ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Trickster Online General Guides

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-20-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineRappelzRakion: Chaos ForceRising Force Online

Pandaccoon will become famous soon enoughPandaccoon will become famous soon enough
IGN: Gedachtnis
Default [beautynbeast] Class Choosing Guide

Choosing a class

This is my first guide.Despite a lack of experience,i have done research on this topic,so do be assured that there will be minimum errors in this guide.If any inaccuracy do occur,i sincerely apologize and will swiftly remove it.As the 3rd jobs have just recently arrived,i could not obtain enough information so i can only give you help on your class up to 2nd job.

Content
1.General overview
2.The classes
A.Power type
A1.Buffalo
A2.Bunny
A3.conclusion
B.Magic type
B1.Dragon
B1a.Light Dragon
B1b.Dark Dragon
B2.Sheep
B3.conclusion
C.Sense type
C1.Lion
C2.fox
C3.conclusion
D.Charm type
D1.Raccoon
D2.Cat
D3.conclusion
3.Last words

1.General overview
Tricksters belong to 1 of the 8 classes.Though you can't change your class,through 3rd job advancement,you are able to have access to the other class of the same type 2nd job skills if you do wish to follow the route of a hybrid.Also,do note that you can't change your type.When you choose a character,regardless of who you choose,it will always have a 4 in growth build for that type stats.A buffalo or bunny would have 40% stats distribution in power stats-Physical attack power,physical attacks accuracy and physical attack speed rate,and so on.This would mean that while you do have 10 points to place for your growth build,7 of them are already fixed.You have to allocate a minimum of 1 for any of the stats and as i said above,you would have a 4 in that type stats.Hence you would only have 3 free points.While in this guide,i do not touch on character builds,how to spend your 3 free points but i would like to stress again that when you choose a character,70% of the stats distribution is fixed,you can only change 30% of it.All the more it is important to choose a suitable character!

2.The classes

A.Power type

A1.Buffalo
A buffalo belongs to the power type.Like the bunny,they specialize in physical combat.However,a buffalo focus on multiple enemies while a bunny focus on a 1 to 1 combat.Through 2nd job advancement,a fighter(buffalo) would advance to warrior.From there,it opened up the door for more aoe skills.It would need to rely on water attribute for Tidal Slash.Other than that skill,the other skills would require normal attack power as a multiplier.Do not worry much if you do have a lack of water attribute,Piercing Wave/Lacerator/Blazing strike with aura of haste can fill in the boots of aoe attacks too.Of course,a buffalo do have some 1-1 combat skills and will not hesitate to use.A fighter could learn shockwave and would follow up with a warrior faint for an opportunity to stun the enemy or a simple burning rave will do the trick.Since a buffalo requires a lot of ap,skills like berserk(not recommend,uncontrollable) or pumping heart can also be considered.Bulleye is also needed if you do not want to miss a lot.

A2.Bunny
A schoolgirl(bunny) would advance to boxer where it will have more 1-1 combat skills.Even though it would have guard break,similar to a buffalo faint,enabling shockwave to stun,it is not needed.A bunny can do ohko damage and is one of the highest damage class if you do use it well.Burning rave,upper cut(counter punch),quad punch is the bread and butter of a bunny.Since a bunny does not have much aoe skills,then a bunny would need to have dash(hyper beat) to compensate for it.Eagle eye are also available for those who need more accuracy in addition to bull's eye.Like the buffalo,pumping heart is worth considering for those extra ap.

A3.Conclusion
A fairly easy to control class.Whether you are buffalo or bunny,you should not have much problems with the skills.Since,they both are close range experts,they need to have a good reserve of health,that would leave them as bad drillers and cannot carrry much potions around,since there will be less points or no points left(depending on your build)for sense-type stats.A lack of points in magic-type stats would mean they need to watch their mp,and need to be on alert against magic users as they would have low magic defense.When the basic skills are settled down,they can be powerful anti-class,with skills like sense breaker(fox),luck breaker(sheep and dragon) and armor breaker(which applies to all classes)

B.Magic type

B1.Dragon
A dragon belongs to the magic type.Like the sheep,they specialize in magic spells.However,a sheep focus on multiple enemies while a dragon is more diverse,depending on whether you choose light/dark path,you could either support(light) or damage(dark).A shaman(dragon) would advance to magician where it can choose to go the dark offensive path or the light defensive path.A dragon could choose one of the two primary spells,mana arrow or mana ring.The difference between these 2 spells can be found in great details on this site,so i will not go in on great depths here.Basically,a mana ring though is more powerful of the two for short term,but in the long term,mana ring multiplier of ma will be smaller than mana arrow.

