ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Trickster Online General Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (5) Thread Tools Display Modes
07-14-2011   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Sumer is on a distinguished road
IGN: ask me (i'm antisocial)
Class: Cyber Hunter to_scientist
Level: 33x
Guild: I.AM.ANTI.SOCIAL

Thanks everybody for the good information.

I have a question, bit offtopic but still techincal and about Trickster: does anyone know how can i view the BIG maps of trickster. Right now i know how to view the mini maps. Drop me a PM and i'll contact you - please! There are some places i've never seen and would really want to view them like this

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-30-2011   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

AdamVex is on a distinguished road

very useful...i'll try to change my resolution... thanks for posting

03-31-2012   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 100(rTO) 271(eTO)
Guild: None (rTO) FireflySerenity (eTO)
Xfire: Caiternoodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruuka
Thanks for the great guide, I originally read chickdigger802's guide but kept EEing until I saw this one and got some stuff cleared out. Thanks! =)
Thanks! I'm glad it helped! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaka
At least a DL link to preconfigured files for the chatbar is provided.
It was down for a while with megaupload, but is now reuploaded on several places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erotikk
Does this still works?
i tried doing it and get EE all the time
Usually when this happens, you miss a file. Try again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Does this happen to anyone else?

Spoiler!
Yes, it's normal. Added to the FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakii
If you want the login screen to update, delete the intro_baseXXXX.nri (At least I think that was it) of your custom resolution, copy the intro_base1024.nri and rename that copy again. You'd need to repeat this for every new login screen, or you just keep the one you like :3
Thanks for the info, added to the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
Changing your screen's resolution. - MyTrickster

I honestly found the old guide easier to understand, and I'm linking to MT because the link you put up doesn't even work and only redirects to the ggFTW Wiki homepage.

Actually, this new one's fine, but just the bits I quoted confused the hell out of me. Copy and paste the files in UI_Nori and intro_img? Like.. what? The old guide never said anything about copying and pasting, only renaming every file that contains "1024" to the desired width.
Ok posted a link to the original guide too. When i wrote that, MT was down.

You copy and paste in case you want the old resolution as well, or accidentally change it and don't get any EEs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
Well, I realize this is an old guide and the OP was made almost 3 years ago, BUT a useful guide like this needs to be explained better. Don't assume that every reader will know what's being talked about because a lot of "noobs" actually don't.

1. At least specify where the Trickster Online folder is located. You'd be surprised how many people don't know this.

Also the relevant sub-folders:

2. Backing up ("copy and paste") the files in UI_nori and intro_img is not a mandatory step, but it's recommended that we do it in case we want to keep these files... so mention that? It's hard to proceed with a step if I don't know the reasoning behind it.

(on resetting itself) Not true. None of my customizations have ever reset themselves after patching. The only thing that needs to be done after each patch is renaming the files in intro_img but that is not necessary unless you always want the newest splash screen.

Sorry to sound like I'm complaining. I really appreciate this guide anyway.

+Rep
1.) Done

2.) Mentioned it

3.) Back when I first made this, it reset itself often. It doesn't seem to anymore, so i mentioned that as well.

Glad you liked it, thanks for the suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumer
Thanks everybody for the good information.

I have a question, bit offtopic but still techincal and about Trickster: does anyone know how can i view the BIG maps of trickster. Right now i know how to view the mini maps. Drop me a PM and i'll contact you - please! There are some places i've never seen and would really want to view them like this
What do you mean by the BIG maps? Like a big version of a mini map? like a whole world fullsize?

Here's some links that might interest you. If you cant read japanese, use google translate or just click around

Trickstern}y[W

http://inspiremari.nl/images/guides/trickster-maps.jpg

MAP - TricksterWiki

09-04-2012   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 100(rTO) 271(eTO)
Guild: None (rTO) FireflySerenity (eTO)
Xfire: Caiternoodle

Trickster Online 1280 final.rar

^ Added "Un-rar and go" version of a 1280 x 700 resolution!

10-26-2012   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Darxide is on a distinguished road

I'm just wondering, since the card thing and the character selection boxes are off, would it be fixed if you merely increase the resolution, but keep the same ratio? instead of an 800x600 reso, you use 1200x900? would that make it look the same as before, with the exception of the map itself and myshop?