ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Trickster Online General Guides

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
04-16-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
killing threda since 2007

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: fLick3r/MrsT/Cod
Class: Bow/Saw/Cannon to_archaeologist
Level: 111/58/58
Guild: Moogles
Default badna0's Guide to Training Spots!!!

So since there's so many questions about places to change, and since Trickster's traditional training grounds are currently in a state of upheaval, I figured I'd try and compile all of them into one compact thread. I'll do my best to keep this updated.

W h y Train?
This may not be an obvious question to the old-time (grind heavy) tricksters, but its a valid one. Since a character can level primarily through quests, why even bother grinding?
  1. Grinding is slightly better for your TM level than doing keyquests.
  2. Grinding helps you level when you're out of quests.
  3. Grinding makes you money from mob drops, galders, etc.
  4. Grinding levels you faster than questing, provided you pick an optimal training spot/have a party/have adequate equipment.
  5. Grinding can be done in conjunction with questing - while training, pick up those annoying quest items!
C r i t e r i a for a good grind
  1. Good Spawn density. You don't want to run miles in order to get a kill, because that cuts into your experience. On the other hand, unless you're AoEing, you don't want the monsters to be too crammed, because you will take more damage = more pots used = more repots = more time not training.
  2. Close to repot. Most important for characters with a 1-2 in sense. If you run out of pots, it's a hassle to run 3-4 maps just to refill on elixirs. It's even more of a hassle when you have 3000 total weight and you have to do this every 5 mins.
  3. Weak monsters. a) Ideally all monsters on the map are weak to your damage type, which lets you train on the map at lower levels. b) You don't want monsters that do a whole lot of damage, banish, etc. b/c these things increase repot frequency/transportation.
  4. Size. In order to accommodate a 2.5 party, a map must be big enough for 6 people. Places like Phantom School bathroom may be large enough only for one party maximum, while Tap 1 can hold multiple ones.
  5. Loot. Some places give items that are worth a lot of money, can be used for quests, etc. etc. This is a nice perk of training in a spot.
  6. AFK location. Particularly important at higher levels, this allows your party members to stay in a party and in the field, and lets you have a high experience bonus while you train.
R u n n i n g your Party
  1. Always post to the bulletin board (P -> View -> "Recruit Members" -> Write if you have a party already and need more people) (P -> View -> "Party Request" -> Write if you don't currently have a party).
  2. Getting a party started is highly preferred as more people are willing to join if they see you've established a party first.
  3. Special (ie. a gender party) is in most cases easier to keep up than a Royal, and offers precisely the same benefits.

I've estimated level ranges... please check my responses, and correct me if I'm off on any of them.
w h e r e 2 G R I N D...

Numbers like "70-" mean below level 70, while "35+" means at least level 35.
Levels are suggestions based on (and sorted by) difficulty of mob. You may be able to train there earlier or later depending on the quality of your gear.
More extensive descriptions of each training spot are in the spoilers below each section.
a
* means i think the place is especially good for training in a party.
P. School 1f -- 35+ | 50-

Spoiler!

*Path to Oops -- 35+ | 70-

Spoiler!

Oops Wharf Field 2 -- 60+ | ~88-

Spoiler!

*Oops Wharf Field 4 -- 60+ | 84-

Spoiler!

Mermaid Palace 2 -- 60+ | 95-

Spoiler!

*Seabed 1 -- 60+ | 100-

Spoiler!

Seabed 4 -- 60+ | 100-

Spoiler!

P. School 2f Bathroom -- 60+ | 92-

Spoiler!

*P. School 2-2 -- 70+ | 94-

Spoiler!

Mermaid Dungeon 1 -- 70+ | 110-

Spoiler!

*P. School Annex -- 70+ | 123-

Spoiler!

P. School Machine Room -- ??+| ??-

Spoiler!

*Nora Sewer -- 70+ | 110-

Spoiler!

