ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Hunting Grounds

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-18-2008   #1 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default MOG Olympic Games?

I was thinking of running a week-long ingame Trickster Olympics event. This requires a lot of planning, so I'm getting the word out in advance. I need volunteers for this event as well as competitors, so if you have anything to add, please do it here.

When is it?: Around 1 month away.

Teams & Registration: Due to the number of events and anticipated level of participation, all teams must be registered before the event begins. Teams may consist of 3 people, with up to 3 substitutes in the event a team member cannot show up. For simplicity's sake, each registered team should also have a team hat that all team members should wear during the events. This makes spotting winners a lot easier. Hat choices are first come first serve. Teams may consist of friends or guild members, but team members (substitutes or otherwise) cannot be in two teams at once. Teams are free to come up with their own names and banners.

Opening /Closing Ceremonies: Unless someone has video capture, we can probably skip the flame being passed from one player to another all across Caballa Island. The Opening Ceremonies will likely happen at the Event Garden, where teams will be announced, walk down the aisle in their uniforms, and then converge by Don Giovanni's area. We are hoping for the largest simultaneous fairy's fireworks display the game has ever seen.

Events: As a guideline, all proposed events should be accessible to players level 60 and up. Here's a list of the kinds of events I expect to make it into the competition. You are free to add any you think would be fun, balanced, and easy to judge. This means Interpretative Dance, or any event where judges give subjective scoring is 100% out of the question. Depending on the number of teams, there may also be several heats for the same event throughout the day. This will allow players from different time zones to compete without the use of alternates.

Double Gauntlet: Inside a camp, there will be two chairs side by side and one wall dividing them. Both players must navigate the long corridor and take the other person's chair before the other.

Domination: Clone the most stuff in a room. Bonus points for thrones.

Mycamp O/X: Three people per team. One gold medal awarded per survivor. Five questions.

Head Notice relay: Team must connect head notices saying Trickster Online across a field, all of them must connect end to end. The one in the back must run in the front and keep the head notice connected. Text style will switch from lowercap to ALLCAP at certain intervals to prevent copy+paste abuse. Teams are disqualified if the word chain breaks.

LootPut: Two players standing far apart from each other will randomly drop loot. The participants will attempt to loot as much as possible while running between the two players.

Endurance Drilling: Competitors are given a 2 durability mystery drill. They must continuously drill in one spot as long as possible without wearing out the drill. The medals are given out according to who lasts the longest. Anyone who digs something up or burns the drill in any way is disqualified.

Scoring and Prizes: Medal counts are as follows for every event:

Gold: 3 points, 100,000 galder rewarded per event
Silver: 2 points, 75,000 galder rewarded per event
Bronze: 1 point, 50,000 galder rewarded per event

The scoreboard will be updated daily, to show which teams are in the lead or trailing. At the end of the event, grand prizes will be awarded to all three top finishing teams. The prize remains the same regardless of how many people in a team participate, so if there is a 3 person + 1 alternate team and a 3 person + 3 alternate team, the prize stays the same and it's up to the team to divide it. Bonus prizes will also be given to the non-winning teams with the most gold, silver, and bronze medals. A special Sausage prize will be given to the team that manages compete in every event and score the lowest.

As for the prizes themselves? They will get more glamorous depending on how many teams sign up. I have hundreds of millions of galders in prizes possibly earmarked for this event, but donations are also welcome.

Cross-forum spammage ftw?

Last edited by VorpalBunny; 08-07-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-18-2008   #2 (permalink)
C'est La Vie

Mysteria will become famous soon enoughMysteria will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mysteria
IGN: Eyelash
Level: 143

This is gonna be cool?

06-18-2008   #3 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

It sounds great Luckie

07-15-2008   #4 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

Ohay I wanna play D;

07-15-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

DUHgoBackToBasics is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Pye
Level: 54 lass: 55 ronan: 46 lire: 44ryan: 38arme
Guild: none

sweet so it shoud be around august =] i can play trickster then

The future is always a surprise guess we just have to wait til the end comes until then one life, one chance, live life to its finest extent.

Thank You cherrypandah for the gundam signature

07-15-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

ZackHiro is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Check meh sig.
Class: check meh sig
Level: Check meh. Sig
Guild: um update later bad memory

ehh 100k and its all mycamp dont sound fun but I'll spread the word I thought it was guna be like Pvp
related...

07-21-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

[kex1] is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to [kex1] Send a message via Yahoo to [kex1]

Okay lets go a month has passed now....

07-23-2008   #8 (permalink)
私は 忍者先生です. 俺は いんお かげさま.
Special

InnoSensei will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to InnoSensei Send a message via Yahoo to InnoSensei
IGN: InnoSensei
Class: たぬき
Level: 四百/四百五十五
Guild: {Royalty}

this sounds like a good idea, only thing that may have a problem is the endurance drilling. Some people could just afk and the winner would b the one who doesn't d/c? or if every1 just afks until maint shuts down the servers.

Siggy made by yuyu.

07-23-2008   #9 (permalink)
yup

TheCosmicLion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to TheCosmicLion Send a message via Yahoo to TheCosmicLion

i wanna join too x.x
sounds cool :3
<333333
i need a team ~__~

07-30-2008   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

airprds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to airprds

Are the teams gonna be organized through REAL Nationality/guild/party or just random friends grouping together?

08-07-2008   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Freyalise is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Freyalise Send a message via MSN to Freyalise
Class: :V to_fox

Freya wants to play :O

Inno: They'd probably disqualify someone who wasn't actually drilling.
And know the place for the first time.

BLOG WILL BE UPDATED SOMETIME. MAYBE.

08-07-2008   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Spicyhunter will become famous soon enough
IGN: Spicyhunter
Class: Lion to_lion
Level: 326
Guild: Révenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnoSensei
this sounds like a good idea, only thing that may have a problem is the endurance drilling. Some people could just afk and the winner would b the one who doesn't d/c? or if every1 just afks until maint shuts down the servers.
Then it should be in an area with aggresive monsters but ur stilll right sense types could use invisble drill

08-08-2008   #13 (permalink)
♥本鄉奏多♥

Lintu is on a distinguished road

And this is a Jewelia only i guess? D:

08-08-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Lemoninity is on a distinguished road
IGN: iS2kev
Class: Lion
Level: Vend Mode
Guild: The Best One

Throw in some Level limit (like 40-50 reg) low level GvGs and i think a lot of ppl will play. But then again, that requires like 2 days+ of leveling without party multiplier (lolx beginner party) which is way too much effort to expect a good turnout, sadly enough =/

Inspired by those ppl who made level 10s for gvg. lolx i had fun just watching probly have much more fun playing =p

Ty Web Rider (weissritter) for providing a copy of the Chibi Clan Sig.
What a Cool~+_+ Pot Shop
This is a secret message. If you are reading this, PM me to claim your prize.

08-16-2008   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

LiquidAlucard is on a distinguished road

What's the current news with this o: Has it already taken place or is it still in the planning stages?
I think it'd be fun to see even without participating.