it. Should I ignore the event and level up my character the /hard/ way, or should I abuse the event with no regrets? Using the event would also mean a loss of respect of course, but my only way of still wanting to do the event is that there are so many levels after 130 that is it really a big jump when technically those are the easiest levels? I mean if you think about it getting from 200 to 300 is probably way more EXP than 1-130 anway.

tl;dr I want to use the event to get my character to third job because I could never get through the quests and such but I'm having second thoughts because I kind of want to have that experience of levelling a character to 130 the hard way. Thoughts?

[SORRY IF THIS IS THE WRONG PLACE TO POST THIS D:]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-24-2012   #2 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

I don't see why you wouldn't do it. Loss of respect? From people or for yourself? From people, just tell them to smd. It's not really any different from getting plvled. Now you just saved time and money.

However if you can't do the quests now, they only get harder. So really it's up to you. From 1-130 isn't all that hard (a bit tedious if you've done the quests over and over like I have).

Also, there are no bragging rights in any game. Tbh, it just makes you look bad in a sense. "lol i spent so much time in the house getting to 400".

07-24-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

I see your point and such. :x Thanks for the input! ^_^

07-24-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Continent of the NinthTrickster OnlineProject BlackoutLeague of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

Zangetsu222 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Fyuryus
Class: Racoon, Card Master to_cardmaster
Level: 63 and going...
Guild: Soul Calibur

WAIIITTT...
Does the event give u an instant 3rd job? Or do we have to get the harkon and other stufff and do the trials and stuff?

"In the tears of heaven the little bird flies."—Black Rock Shooter
Fyuryus, Lvl 65 Racoon Fantasia

07-24-2012   #5 (permalink)
1st banned
Games

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu222
WAIIITTT...
Does the event give u an instant 3rd job? Or do we have to get the harkon and other stufff and do the trials and stuff?
I think it gives you the item from MS that carries all that 3rd job stuff in it. Unless that's a stone that looks like the one from MS. Not 100%.

07-24-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

Yeah I think it gets you everything you need to job up, you just have to manually do the actual advancement by going to the place, talking to NPC, etc

07-24-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

PKAuroraBeam has a spectacular aura aboutPKAuroraBeam has a spectacular aura aboutPKAuroraBeam has a spectacular aura about
IGN: MewBerry/Touyo/ChieAsh
Class: Champion/Witch/Primadonna to_champion
Level: 252/194/162
Guild: TKI

It's only one character per world per account, so I don't seem the harm in using it to either establish yourself in a world you haven't used or to just test out a new class/build. With the other 2 characters you have per world you have to grind up the hard way as normal, you're just getting one quick jump. In the end it's your choice but I honestly wouldn't think less of a person if they had skipped said levels or think they'd put less effort into it if they end up reaching 400. 1-130 is the easier portion of the game but it can be tedious.

Just to add to that, i'll be using the jump on all my accounts, it'll be nice to get some Fantasia characters to work with and to test out some weird builds. c:

Last edited by PKAuroraBeam; 07-24-2012 at 04:11 PM.

07-24-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

lMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the rough
IGN: lEmmie/lMina(Duelist)
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 22x-20x/24x-2xx
Guild: SilentMoon
Xfire: ??? ._.

I was having the same doubts some while ago! I was just thinking " Should I use it? Won't I regret not doing through the trails with a new chara? " and you know what? I will probably use it (need to know the whole info first though). Seriously, 1~130 it's easy, ok, but it's boring since I already did all those questions in my other chara. And besides my equipments kinda suck and I can't kill monsters that well that I would just die trying to get the 3rd job itens and at the trials, so this is just a nice thing. Sure I wanted to try the trials with a sheep, but whatever

Quote:
Using the event would also mean a loss of respect of course
Loss of respect? I don't quite understand. Like saying this is abusing? That it's a shame? And the ones that use it should be ashamed? Well, I don't think so. I don't even know why this is bringing so much range for some people. It's just an event, some will use it 'cause they don't want to level because they are lazy, others will do it just to try and see what is it, others to not go through the whole quests again and probably many other reasons~

And even if they are the easiest levels, they are probably those where many people quit too, 'cause the fun it's after 3rd (from my experience). So, just go with what you want :3

07-24-2012   #9 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Just do whatever you feel like you should do. Shouldn't matter what people think of you - it's just a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
"lol i spent so much time in the house getting to 400".
Except level 400 can be done in a month without spending countless hours.

Spoiler!

07-24-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Boba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to all
IGN: HoneyBanii
Class: Duelist
Level: 200+
Guild: Checkmate

I would say go for it and utilize the event.

