ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Hunting Grounds

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-23-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Nostalgic is on a distinguished road
Default Back to TO

Hey all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes. I've got a lot of free time at the moment and I'm thinking about getting back on Trickster (I first started when it was on beta so it'll be a nostalgic experience). I haven't played for a long while, I stopped probably a few months after Fantasia opened, and I'm a bit worried about what the game will be like...

I see that a lot of people are still viewing the Trickster forum (way more viewers than the other games on here) so that's a good sign. But I remember when I signed on about 6 months back, the game was pretty dead (maybe I just didn't know the right training spots). I just read a quite recent guide and it mentioned that questing is a big part of the game in terms of levelling up. I've always found it quite boring tbh and I used to buy a lot of the quest items (which isn't really a sustainable practice as I'm not rich in-game).

Are there still a lot of players in the game? Are quests the only real method of levelling up? (I think my main is a level 90 - 110 wind Sheep but I can't really remember exactly, pretty pathetic for someone who used to spend so much time on this game lol).

The Fast-Track event sounds like a pretty good way of me getting back into this game. It's a shame there's so many things to keep track of (like guardians).

Living in the UK sucks for MMORPGs lol. Luckily it's the holidays atm so the time difference won't be too bad.

Thanks in advance!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-23-2012   #2 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Quote:
Hey all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes. I've got a lot of free time at the moment and I'm thinking about getting back on Trickster (I first started when it was on beta so it'll be a nostalgic experience). I haven't played for a long while, I stopped probably a few months after Fantasia opened, and I'm a bit worried about what the game will be like...
Welcome back to the game! A LOT of features had been updated or added into the Trickster experience! (As far I know off ever since my nostalgic experience back in LATE 2007!)
Quote:
I see that a lot of people are still viewing the Trickster forum (way more viewers than the other games on here) so that's a good sign. But I remember when I signed on about 6 months back, the game was pretty dead (maybe I just didn't know the right training spots). I just read a quite recent guide and it mentioned that questing is a big part of the game in terms of levelling up. I've always found it quite boring tbh and I used to buy a lot of the quest items (which isn't really a sustainable practice as I'm not rich in-game).
True on that. Grinding is not as popular anymore due that veterans make new characters and basically paid someone to "Party-Level" their characters.

Quests from Coral to Desert Beach should get you to Level 30 in like a hour and a half. Those are not even hard or put in heavy play-time effort like the old days! Also, coming from the Fast-Track experience, the quests are not even that hard! (If you are a stragedic leveler without doing any item quests, you can take advantage at the Monster Quests! They are less in numbers, so it's "newbie" friendly!

Plus, even though the later quests can be tedious, I enjoy every NPC's back-story that could have sum up in a 4-koma. ^^;

Quote:
Are there still a lot of players in the game? Are quests the only real method of levelling up? (I think my main is a level 90 - 110 wind Sheep but I can't really remember exactly, pretty pathetic for someone who used to spend so much time on this game lol).
There are plenty. A half-portion are ggFTWers. However, do take note of the prices. Fuses, Altiverses, Uniques, Giftboxes/Lvl. Up Boxes, and "SC 1" and "16" are the luxury Galder mines... And try not to worry about it.

Quote:
The Fast-Track event sounds like a pretty good way of me getting back into this game. It's a shame there's so many things to keep track of (like guardians).
That's true. When you do the Fast-Track event, it gave you some materials, but the pretty equips.. Do not please me. It's still usable and should be able to survive well. But if going hard-core like bossing... Those gears won't help much on the half-scale.. ^^; Fortunately, I got my sister back into Trickster and hand her my good hand-me-downs (all "Ultimate" equips from boss drops, which I either bought them from venders or had my guild buddies aid me on my only-Fantasia character (I'm a Jewelia veteran)).
Quote:
Living in the UK sucks for MMORPGs lol. Luckily it's the holidays atm so the time difference won't be too bad.

Thanks in advance!
I see~ There should be some UK players in-game as far I know off. ^^; I hope you will have fun on Trickster again! Keep on watch for card quests for the TM as well!