ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Trickster Online General Guides

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-03-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

Revolution will become famous soon enoughRevolution will become famous soon enough
IGN: XO Strike
Level: Changing
Smile Revolutions Tips To Refining!

Heya everyone, before we start, if you don't already know what refining is, you can check here.

Anyways, here are a few tips on how to get your weapons to a good level with less fail.

1. If its altiverse/requiem/chaos you're refining, it would be better not to refine your hax one and have a good chance of getting it broken. Instead, buy some junk versions (low stat,slot,etc) since they're cheap, and refine that instead. So this way, if you happen to get a high refine level and not break it, you can
forge it, and possibly get that refine level on your good stat/slot one. Note: You will have to put the refined one on the first slot in order to keep the refine level (thanks to Cepheid, Almora, and fate23 for the information). .

2. Try using anvils if you have a pretty low chance of success. By low I mean: 20%,10%,5%. It would probably help to save up repair powders (depending on the level of the equipment, it will cost that many repair powders. Example: Level 10= 10 repair powders used to repair.). Also, there may be those sort of events where you can get free anvils, so make the best of it .

3. Refine Fortune. These can really help, especially when you have a high % of refine fortune. It adds a % from the success rate, not adding it depending on the % of refine fortune. Example: A weapon has a 50% chance of success in refining. Having 10% refine fortune, It will be 55%, not 60% (please correct me if I am wrong). At times, you may see people giving refine service with 90% refine fortune, you can ask them to refine your item for you if you can trust them (or they give collateral).

4. Try getting the refine ores beforehand as it makes it easier not having to go back and forth to the mines. Afk drilling would be the easiest way, But you can just manual drill too. Try getting those crazy drills (the one which fills your stress meter faster than others) and do alot of crazy drilling

5. Try not to refine a weapon if you know you're going to change it soon. That can waste repair powders,anvils and refine ores.

Last edited by Revolution; 11-28-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-03-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Revolution will become famous soon enoughRevolution will become famous soon enough
Wink

Thanks for taking your time to read my guide (sort of) if you did!
Questions,comments, and feedback/feedfoward are welcome

+Rep if these tips helped you
Good luck refining!

Spoiler!

Last edited by Revolution; 11-28-2012 at 07:31 PM.

11-03-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

KungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura about
IGN: AbsoluteLimit
Class: Mule

That #1 tip was VERY informative. Thanks~

11-06-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster OnlinePerfect WorldTibiaWorld of Warcraft

Taweart is on a distinguished road
Guild: ~CRISIS^

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuPets
That #1 tip was VERY informative. Thanks~
sure! I thought refining levels couldn't be transferred with Forge
Thanks!

11-06-2012   #5 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taweart
sure! I thought refining levels couldn't be transferred with Forge
Thanks!
Only the refining level on e primary equip will carry.
The same goes with comps. So you you have annequip wih hax comps and one with a high level. Do not forge them as you will lose one of them.

Not sure how to explain it better. As this confuses some of my more intelligent friends.

11-06-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

KungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura about
IGN: AbsoluteLimit
Class: Mule

@Cepheid: I think I got it... In Forging Altiverse Eqs, whatever is on the primary slot, it stays intact. The secondary slot just transfers its stats to the first right?

So Forging is like Tempering in the sense that it re-rolls ONLY the stats BUT instead of an equipment preset range (Min ~ Max), it compares which is higher and sets that stat on the equipment.

I haven't experienced forging that much. Its good to know ahead of time before I mess up forging

11-06-2012   #7 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuPets
@Cepheid: I think I got it... In Forging Altiverse Eqs, whatever is on the primary slot, it stays intact. The secondary slot just transfers its stats to the first right?

So Forging is like Tempering in the sense that it re-rolls ONLY the stats BUT instead of an equipment preset range (Min ~ Max), it compares which is higher and sets that stat on the equipment.

I haven't experienced forging that much. Its good to know ahead of time before I mess up forging
That's not what she meant.

She wanted to point out that:

Equip A in primary slot: Level x refine.
Equip B in secondary slot: Decent comps.

If you forge, the comps won't transfer over, only the level stays & vice versa depending on how you place them. However, your understanding is also a correct part of the forging process. So comps won't transfer over, but if there are base stats higher on the second compared to the first, it will transfer over.

You can also use this method to clean out comps.

11-07-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Correct me if im wrong: So you have to put the equipment with the refine level in the first slot to keep it?

My Tips On Refining!

Last edited by Revolution; 11-10-2012 at 04:13 PM.

11-07-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution
Correct me if im wrong: So you have to put the equipment with the refine level in the first slot to get it?
yes this also applies for comps.

11-07-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

added the note for it.

My Tips On Refining!

11-08-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

I am pretty sure works no matter what slot they are placed at

I forged my 1s LK comped staff with 3s uncomped, which was placed at secondary slot, and I got staff with 2 clean slots and 1 comped -.-

11-08-2012   #12 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernalGuy

I forged my 1s LK comped staff with 3s uncomped, which was placed at secondary slot, and I got staff with 2 clean slots and 1 comped -.-
Your gear must be glitched. I managed to clean out my slots by putting a clean ring on primary and on secondary, 3s ring(Fully compounded).

Last edited by Draft; 11-08-2012 at 11:22 AM.

11-08-2012   #13 (permalink)
Playing Finalfantasy XIV
Games
Trickster OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Facebook Fan

kite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to kite384
IGN: ShugoKunisaki/kitekite
Class: Edgar/Tude to_buffalo
Level: 43/32
Guild: [[MoonlightC]]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBerry
Your gear must be glitched. I managed to clean out my slots by putting a clean ring on primary and on secondary, 3s ring(Fully compounded).
yup its working like this

11-08-2012   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe YOUR gear is glitched, huh??

11-08-2012   #15 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Let's sit down and think about this. Forging is the tempering process of requiem and altiverse equipments. Unlike actual temper, it takes the better range or fails. Primary is the equipment that is being enchanted by the secondary equipment. Primary doesn't destroy itself when forge fails. I don't how simple I can explain this, but stats are given to the primary, but compound and refinement does not pass through, because its on the secondary equip. The secondary one is destroyed from the process of transfer.

Best example I can give.
Spoiler!

11-08-2012   #16 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Altiverse or Requiem. They are both two completely separate things.

11-08-2012   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

^ altiverse

11-08-2012   #18 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
^ altiverse
Hmm, that is weird. I know for sure it cleans the 3 slots out if you have 3 comped slots in the second slot. I was sitting next to my brother when we tried it a while ago.

Other than that, I have no confirmation on differing slots.

11-09-2012   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

Quote:

if this is what you did then that is correct.