ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Questions & Answers

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-02-2011   #1 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Rydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rydia Send a message via MSN to Rydia
IGN: *Rydia*
Class: Cat. I'm a kitty cat. And I meow meow meow and I meow meow meow. to_cat
Level: DEAD
Guild: Révolution
Default Compromise of Acct Bans

Well since everyone is getting banned now I thought it'd be a good time to ask a question about my ban that happened about a month ago.

Basically I want someone who will admit they shared accounts in the past and got banned for it with the reason "Compromise of Acct". I'd like to see the email and compare it to mine. I get the feeling my case isn't for sharing, it's that they think I am a scammer. This isn't the standard sharing reply, or is it?

Quote:
Account ID “Rydia” has been deemed high risk but SG Interactive representative, due to the act of purposefully and willingly attempting to obtain account information of other accounts. Through IP records, we have been able to ascertain the account “Rydia” has accessed accounts other than those of which they are not the registered user, and removed items from another player’s account.
Quote:
You agree that you may not access or use the Services to:

Attempt to harvest (in an automated manner or otherwise) or collect any information about others, including e-mail addresses, or use such information to send unsolicited emails, nor attempt to get a password, other Account information, or other private information from a user of any of the Services

Accessing accounts of which you are not the registered user is a gross violation of our Terms of Use and will not be tolerated at any time.
It's all that "password harvesting" that worries me.

If you don't want to post you can pm me. Thanks.

UPDATE 2

Well I got unbanned. :)

Quote:
Thank you for your appeal. When an account contacts us to report stolen items, all accounts involved are restricted to both prevent further damages and to investigate the issue at hand. At this time, we can ascertain you had no way of knowing the items you were purchasing in game may or may not have been stolen goods, and as such we have determined you are not violating the Terms of Use. Both account IDs xxxx and xxxx have been released in light of this, and the investigation has been closed. Thank you for your patience while we reviewed the issue at hand. ~Syn
ty all for your kind words! And I hope all your issues will be resolved too. ):

Last edited by Rydia; 11-19-2011 at 03:55 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-02-2011   #2 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award

AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots

They're basically saying you have taken items from other players without there permission, yes like a scammer. I got something similar to that on my sheep lately, cause Jeffy got reported by his ex about the axe she gave him and was demanding it back, and he lent me it for 4 minutes or so to try it out in first job on my cat.
This may be your same reason, banned for using an item that was someone else's and known to have been "stolen". Maybe seen in trades and they assumed also that you were an accomplice in taking that item as well, which is unfair for you and I because they don't know for sure they just check trades and such and then make there conclusion . - oh and this was my email and what she said for me about the item

Any player found to be involved in compromising the security of any account may have any and all related accounts closed. This may include accounts found to have knowingly received items/money transferred from a compromised account. We will conduct a review of both the compromised account and the account(s) that received the items/money and action the account(s) based only on the information gathered through our investigation.

Last edited by AnaSyami; 11-02-2011 at 09:25 AM.

11-02-2011   #3 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

You? Ask for other peoples account information? And go and steal their items? That's a little... wow. I know, I'm sure a lot of people know, you're not the type to do that. =x I was actually really surprised when you said something about it on another thread. Sorry it happened, and hopefully it will get resolved soon.

But the second spoiler about the harvesting passwords, seems like it would be in every email that's for account sharing.

11-02-2011   #4 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Tama Ashenstone
Class: SMN, SCH

What worries me is that players I consider "truly good", for lack of a better term, like Settie and Rydia, are getting banned D:

I can't ever see Rydia doing something like this and I think I know Settie well enough that she'd never do anything like abuse/hack/scam or whatever, either. If anything, you both are polar opposites.

I hope you all get this resolved >:

And I just wanted to clarify I don't know anyone else well enough to include them, not that I think you guys suck and/or are bad Q_Q I just don't know the other parties involved well enough to know if the bans could be legit.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

11-02-2011   #5 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Rydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami

cause Jeffy got reported by his ex about the axe she gave him and was demanding it back, and he lent me it for 4 minutes or so to try it out in first job on my cat.
This may be your same reason, banned for using an item that was someone else's and known to have been "stolen". Maybe seen in trades and they assumed also that you were an accomplice in taking that item as well, which is unfair for you and I because they don't know for sure they just check trades and such and then make there conclusion . -
So wow this just made me feel worse. Its funny you say this because I did have a dispute with a user about an item I purchased. YES. PURCHASED. They PMed me a couple days later with sellers remorse demanding it back calling me a scammer telling me they were going to report me. I was afk btw so I didn't even get to reply to them so it's nothing I said that was incriminating me. They took that guys word and just banned me? I even explained this in the first email I sent them that he was accusing me of this. I really didn't want to think that was what happened. It's that simple? Trade someone an item and they say they stole it to get them banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settie
You? Ask for other peoples account information? And go and steal their items? That's a little... wow. I know, I'm sure a lot of people know, you're not the type to do that. =x I was actually really surprised when you said something about it on another thread. Sorry it happened, and hopefully it will get resolved soon.

But the second spoiler about the harvesting passwords, seems like it would be in every email that's for account sharing.
Recent bannings make me feel more pessimistic. :/

And thanks Jitara.

11-02-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydia
Trade someone an item and they say they stole it to get them banned?
If that were the case, I'd have reported Mayzie for scamming me months ago. I didn't think they would take action against people who scam items, do they? If a player willingly trades an item that belongs to him/her to another player, whatever happens to the item is that player's sole responsibility. Reporting the incident surely can't get the accused in trouble or else scam victims would have a field day taking revenge. At least that's the impression I've always had about SGI.