For the more experienced players, getting to 3rd job is a pretty easy feat. However, as you mentioned that you've had trouble getting past the level 70s, so this event is the perfect way to get out of that rut! You don't have to put up with the tedious tasks of drilling for a Bloody Rune or defeating Don. But if you're worry about missing out all that "fun," Episode 3's Earthen Fate Necklace & Golem will make up for that! c:

Furthermore, by jumping to level 130 quickly, you're given quick-access to the more long-lasting equipments! Equips from level 130 & up tend to last for 10~30 levels before you have to replace them, compared to the lower level equips.

So basically, yes, I recommend you taking advantage of this event & suffer after that with the rest of us! 8D

On a side-note: Will I be able to do this event if my character is above level 30? D:

"Come into my heart dot com. ID, password are 'your love'." <3

Fantasia: HoneyBanii | Yeosin | Sephos | LilT [frozen] | LilSilo [frozen]
Jewelia [inactive]: RainyLove | HoneyBanii

07-24-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

lMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
On a side-note: Will I be able to do this event if my character is above level 30? D:
Your chara needs to be 30~129 (or 130, not sure) or between 1~129 if you already have a 3rdJob chara on that account (I think) for you to be able to use the event

07-24-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to behold
IGN: MarkMM616,RussellTovey616
Class: Hybrd/Pure to_mercenary
Level: MarkMM616:340 RussellTovey616:335
Guild: ~CRiSiS^

Worth it for mule accounts, dont think it has been stated that its is 1 per account but Im gonna use it on all my mules and on my drilling account which has a perma sprint on I will make a new character to lv 30 then gain the free lv's and tm lv's then do the rest of the game normaly, free 100 lvs to add to what all quests, pq, mine quests can give for a 4th character!

07-24-2012   #13 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Getting to lv130/120 was never hard. It took me 2 days to get a character from 1-150 using self plvling :P
Go ahead and abuse the event all you like. Like Care said it's a game and you don't gain much from it anyways.

07-24-2012   #14 (permalink)
1st banned
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care
Just do whatever you feel like you should do. Shouldn't matter what people think of you - it's just a game.

Except level 400 can be done in a month without spending countless hours.

Spoiler!
Yes it could be. If you have people willing to; AFK, party, help with quest items, galders, Myshop. If not, welcome to the countless hours part. If you're the average player, then it's going to take more than a month of solid game play to reach it.

07-24-2012   #15 (permalink)
#selfie
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

Don't know if anyone posted it but this is how I THINK the Fast Track event works.

They're going to put an NPC somewhere. (In a town) Probably GM_Sunny yeah? (Not an actual live GM but an NPC)

You talk to her, and I guess you get level 130, TM 120.
I'm pretty sure they don't give you 3rd job items. Its basically like plvl.
Plus we got bonus items I think.

And at your question.
I don't think you should ABUSE it.
I personally will use it to make atleast 2 of my characters 130.
But throughout playing TO,
I've made only 3 third job characters.
It's not that hard, considering I wasn't hax at all.

07-24-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

Considering all your answers, most of you have agreed to do it with a mule. I have decided that I want to main raccoon instead of a sheep, and for it to be in Jewelia (without MyShop stuff etc etc). So I guess I should still utilize it even though I'll be using it on my main character?

If they don't give you the items... Ugh. =.= That will be a task.

(for me, having never gotten past 73 I have no idea what to get)

07-24-2012   #17 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincere
You talk to her, and I guess you get level 130, TM 120.
I'm pretty sure they don't give you 3rd job items. Its basically like plvl.
Plus we got bonus items I think.
/forum/1747144-post10646.html
/forum/1749459-post113.html

07-24-2012   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

I think they DO give the items. Looking at what was posted in the Future Content it looks like they give you the Myshop Stone to change to 3rd Job (which means you don't need to do the trials as far as I know) and they also give you the 2nd Job items if you don't have 2nd job yet.

As for if you should make it on your main or not that's for you to decide. I'm making on my main and also on a mule (if I can). Like many people said, it's just a game, it's just an event, you shouldn't be worried if people will think you are lazy or whatever, just go ahead and use it. You should only be worried on which one to use since it's 1 per world

07-24-2012   #19 (permalink)
#selfie
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

Oh, ty D: Ill try to plus repp you. I saw the second SS not the first one >:

@Mina. Care just posted they do o:

07-24-2012   #20 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Yes it could be. If you have people willing to; AFK, party, help with quest items, galders, Myshop. If not, welcome to the countless hours part. If you're the average player, then it's going to take more than a month of solid game play to reach it.
If you know what you're doing, it won't take too long. The worst levels are like the last thirteen or fourteen since you out-level Fiesta so that's useless for you.
But even still, with the addition of CT it's easier.