Mirage Island 1 -- 80+ | 110-

Spoiler!

Mirage Island 2 -- 80+ | 110-

Spoiler!

Mermaid Dungeon 2 -- 80+ | 110-

Spoiler!

*P. School Dungeon -- 90+| 220-
(several maps)
Spoiler!

Path to Snow Hill aka Bugbears -- 100+ | 170?-

Spoiler!

*Tap 1 -- 100+ | 289-

Spoiler!

Vamp Dungeon 4 -- 140+ | 170-

Spoiler!

*Tech 4 -- ??+ | ??-

Spoiler!

Karan Boss Trial 1 (Trench of the Dead) -- ??+ | ??-

Spoiler!

Count Blood Boss Trial 1 -- ??+ | ??-

Spoiler!

Count Blood Boss Trial 2 -- ??+ | ??-

Spoiler!

Snow Mines Closed Lot 1 -- 170?+ | 280?-

Spoiler!

Ice Dungeon 3 -- 170?+ | 280?-
no pretty picture... sorry.
Spoiler!

Last edited by badna0; 05-09-2009 at 12:32 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-16-2009   #2 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Holy Paladin
Level: 100

Do you meant do the Ghost Book quest at level 40, or when it becomes available? Because I know it's a minimum level of 30, if that's what you're trying to convey.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

04-16-2009   #3 (permalink)

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light

ah woops. I thought it started @ 40. I'll change it to 30+.

04-16-2009   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

NakedImouto has a spectacular aura aboutNakedImouto has a spectacular aura about

Karan Boss trial 1 and Vamp boss trials 1 and 2 are excellent grinding spots, solo with a bracer.

Karan boss trial 1 is more party friendly, but the Vamp boss trials has a very limited map space, but with excellent potential for afking training.\

EDIT :

These places are better than tap 1 IMO. Very quick EXP, no running for a kill. Tap 1 is okay for single kill EXP, but if you have ANY AOE, it's strongly recommended that you grind at the boss trials.

04-16-2009   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Imouto! I'll add these in in a bit, and credit you with the info.

what sort of level range would you recommend for the two?

04-17-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

EDGE is on a distinguished road

Cool. Off to Path To Oops~

:d

By the way, the ghost book quest is 31, not 30.

04-17-2009   #7 (permalink)

Thanks. I'll change it!

04-17-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Jack will become famous soon enoughJack will become famous soon enough
IGN: LordJesterx
Class: Cyber Hunter to_scientist
Level: 18X
Guild: Checkmate

The Machinery Rooms looks cool... Anyone noes how to get there? Please post a link to it or smth.

04-17-2009   #9 (permalink)

added directions to machine room (1f P. School annex)

04-17-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Jack will become famous soon enoughJack will become famous soon enough
IGN: LordJesterx
Class: Cyber Hunter to_scientist
Level: 18X
Guild: Checkmate

Thanks for the infomation!

04-17-2009   #11 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

ID3 has been revo'd so to my knowledge no one levels there anymore. o-o
The more popular high level spot is Snow mines. <:

05-05-2009   #12 (permalink)

Minor update. I added a little more praise for Phantom School Dungeon b/c it is an excellent place to train.
Also, I reworked the section order and added a "why do you train?" section.

05-05-2009   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Raport is on a distinguished road
IGN: Raport, Sosh, Wosungee
Class: Sheep, Lion, Bunny
Level: 15x, 10x, 6x

Nice to see people have forgotten phantom school, its probably my favourite place The rooms aren't big but the spawns are super fast so it's a shame you don't see too many parties there.

