ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Trickster Online General Guides

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (5) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-23-2008   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
VIP
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Cait Send a message via AIM to Cait Send a message via MSN to Cait Send a message via Yahoo to Cait Send a message via Skype™ to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 271
Guild: Firefly Serenity (Join Them! ^_^)
Xfire: Caiternoodle
Red face Cait's Screen Resolution and Chat Bar Guide

http://wiki.ggftw.com/trickster/Tric..._and_Chat_Bars <- better link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8McU-wG7HI <- Video tutorial

I need to make another one where i dont screw up, and better quality, but thats what you get for now. xD

= Intro =

Ever want your Trickster Client a special resolution? Widescreen users do I hear an uproar? This edit, which was not found by Cait, but compiled by with help from others, will help you achieve this widescreen / dual monitor user's dream.

[[image:TO-Cait-Go.jpg|thumb|alt=The amazing stuff you can do with this guide.|One amazing desktop|300px|right|Now i can play trickster, watch my Go program, and edit GGFTW wiki all at the same time. You will be a multitasking ''god''!]]
= FAQ =

==What is the highest resolution supported by Trickster?==

The resolution available is a limitation of both your monitor's maximum supported resolution, and your graphics adapter(s).

This is typically your native resolution. I your monitor's maximum supported resolution exceeds your graphic adapters texture limitation, then you can only run up to its physical limitation.

*Single GPU adaptors can support upto 4096x4096 (16777216 pixels).
*Dual GPU adaptors can support upto 8096x8096 (65545216 pixels).

[[image:5760x1200.jpg|thumb|alt=AshleyJames' Resolution|One amazing resolution|300px|right|[[User:AshleyJames|AshleyJames]] gives us a screenshot of a BEAST of a resolution! <BR>''I personally run 5760x1200 natively in Trickster Online and have a hardware limitation of 8096px, there are no problems.'' ~[[User:AshleyJames|AshleyJames]] Feb 2010 ]]

==Top 20 Common Display Resolutions==
*1024 x 768
*1280 x 800
*1280 x 1024
*1440 x 900
*1680 x 1050
*1366 x 768
*800 x 600
*1152 x 864
*1920 x 1200
*1920 x 1080
*1280 x 768
*1600 x 900
*1024 x 600
*1280 x 720
*1280 x 960
*320 x 396
*320 x 480
*1360 x 768
*1600 x 1200
*1400 x 1050

Note the smaller resolutions are for phones only, which in the US you cannot play Trickster on phones currently.

==Can I edit this guide?==

This is a wiki, so go ahead you little boogers! Just don't mess anything up or lie to the general public.

=='I get this little bar at the bottom of my screen sometimes thats all messed up and I cant see anything down there!'''==

This is caused usually by having a windowed resolution that is the SAME resolution as your monitor's.. Ex: 800x600 windowed with 800x600 resolution. This can be fixed by either

*Change your monitor's resolution to something higher than Tricksters
*Edit your trickster resolution to be about 15px lower than your monitor resolution.

==Can I make Trickster a higher resolution than my monitor supports?==

You may notice you can still slightly increase the resolution of Trickster so it exceeds your monitor's maximum supported resolution, however it will cause pixel corruption if you choose to.

It's also important to note when running Trickster in a window, as the borders around the window will constitute as extra pixels when the game is running, this will also cause pixel corruption if the borders+resolution is more than your monitor's maximum supported resolution. Typically you should compensate for 10 pixels in width, and 20 in height to remove pixel corruption.

eg. 1680x1050 = 1670x1030 windowed mode.

==I Changed My Resolution and Now I've Got Graphic Errors!==
[http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7...nshot0010b.jpg MyShop], [http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4...nshot0011a.jpg Fortune Telling], and [http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/1...nshot0012v.jpg The Login Screen] are among the graphics glitches you will see when using a custom resolution. Why is this? Because this edit is not supported by Ntreev/GameRage. If you don't like it, don't use a custom resolution.