B1a.Light Dragon
If you are planning to use mana ring,it would be advised to go on the path of light for arrow of light can replace it,so there will not be a lack of firepower for one target.While i did say earlier that the light path is defensive,do be reminded that it is not weak.Compared to the dark magician,it do have less strength but it is able to make up for the handicap with the following spells,light shield which increase both defense power and magic defense along with increased light resistance,with a smooth fast aoe spells in light wave and radiant strike and catastrophe heal(heal yourself faster),basic healing(Cures all abnormal status) to top it all up.The combination of mana shield and light shield in particular make it harder for magic type to penetrate.

B2b.Dark Dragon
If you are planning to use mana arrow,it would be advised to go on the path of dark.A dark dragon has more firepower.With hellfire and wicked flame,it sweetens the pots making it one of the best Dot spell in the game.Dark lance,a faster but slightly weaker version of mana arrow(with booster) combines with mana arrow(booster) makes quite work of most of the monsters.Since the dark dragon is built for offense,then it would not be an surprise if its barrier can also reflect damage and throw it back to the castor.Dark barrier can reflect 50% of incoming physical attacks,greatly enhance your survival rates and would make the power type/cat think twice.However,for all the peaks there is,they are weak against multiple enemies.They only have a reliable aoe spell in gravity crash.Gravity Crash though can take up 5 enemies at maximum but long casting time(3 seconds)with a long cool down time(15 seconds) and astonishing high level of mp consumption(2000),coupled with the fact that dark dragon usually does not have a large reserve of health,unlike the bunny,they don't have dash makes them slow and fragile but powerful mages.

B2.Sheep
A librarian(sheep) would advance to bard,where it it can control 2 elements,usually one for 1-target spells,the other for mob spells.They are the more balance of the mages.A sheep has the flexibility of choosing mana ring or mana arrow,depending on the preference of the user,it will lead to different paths of a bard.Sheep can control 2 of the 5 elements,water and electricity/electricity and fire/fire and earth/earth and wind/wind and water.Choosing an element will not be included in this guide,like i mention before,this will help you to choose a character but not specific character builds.The general guideline would be the more powerful the element,the worst accuracy it is.So fire being the most powerful element will have the least accuracy while earth being the least powerful element will have the highest accuracy.Fire,water are 1-target while electricity,wind,earth are aoe spells.To know more about them,what is their range and so on,you can always refer to http://www.mytrickster.net/forum/mag...ent-guide.html.
A sheep in addition to having 2 elemental shields,also have bolster ballad,which will decrease the stress on mp consumption.

B3.Conclusion
Both are 2 difficult to control classes.As there will be a conflict between luck,mainly needed for spells accuracy and to block(sense type stats) and health points(charm type stats)Those who wished to play support are encouraged to go for light magician,quite a decent mage.For those who want to play the classical mage,the dark magician is for you,slow cast time but ohko damage like the bunny.For those who would like to play balance,can opt for sheep,pretty strong skills for both mob and 1-target.The backbone of these mages is that they all should have invincible casting(preventing disruption while casting),mist of mana to raise magical attacks(bottle of mana level 1) and cure.They can also be strong anti-physical classes with rust which decrease ap which use ma as a multiplier the stat all mages have a lot.They do have less defense and health points,evasion rate but can carry more pots,better driller.