I wouldn't say you need to be able to OHKO to do machine room though, my useless luck lions been ok there.. it makes the xp slower but I still liked it better than other places. For magic types once you can 1hit the keepers the 3rd floor toilet is like a little upgrade to the 2nd floor one, with keepers & inky muks it just gives a little more xp! Another room that I think used to be really popular for magics is the art room, they can hit hard but I don't think you need all that much MA to be able to OHKO. At 137 I still get decent xp there on my own so for someone 9-10x it should be really nice

05-06-2009   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

txangelwolf is on a distinguished road

This is great! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

05-08-2009   #15 (permalink)
Supporter
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDeco OnlineDofusEmil Chronicle Online

DarkMaverick will become famous soon enough
IGN: Fortify
Class: Grand Archer to_thiefmaster
Level: 54
Guild: iPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by badna0
*P. School Dungeon -- 90+| 220-
(several maps)
This place is superb. Provided you can survive the mobs, it rewards you with superb item and money drops. The equips here have the potential to be some of the best in the game - you can sell the good ones for millions, and npc the rest for an easy 50k. Lots of people can train here too, from a large range of levels. I'd train here as soon as I can OHKO/2HKO the mobs. A party is handy in case a griefer tries to kill you, since it is a PvP zone. If you're a fox like me, I highly recommend 2-4 as an orgy of Fan of Knives goodness; I can train in 2-4 solo faster than I can at Tap 1 with a booster (!)
Once you out level the mobs in 2-4 I moved to 3-1. It has Picture Ghosts and Haunted Prisoners. The Ghosts are physical weak and the Prisoners are gun weak. The only problem is that Prisoners banish, but they do give a warning message so if you can OHKO it's a great place to level for foxes. Not sure about other classes.

With 117 HV and 126 LK I rarely get hit so I only stock MP pots and can stay there a lot longer since both monsters drop Elixer Extracts and Jewelry potions. Generally I only leave to unload Phantom equips or when I'm not paying attention and get banished.

Also, I'd like to say how much I appreciate this guide. I stopped playing for quite some time and was fairly lost about what to do when I came back and this was a ton of help.

Edit: If you can't OHKO the Prisoners in 3-1 there's 3-2 which has Picture Ghosts and Haunted Straws that are both physical weak. The only difference being that Haunted Straws have Mana Arrow and don't banish. I like 3-1 more because I get hit less, but I can see arguments both ways. I'd suggest 3-2 if you can't OHKO Prisoners otherwise it's personal preference.

Last edited by DarkMaverick; 05-08-2009 at 10:15 PM.

05-09-2009   #16 (permalink)

thanks for the positive feedback! I've (slightly) edited your post (just to make the location a little more clear) and put the quote in the Phantom School Dungeon section.

05-18-2009   #17 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Wow. Thanks for the guide.

I was slow-grinding in Tap! solo and that made me look like a loner unless I form a party. (Which it's highly doubutfull for a hour-like online availability.) So now I know Snow Mines Closed Lots do somehow give me hope~ But I still love to loot at Tap1. (Sorry for those parties that saw me running back and fourth. ^^; I have other important gunk to carry too. X_X)

And Ice Dungen 3 scare the crap out of me with Great Coolems. (Makes you appreaciate magic-type players in your side.)

05-20-2009   #18 (permalink)
Pig
ggFTW Moogler

Pig is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Pig
IGN: WarriorPigeon
Level: 243
Guild: RedEclipse/Arcanum

Maybe Black Ash Dungeon?
The monsters give decent exp (about 0.1-0.2% soloing with a booster at 210) and it's right next to a repot.
The items they drop are useful for quests in the dungeon, too (grinding there will help get those somewhat rarer items you need a lot of such as incense sticks and iodine pills).

Maybe not.. but it's a thought.

EDIT:forgot to put what lvl i was soloing at.

IGN: WarriorPigeon

Last edited by Pig; 05-20-2009 at 06:22 PM.

06-15-2009   #19 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Whenever I go to most of those places, none of them seem to have any parties, and hardly any people.

06-15-2009   #20 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

I am lvl 9X foxy...have been solo in path of swamp after it has been revo'ed..
I can still 1 hit KO the monsters..
i think you can add that map in your guide for 90-110..