=Change Screen Resolution=

http://tinyurl.com/TO1280 - New september 2012 - a pre-formatted 1280x700 resolution. Unrar, and go! There is a registry file included just "click to add" sort of thing. Im not sure if it works on all operating systems, so use at your own risk! :3

[[image:caits_screen.jpg|thumb|right|400px|For full view, click here: [[http://asset.103.ggftw.net/wiki/to-w...screen.jpg]]]]
The first step in changing resolution, is to determine your resolution and modify both the registry entry for Trickster and the adding in the required files in the installation folder.

Remember that you may run fullscreen up to your monitor's maximum resolution, however if you run in windowed mode, you should compensate -20px for height, and -10px for width for the borders of the application. You can do more than that, for example, if you are a multitasking freak.

For example, I have 1680x1050 maximum resolution, and I want to play Trickster in 1400x900.

---

'''A.''' Using [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Explorer Windows Explorer], navigate to where Trickster is installed (Usually C:\Program Files\Ntreev\Trickster Online or \Program Files (x86) on 64bit OSes. ''Sometimes it's installed in "Ntreev USA" folder as well.''),

'''A.5''' Go to the folder '''\data\UI_nori.''' Search for 1024, the highest resolution that's standard with Trickster. It will bring up a few folders with files with 1024 in their name.

'''B.''' Copy the found files in the base folder ''UI_Nori'' and subfolder ''into_img'' to a temporary location (like your desktop), rename the files to the width of your desired resolution, eg. 1400 in my instance; and place them in the same folders they were found. Do the folders 1 at a time if you cannot remember where they go.''' I recommend making this copy because if you want to switch back to the old resolution, or accidentally switch it in the options, you won't get an exceptional error. If you don't care, you can just rename the original files.'''

'''C.''' Now we need to modify the registry, we can find the editor by typing '''''regedit''''' in the run command of the start menu.

'''D.''' In the registry, navigate to '''My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ntreev\Trickst er_GSP\Setup'''

Note: this location may be different if you don't use windows XP, but is the same on all the OSes I've used.

'''E.''' Modify '''widthPixel''' and''' heightPixel''' to your desired resolution - make sure "decimal" is checked instead of hexadecimal! eg. in my instance I had ''1400 widthPixel'' x ''900 heightPixel''.

Click okay, and you're done!

Note: if you change your resolution back to 800x600 or 1024 using the patcher, you will have to re-change it back to your custom resolution in the regedit!

= Change Chat Bar Length =

[[image:caits_chatbar.jpg|thumb|right|400px|For full view, click here: [[http://asset.103.ggftw.net/wiki/to-w...hatbar.jpg]]]]

The short method: download and replace chatui.ucf with this: [http://www.mediafire.com/?caqp7cbqjvab5q2 Mediafire] [http://ompldr.org/vZDducQ/ChatUI.ucf OMP] or copy and paste from [http://www.anonstorage.net/PStorage/470.ChatUI.ucf AStorage]

It's spyware and virus free, don't worry - It's just a text file. If you want a custom length.. read ahead.

---

'''M.''' Find '''ChatUI.ucf''' in '''/data/UI_Nori''' Copy and paste it, so you have a copy in case you mess up.

'''N.''' Change it to a .txt, or '''open it in notepad.''' Do NOT open it in Word or Works! use NOTEPAD!

'''O.''' Change '''iviewDimX, iStatViewDimX, and IStatViewMaxDimX''' to the desired width of your chat bar. In my case of 1400x900 resolution, I choose 600, which is bigger than any message will be on trickster. Or you can try the formula... '''width of resolution *.61.''' In my case, the width should be 854, but 600 is still plenty big for me.

'''P.''' Go to File > Save as. Change the "save as type" to ALL FILES.''' Find ChatUI.ucf''' (not the copy!) '''and click save.''' (Or if you renamed it to a text, change the name back) It will ask you to''' overwrite, click yes.''' Close the document.

Open trickster, and enjoy! If you get an exceptional error, you messed something up. Instead of whining to someone about it, try it over from step 1. If you still cant get it, then you may whine - but only if you've tried it at least twice.

Note: Occasionally, after each patching, you will usually need to redo the file copying. Sometimes it resets itself, other times it doesn't. It's a mystery, Charlie Brown!

