ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-guides/)
-   -   Invade Thailand Trickster Online! (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-guides/120595-invade-thailand-trickster-online.html)

Kanoka 01-25-2013 02:34 AM

Invade Thailand Trickster Online!

Since eTO is dieing, I decided to try other tricksters. :py55:

First up on my list to try is: Thailand Trickster online

Benefits: no tricky IP Ban to fool, Items in English, random stuff in English, you can chat in English characters

cons: (like the other TO's) ncp's dialog is in their language. Server is in a different location. Slower to update than eTO,jTO,kTO

as proof as that it works: the Cait already got it working, and made a tutorial video!
[please google the video yourself. Thank you. - Sandrie]

I decided to make this for people who prefer pictures :3
(and incase the video/youtube dies xD)

Disclaimer: Educational/informative purposes only.

To enter tTO, you'll need to make a tTO account.

here's where you can do that:
Trickster :: Promotion :: - Trickster Thailand

First find dat register button!!!!!!

Then You accept the EULA (terms), by hitting the left button

Then you type in your info:

Thailand ID # (I'll get to this later...)

User name*

Password

Email

Forum Name*

Comfirm Password

the the capcha like authentication thingy (type what you see in the greybox into the text box!!!)

Both the user name and Forum name Need authentication. So click the button next to the text box to authenticate. See below pictures for what to look for~

As for the Thailand ID#, you gotta "find" and # that can be used :3

if a message pops up on the same window when you authenticate, its probably a number that won't work.

If a messages pops up in a new window, its a number that will work :3

(I'm not sure how to get a number.... See Cait's video.... or google it :py45:)

Click the submit button, and if it looks like this, you probably did it right :3

Look I can log in!!!

you can download a copy of the Thailand game client from the website, or you can download from Cait's mirror~(faster!)
DepositFiles

[This space is for screen shots of me in tTO... if it works xD]

I got my fish!

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps7321c1c3.jpg

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/o...psaa3de346.jpg

I'm in :py62:

Troubleshooting:
White screen, Hackshield Pro looking like its doing nothing.

Let is sit, and update. takes a long time D: (20minutes+)

else: close client, go where trickster is installed, run the HShield update alone, and leave it to update~

else: Uninstall tTO, Reinstall tTO, Update HShield FIRST, then run tTO to update client.

:py22:

Queen 01-25-2013 08:46 AM

Not to be a buzzkill.

Identity document - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also for reference, this post down:
/forum/trickster-onl...ml#post1801138

InfernalGuy 01-26-2013 05:00 AM

What's that head item? :o

Esperetta 01-26-2013 05:14 AM

Chr. Blossom Bunch Acc.

I'm not too keen on committing identity theft....

InfernalGuy 01-26-2013 07:05 AM

There's some hope that eTO will be saved anyway

SteelFlex 01-28-2013 01:53 AM

Aw dang how did you get that hat qq, I want one.
I might go if it ever finishes downloading

Kanoka 01-28-2013 03:18 AM

remember that Leaf hat? this is in its place~. (dat lv15 box)

Joy 01-28-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare (Post 1801142)

Doubt people care because a lot of them already started downloading it KNOWING this fact. :I

Esperetta 01-28-2013 06:28 PM

Er... has anyone thought of, I dunno....emailing tTO and just asking them if they'd like to open up their game to receive eTO players now that eTO is closing?

I mean, c'mon. Lets atleast try doing things the legal way before immediately going down the illegal route....

Now. I'm pretty sure there are a few Thai people or Thai fluent people floating around here that could help you with translating a letter.

Or I could just ask my mum...

Scenesky 01-29-2013 12:37 PM

Already playing, i asked some Thais if using the Thai ID Generator is fine with them, they said yes, the owner wont use its ID anyway. lol

Sandrie 01-29-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scenesky (Post 1802110)
Already playing, i asked some Thais if using the Thai ID Generator is fine with them, they said yes, the owner wont use its ID anyway. lol

Honestly I don't think it justifies the use of it. Just because a few people you talked to said that they would be okay with it doesn't mean the person who owns the SSN would be okay with it. I would be very concerned if someone got a hold of my SSN number like that for sure. I don't know how those numbers are used in Thailand, but the fact that they exist must mean they are used for something right?