C.Sense type

C1.Lion
A lion belongs to the sense-type.Like a fox,they specialize in range combat.However,a typical lion uses a gun(no shield) while a fox uses throwing weapons.A engineer(lion) would advance to inventor.From there,it would have greater access to gun skills.Double shot,shooting spree,power shot with the first job skills of gun carrier,invincible reload,gun booster,quick reload to back it up,makes them a fast and furious class.However,despite the quickness,most if not all gunner lions would place some points at charm type to increase their health points.As gun skills relies on ac,a power type stat and since some of that points are taken away to charm type stats,this would mean that they sacrifice some attack power.This makes them a sweeper class,do not have impressive damages but very fast.They also have to buy bullets(ammunition) in addition to the health and mana potions.

C2.Fox
An archaeologist(fox) would advance to explorer where it would further improve their throwing skills and made them a better driller.Unlike the gunner lion,a fox multiplier is of sense type stats.For those who prefer to have more space to carry items,you would be glad to know that there is a pouch of pain that is dependent on the amount you carry and is aoe.A fox also have a very powerful spell in landmine,which multplies the damage based on da and lk,the other 2 sense types stats.Along with aura of luck(raises luck) and sixth sense(which raises da),lucky 7(raises luck) it is more than capable to do ohko damage.It is a good secondary skill(for its 10 seconds cooldown time) but don't be fret,there is shuriken master and precise pitch as your main primary weapon.A fox requires throwing weapons(ammunition)which may be difficult to find good one at higher levels.(Monsters drop,shops don't sell them yet.)

C3.Conclusion
Fox and lion are the behind the scene classes,though for now it is not very obvious but with their compound mastery(improves compounding) and drilling mastery(invincible drilling,basic detection,item detection(fox),it is going to be a matter of time before the system is fixed and they can enjoy their true power.They do not have good aoe spells(fox,poach of pain,which depends on how much weight you have and lion,shooting spree,cannot choose target)but their single target is impressive.Like the power type,they have poor magic defense.They can be powerful all rounders anti-classes.(fox,sticky icky to lower luck,defense power,evasion rate.Sticky foot,reduces evasion rate based on sense type stat,da and armor destructor,lower defense)These classes are more suitable for advanced players.

D.Charm Type

D1.Raccoon
A raccoon belongs to the charm type.Like the cats,they are your tankers.However,a cat specialize on melee combats while a raccoon focus on range combats. In their 2nd job,they born can transform,depending on whether you are a cat of raccoon,will decrease and rise some stats.A teacher(raccoon) will advance to card master to learn the ranged skills.One pair(2 cards)and card strike(1 card) are the two cards skills,so do remember to buy empty cards for usage.Impelling rage is a aoe spell that pushes the enemies back,up to 5,useful for escaping tight situation.

D2.Cat
A model(cat) will advance to entertainer.To begin with,power blow will be the staple up till advancement where volley kick will replace it.A stronger version of galder throw,galder barrage is useful in meeting resistance monster for fixed damage.An aoe spell is available in siren song,though it will take some time to be used to the range.

D3.Conclusion
In my view,this is the easiest class to play.The skills are straight forward.There is dodge master to further increase the evasion rate,galder throw for fixed damage,mana reflector to reflect 80% of magical damage,shield all and sturdy shield to raise the defense(additional defense power for cat in team bolster),skunk punch,though it does missed often but is able to stun for a frightening 12seconds at mastery.To make it even sweeter,physical training that will increase the health points.Though they are strong against all classes,they can prove more tricky with magic types,magic meltdown.As to which of the two classes i would choose as someone totally new to the game,i would choose raccoon ahead of cat.Cats are living in raccoons' shadows at the moment for there are more skills/ways to counter against physical attacks,so i gave the nob to raccoon is simply because i feel he is a more complete character.

3.Last Words
Though this is a guide and is supposed to help,exceptions only proved otherwise.I will admit that i am still learning.Though i am pretty sure the above information is accurate and sufficient,i do acknowledge the fact that i have not mastered all 8 classes.If so,do correct me through pm or post below.For those who enjoy this guide,i am glad that you have the patience to read through,i really appreciated it.I hoped that this guide will help you in choosing your class,despite the information in here,knowledge is nothing without action.So quit reading this and use this power now,go and play trickster now!

Please note that this belongs to beautynbeast from MT

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.