= Changing the Intro Image to the Most Current =

'''Q.''' First go to '''/Trickster Online/data/UI_nori/intro_img.'''

'''R.''' Delete''' intro_load1280.nri''' and '''intro_base1280.nri''' (or whatever your changed resolution is).

'''S.''' Copy and paste the intro_base1024.nri and intro_load1024.nri. '''Rename the copies''' to intro_load1280.nri and intro_base1280.nri. (or whatever your changed resolution is).

'''T.''' Enjoy your new loading screen!

= Thanks =

Thanks to chickdigger802 who wrote the original guide...

...and to you for reading it ^-^

=Original/Alternative Guide=

Some people find the original guide easier to understand - [http://www.mytrickster.net/forum/gen...esolution.html Check it out on MyTrickster]

Last edited by Cait; 09-04-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-31-2008   #2 (permalink)
Joker66

joeykhor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to joeykhor
IGN: Joker66
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 3x
Guild: oxDestinyxo

huh O.O sorry that i write in this old thread but i just dont get it ... i already did what the guide is but i still get EE'D before login the game can tell me why? o.o ?

08-31-2008   #3 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Levin has disabled reputation
IGN: Sety
Class: Sleepy Pineapple
Level: 11x
Guild: KoC

Well the obvious thing to say would be that you made an error somewhere in your editing. That's also about all anyone can say without looking at what you did...

And I knew I saw this guide somewhere =.=

08-31-2008   #4 (permalink)
Willkommen im Mrchenland
Games
Trickster OnlineBusiness Tycoon OnlineMetal Assault
Awards Facebook Fan

Drakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Drakii Send a message via MSN to Drakii
IGN: Drakii
Class: DP Diva! to_primadonna
Level: 380
Guild: Syndicate

You obviously missed a file while renaming. Go to the original guide on the wiki (Link is in the OP), and check all the files with the pictures there.

08-31-2008   #5 (permalink)
Joker66

joeykhor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to joeykhor
IGN: Joker66
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 3x
Guild: oxDestinyxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakii
You obviously missed a file while renaming. Go to the original guide on the wiki (Link is in the OP), and check all the files with the pictures there.
whats an OP

08-31-2008   #6 (permalink)
Willkommen im Mrchenland
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Drakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond repute

._. OP = Opening Post

09-04-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

chickdigger802 is on a distinguished road

lol i think the original guide makes more sense imo =P

09-04-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Hotaka has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Hotaka Send a message via MSN to Hotaka
IGN: -Hotaka-
Class: Dragon
Level: 25x

At least a DL link to preconfigured files for the chatbar is provided.

12-18-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Ruuka has a spectacular aura aboutRuuka has a spectacular aura aboutRuuka has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Ruuka
Class: Acrobat to_cat
Level: 24

Thanks for the great guide, I originally read chickdigger802's guide but kept EEing until I saw this one and got some stuff cleared out. Thanks! =)

Last edited by Ruuka; 12-18-2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Problem fixed lulz, map was stationary itself

12-10-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseWar RockZeldereX Online

gryphus will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to gryphus Send a message via MSN to gryphus Send a message via Skype™ to gryphus
IGN: Gryphus / Venefica
Class: Diva / Witch to_entertainer
Level: 269|261 / 228/216
Guild: That's Amore~
Xfire: wolvencipher

Works perfectly
^~"I am the Light in your Darkness"~^
^~ 268 Base | 261 TM ~^
^~Full Kitty 190 Set~^

^~ Quick RUN! *BOOM* .... I said run. ^
^~ Most AFK/Online Guild Member ~^
^~ Randomly Raging in Mega/PvP ~^

^~ Pink Hair Cats Member ~^

"What is this thing you call "rage", does it go something like....."
"RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEE"

08-27-2010   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

erotikk is on a distinguished road
IGN: KrizalidDash/CoonDash
Class: Scientist/Duke to_gambler
Level: 195/183-144/141

Does this still works?
i tried doing it and get EE all the time

08-27-2010   #12 (permalink)
Willkommen im Mrchenland
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

It does still work, yes.