There are people who "borrow" children's SSN numbers in the US to get a loan or a house or other things like that. So when the kid grows up they find out they they owe a whole ton of money.
(here's an article about it). I understand that it's a game so it's not of that magnitude, but still, it's not worth it imo.

Now the chances of you actually getting caught is up in the air, but it's still clearly illegal. I guess I'm just trying to say it's "at your own risk."

Sizzurp 01-29-2013 02:56 PM

its tempting mee :py12:

Esperetta 01-29-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrie (Post 1802122)
Honestly I don't think it justifies the use of it. Just because a few people you talked to said that they would be okay with it doesn't mean the person who owns the SSN would be okay with it. I would be very concerned if someone got a hold of my SSN number like that for sure. I don't know how those numbers are used in Thailand, but the fact that they exist must mean they are used for something right?

There are people who "borrow" children's SSN numbers in the US to get a loan or a house or other things like that. So when the kid grows up they find out they they owe a whole ton of money.
(here's an article about it). I understand that it's a game so it's not of that magnitude, but still, it's not worth it imo.

Now the chances of you actually getting caught is up in the air, but it's still clearly illegal. I guess I'm just trying to say it's "at your own risk."

That's exactly right. SSN's in Thailand are used for opening bank accounts and important stuff like that. To be honest, if I had an SSN I'd of been extremely leery of using it even for an online game like this.

I think a true test of a person's character is whether they have ethics and morals when nobody's looking.

InfernalGuy 01-30-2013 10:49 AM

No one cares, honestly. Even tho you said your warnings, people will do what they want.

Sandrie 01-30-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernalGuy (Post 1802368)
No one cares, honestly. Even tho you said your warnings, people will do what they want.

The fact that I care (and at least a few others on the forum) means that "no one cares" isn't true by counter example (oh snap). But like I said earlier, it's up to the person in the end. At least they will be able to see both sides, so to speak. It doesn't really affect me if someone goes steals some kid's KSSN or uses some generator (plenty of people do that already), but for people looking at this, at least they will be able to make an educated decision (hopefully).

Anyway that's all I got, plenty has been said about this already.

Kusuriuri 01-30-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernalGuy (Post 1802368)

You not caring does not equate to "no one" caring.

Not sure what strange logic leads you to believe that.

SteelFlex 01-30-2013 06:27 PM

Thailand Tricky keeps logging out on its own :c

Atmosphere 01-30-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryxios (Post 1802405)
You not caring does not equate to "no one" caring.

Not sure what strange logic leads you to believe that.

I don't think he meant it literally; he just wanted to say that most people who want to play on tTO wouldn't care about the illegal aspects or those generators.

TadashiKazerei 01-30-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrie (Post 1802402)
The fact that I care (and at least a few others on the forum) means that "no one cares" isn't true by counter example (oh snap). But like I said earlier, it's up to the person in the end. At least they will be able to see both sides, so to speak. It doesn't really affect me if someone goes steals some kid's KSSN or uses some generator (plenty of people do that already), but for people looking at this, at least they will be able to make an educated decision (hopefully).

Anyway that's all I got, plenty has been said about this already.

I can knowingly confirm you've helped at least one person with your words. My Trickster guild was awesome, so I was going to try out tTO when I heard a bunch of them were. I had no idea that was such a serious identity-type thing though, so I guess I'll make my peace with Trickster as well. Thanks. :py55:

Draft 01-30-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atmosphere (Post 1802446)
I don't think he meant it literally; he just wanted to say that most people who want to play on tTO wouldn't care about the illegal aspects or those generators.

That's the problem... It's a game, so I leave people who are accessing the game illegally with a question.

Is it worth it to break a law just for a game?

I'm not the here to start a debate or point fingers toward anyone, like Ryxios said, it's a matter of ethic and morals when no one's looking.