11-02-2011   #7 (permalink)
Playing Finalfantasy XIV
Games
Trickster OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Facebook Fan

kite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to kite384
IGN: ShugoKunisaki/kitekite
Class: Edgar/Tude to_buffalo
Level: 43/32
Guild: [[MoonlightC]]

Rydia got banned??!!

11-02-2011   #8 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
If that were the case, I'd have reported Mayzie for scamming me months ago. I didn't think they would take action against people who scam items, do they? If a player willingly trades an item that belongs to him/her to another player, whatever happens to the item is that player's sole responsibility. Reporting the incident surely can't get the accused in trouble or else scam victims would have a field day taking revenge. At least that's the impression I've always had about SGI.
Well maybe they changed their policy idk. It's not a coincidence that both my accounts, he said he was reporting them both, were banned the same day. They banned me because of his report I have no doubt.

But I suppose whether or not it was for ANOTHER reason they went digging for I don't know. Why would they go digging for a reason to ban someone if the initial report wasn't valid? I don't know. That's why I wanted to compare emails. To see if this was the standard for sharing or something else.

@Kite - yep. ]:

11-02-2011   #9 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

I'll let you know if it is when I get my email. Hopefully it'll be soon.

11-02-2011   #10 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settie
I'll let you know if it is when I get my email. Hopefully it'll be soon.
Thanks. It took me almost 3 weeks to get a first reply though and I'm about to hit 3 weeks again on getting a reply to my second email. :/

11-02-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

While we wait on Settie's email, here's mine I got a year ago. I had 7767, a password error and a perma ban after that. Their standard account sharing emails should read like this and don't mention anything about items being "removed" from other accounts.

Quote:
It has been brought to our attention that the ...account may have been Traded, Sold, Shared with another user, or has been accessed by multiple users, or (traded/sold) accounts of which you are not the registered user have been accessed from your location. The account in question is under investigation due to being linked to other accounts that have violated the Terms of Use Agreement.

Accessing accounts of which you are not the registered user, or allowing access by someone else on your own account (for ANY reason) will not be tolerated at any time. This includes Trading accounts or Sharing Accounts for any reason…. Regardless of whom the account is being shared with. Anytime a user ID and password is freely given out it qualifies as “trading or sharing” accounts. If you are receiving the 7767 error and wish to change your password while the investigation is taking place, you may do so by visiting our website at http://www.ntreev.net, selecting “Log In” and choosing the “Did you forget your Password?” link provided below the log in fields. Once the requested information is provided correctly, a temporary password will be generated and emailed to you.

When an account is reported, or its security appears to have been compromised, the Ntreev USA Account Administration Staff will disable access to the account while we conduct an investigation. [Once we are confident that any and all communiqué is being addressed for and by the registered user of any Ntreev USA account (and only the registered user), we will proceed with the investigation process.]

For some players, the 7767 error may be generated due to the use of public computers and IP addresses which are afflicted with the 7767 error. At times in this circumstance, accounts cannot be resolved of the 7767 error due to the sheer volume of associated and troubled accounts. For some players using public LAN houses and other means of public access we will absolve the 7767 error as a one-time courtesy. Should the 7767 error occur for those players a second time, we will be unable to resolve the error again.

11-02-2011   #12 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Awards Pervert Award

It could even be as complicated as that person who wanted the item back had taken it from another account, and then YOU were put as an accomplice for trading it to your account even if you paid for it . Yeah complicated indeed..
You could have done nothing at all, and not known anything about the item you received and still get banned as part of what the other person who gave you the item has done.

Last edited by AnaSyami; 11-02-2011 at 10:25 AM.

11-02-2011   #13 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalPangyaS4 League

YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: YenSai/BeautyDisaster
Class: Foxeh/Cat to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x/TM 38x
Guild: {7N}

Sorry to hear about your ban Rydia..It does seem to me that they're not getting at you sharing as much as you stealing something..
I'm really tired of the way they run things on Trickster, it's beginning to get ridiculous at reasons people are getting banned.

I hope to see you back in game very soon

11-02-2011   #14 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

I find it jacked up that with all this banning mess that even good people such as Rydia and Settie got mixed up in this too. And (mainly?) in Jewelia. Some people, wow.

... Then again, that 'community watch program' came to mind. Maybe, just maybe...? If that's the case, then yeaaaaah.

I wish you luck, Rydia. I miss reading your Trickster blog. :<

11-02-2011   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Account ID “Rydia” has been deemed high risk but SG Interactive representative, due to the act of purposefully and willingly attempting to obtain account information of other accounts.
How on earth did they prove any intent before conducting an investigation? This is a very warped justice - they are presuming guilt before it has been proven either way.

11-02-2011   #16 (permalink)
Playing Finalfantasy XIV
Games
Trickster OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Facebook Fan

kite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to kite384
IGN: ShugoKunisaki/kitekite
Class: Edgar/Tude to_buffalo
Level: 43/32
Guild: [[MoonlightC]]

omg no wonder i havent seen you around like forever D: sad =(

11-02-2011   #17 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Yah alot of assumptions with no real proof, how exactly do they know the items were stolen and You were part of it? How do they know you were trying to attempt to get other people's accounts?..

11-02-2011   #18 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

And if they get it from 'word of mouth' so easily, then yeah, it's really screwed up. :| Or even worse, from the accuser.

11-02-2011   #19 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

So basically if a friend quits, and gives you their account.
4 years later, you decide to fuse one of their old items to wear it on one of your characters.
Boom banned.
Holy crap.

Why is SGI so anal about that.
Most companies (rightfully) turn a blind eye to it, and just say it's your account don't share because we won't help you get any lost items back.

Last edited by Moonflow; 11-02-2011 at 10:43 AM.

11-02-2011   #20 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Yep, if they demand it back , and anyone else who may have been traded the item even for like 4 minutes also will get banned?