If you get an EE, you most likely missed renaming a file. Try browsing manually through the UI_Nori folder and its subfolders, since the Windows search function doesn't work properly with subfolders.

Die Wahrheit ist so schlicht und schn: Es kann nur in eine Richtung gehen. Es gibt nur einen Weg zu dir, er fhrt tiefer hinab!

08-28-2010   #13 (permalink)
N☣ hope left
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChasePangyaRumble Fighter
Awards Twitter Fan

Chris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant future
IGN: Andr
Class: Computer Engineer to_wizard
Level: 25
Guild: CEFET-MG

Does this happen to anyone else?

Spoiler!

08-28-2010   #14 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Event WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

^Yup, it happens to me too. I tried fixing it but it... doesn't work, haha. That and the login screen is still the one that was up when I tampered with the resolution (it doesn't update as the game goes through patches).

08-28-2010   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #15 (permalink)
Willkommen im Mrchenland
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

That are the downsides of playing on "unsupported" resolutions, but you get used to it pretty quickly.

If you want the login screen to update, delete the intro_baseXXXX.nri (At least I think that was it) of your custom resolution, copy the intro_base1024.nri and rename that copy again. You'd need to repeat this for every new login screen, or you just keep the one you like :3

Die Wahrheit ist so schlicht und schn: Es kann nur in eine Richtung gehen. Es gibt nur einen Weg zu dir, er fhrt tiefer hinab!

09-02-2010   #16 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Event WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakii
That are the downsides of playing on "unsupported" resolutions, but you get used to it pretty quickly.

If you want the login screen to update, delete the intro_baseXXXX.nri (At least I think that was it) of your custom resolution, copy the intro_base1024.nri and rename that copy again. You'd need to repeat this for every new login screen, or you just keep the one you like :3
That worked, thanks so much! I'm glad it's easily doable. +rep~

05-15-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait
A. Go to where Trickster is installed at, and find \data\UI_nori. Search for 1024, a resolution that's already installed.

B. Copy and paste the files in UI_Nori -AND- intro_img. you must have them both copied in the right directories or else you'll get exceptional error.
Changing your screen's resolution. - MyTrickster

I honestly found the old guide easier to understand, and I'm linking to MT because the link you put up doesn't even work and only redirects to the ggFTW Wiki homepage.

Actually, this new one's fine, but just the bits I quoted confused the hell out of me. Copy and paste the files in UI_Nori and intro_img? Like.. what? The old guide never said anything about copying and pasting, only renaming every file that contains "1024" to the desired width.

05-15-2011   #18 (permalink)
N☣ hope left
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChasePangyaRumble Fighter
Awards Twitter Fan

Chris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant future
IGN: Andr
Class: Computer Engineer to_wizard
Level: 25
Guild: CEFET-MG

Copy and paste (and rename) them in case you want to keep the "1024" files.

05-15-2011   #19 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Here's where the guide on the wiki is
Cait's Guide to Custom Screen Resolutions and Chat Bars - ggFTW Trickster Wiki

05-16-2011   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Well, I realize this is an old guide and the OP was made almost 3 years ago, BUT a useful guide like this needs to be explained better. Don't assume that every reader will know what's being talked about because a lot of "noobs" actually don't.

1. At least specify where the Trickster Online folder is located. You'd be surprised how many people don't know this.

Quote:
C:\Ntreev USA\Trickster Online
Also the relevant sub-folders:

Quote:
C:\Ntreev USA\Trickster Online\data\UI_nori
Quote:
C:\Ntreev USA\Trickster Online\data\UI_nori\intro_img
2. Backing up ("copy and paste") the files in UI_nori and intro_img is not a mandatory step, but it's recommended that we do it in case we want to keep these files... so mention that? It's hard to proceed with a step if I don't know the reasoning behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait
Note: After each patching, you will need to redo this... because it resets itself on each patching!
Not true. None of my customizations have ever reset themselves after patching. The only thing that needs to be done after each patch is renaming the files in intro_img but that is not necessary unless you always want the newest splash screen.

Sorry to sound like I'm complaining. I really appreciate this guide anyway.

+Rep