ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Questions & Answers

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-19-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

QuantumBunnii is on a distinguished road
IGN: QuantumBunnii/BluddHunter
Default Altiverse Vs. Powerful Arcstick

Hey all,

As the title implies, I've recently been deliberating between whether or not I should buy an Altiverse Staff or a Powerful Arcstick. Of course, the Altiverse Crimson Staff gets better (or, has the potential to get better) base stats, but I'm not sure if it's really worth the trouble of trying to level it up myself (not to mention the trouble of getting 335). Moreover, it'd be *extremely* hard to get an Altiverse Staff with comparably good stats in light of the fact that it can't even be tempered.
I guess in a way I've answered my own question-- but I'd like some clarity:

P. Arc Stick = Great stats, achieved with relative difficulty
Altiverse Crimson Staff = Great(er) stats, achieved with extreme difficulty

So, if I can get my hands on such an Altiverse Staff I should prioritize it, but I shouldn't search too tenaciously.
Sound right, or no? :3

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-19-2012   #2 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

If you're aiming for a Crimson staff, then why put the option for a P.Arc when you can aim for a P.Chrome at lv305? :S (I'm saying that if you do decide to get to 300+, if not, ignore my bias and go for a P.Arc)

I'd say it depends on your level and goals overall. With good tempers, a P.Chrome will put P.Arcs to shame. But if you're really all about haxing out and/or PvP, then investing into a good Crimson set won't be a bad idea.

(Personally, I don't care for PvP and could care less about haxing out, but being lv300+ by the time the mine revamp came, I went for a P.Chrome instead of a P.Arc. The only real trouble you might have with making a P.Chrome is Abyss being... well Abyss. Digging maps will suck. Hunting for old staves will suck. Hunting for certain comp stones will suck too. But if you're patient enough, it will pay off. Oh, and farming CF305s is easy, especially since they can be farmed alongside CF275s.)

Last edited by Sakurah; 05-19-2012 at 08:30 PM.

05-19-2012   #3 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

I suppose the best thing you can do is buy a decent Crimson Staff (say 90+ma) and refine it to a high level. Then when you get a great staff you can simply forge the base to it using a willies stabilizer. As long as you put the refined staff in the primary slot and use a stabilizer, you'll get the primary's level and the high base of the secondary.

Also, easier to get 3s on an altiverse, this means you can comp more LK to it.

Overall my answers are as follows:
If you want to make yourself = get a powerful
Willing to pay a billion galders for a 110+ alti= alti.

Want a bit of LK= go alti.

05-19-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanani
If you're aiming for a Crimson staff, then why put the option for a P.Arc when you can aim for a P.Chrome at lv305? :S (I'm saying that if you do decide to get to 300+, if not, ignore my bias and go for a P.Arc)

I'd say it depends on your level and goals overall. With good tempers, a P.Chrome will put P.Arcs to shame. But if you're really all about haxing out and/or PvP, then investing into a good Crimson set won't be a bad idea.

(Personally, I don't care for PvP and could care less about haxing out, but being lv300+ by the time the mine revamp came, I went for a P.Chrome instead of a P.Arc. The only real trouble you might have with making a P.Chrome is Abyss being... well Abyss. Digging maps will suck. Hunting for old staves will suck. Hunting for certain comp stones will suck too. But if you're patient enough, it will pay off. Oh, and farming CF305s is easy, especially since they can be farmed alongside CF275s.)
Oh wow. I totally overlooked P. Chrome xD Thanks.
Well, just replace P. Arcstick with P. Chrome and the premise still holds. I'd love to "hax out" and invest in an Altiverse Set, but I'd imagine that'd take *extreme* amounts of money, time, and luck (just by the fact that they can't be tempered).
So if I am to be reasonable in my endeavors, P. Chrome is the best option until (if ever) they decide to make Altiverse items temper'able?

05-19-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEl
Overall my answers are as follows:
If you want to make yourself = get a powerful
Willing to pay a billion galders for a 110+ alti= alti.

Want a bit of LK= go alti.
I'm more than willing to spend a billion galders for an Alti. However, I'm mostly concerned with MA and it seems to me that Alti gets approximately the same MA as any other staff (well, as Arc or Chrome), just with the added benefit of LK.
If Arc or Chrome yield any advantage in terms of MA refine over Alti, I'd undoubtedly aim or the former.
If not, 1 billion Galders seems okay

05-19-2012   #6 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

I highly doubt they'll make Altiverse equips temperable, 'cause they're pretty strong enough as is and forging is slightly easier then tempering (tempers are all about luck q___q; with forging, there's a slight chance the 2nd equip will be destroyed, unless you have Willie Stabelizers on hand).

I would say work on a Powerful first if you don't have a good staff already and slowly work on the Altiverse set while gaining levels. As stated, getting a good set will be more expensive, probably long and the chances of good equips showing up from boxes are low. But if you're very very patient and/or rich, I believe it'll be worth it.

EDIT: Oh dang, totally overlooked your question. xP If you want to be reasonable, then yes, go for the P.Chrome. If you're an overachiever, then go for the P.Chrome and then slowly work upon your Altiverse set, as I just said in the second paragraph. lol I need to get off and go eat. x-x

Last edited by Sakurah; 05-19-2012 at 08:49 PM.

05-19-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

Lol thanks a lot Kani c:
You helped a lot. <3

05-20-2012   #8 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

And some mages are going with altiverse incase they change how element skills work. In order to hit high on say.. Scorching earth, you'll need fire attr. Electro needs elec. attr... And so on.

I would go with altiverse, use lk for now, recomp if that update comes to us. Better to have it now than after the update.