ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Trickster Online General Guides

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-12-2012   #1 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians
Default Powerlevelling Explained

A Brief Guide to Powerleveling
--------
Note: This Guide is incomplete. This means that parts will be unfinished or even not make any sense. Please be patient.
I am trying to transfer this from my ipad to my computer, so I can edit it there.
Excuse the typos and spelling mistakes, I intend to fix them when I can.

Progress
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
--------

Hello Everyone,
Welcome to a guide on one of the most controversial topics within Trickster (and possibly all MMOs)- Powerlevelling. In this guide I intend to outline the basics within powerlevelling within our game. Before that, I would like to write a little bit about the ethics of this topic so, as I believe that people should be making informed decisions and whether to partake in such and excercise.

Each section has been linked below as an individual post.

- - - - - - - - -

Table of Contents

[S1.0] Introduction to Powerleveling and Ethics
[S1.1] Glossary
[S2.0] Getting Started
[S2.1] Exp Distribution
[S3] Characters
[S4] Maps
[S5] Losing exp
[S6] Pricing
[S7] Summary
[S8] Credits, updates, etc
[A1] Appendix 1: How to calculate the amount of a stat required to OHKO a particular monster.

Last edited by Nebula; 01-09-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-12-2012   #2 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute

[S1.0] Intoduction to Powerleveling and Ethics

Introduction:
Powerlevelling is a way of leveling up a character by using another character to kill monsters and sticking exp on share. It is a technique used when someone wishes to gain many levels in little time. It is arguably the quickest way of levelling within the game. People sell powerlevelling as a service for those wishing to gain levels quickly. These people tend to pay relatively high rates making it a great source of income for a handful of players.

This technique may sound wonderful however, there is another side to it. This leads me to my next section of the guide, Ethics.

Ethics:

Many people have very strong opinions that are against the idea of powerleveling. I shall try my best to outline them here.

Spoiler!

1. Powerleveling defeats the purpose of playing the game:
Trickster is a game that used to be based on grinding to level up. Now-a-days, there are quests for every region that will easily take you to lvl 240. Along with these quests; there are many features that will allow you to progress within the game. These features include fiesta, daily and shadow daily quests, chaos tower (for quests and grinding and episode quests.

2. Powerleveling is a demonstration of a person's laziness:

By paying someone else to level you (especially after selling myshop), you are showing that you cannot be bothered playing the game properly. You lose you perspective on how difficult it is to get up lvl xxx and tm xxx as you will get to your level and tm and be able to instantly wear your equips and learn your skills. You will not be able to brag about the 10hours you spent in Nora Sewer or the 3 hours you spent hunting incense sticks at Techichi.

3. Irony in Congratulating

This is really the same as before. Remember when you finally hit lvl 200? You had been wanting it for months and you had to do it at a snail's pace? Your guild and friends were proud of you and showed some sincerity in their congratulatory message? Maybe you never had this experience however if you have been plvled, there is no sincerity.

4. Breaks the economy?

Powerleveling is in high demand and sells for some pretty insane amounts of galder. This thus disperses the galder around the economy meaning more cashed up buyers looking for the same items- potential disaster?

With all these reasons against powerleveling, why do I still write a guide?
Whilst there is a large group of the population that highly disagree with the concept of powerleveling, I do see some benefits. First of all, powerleveling is a way of making money that a select few players have learnt to master. I think it would fair if everyone had access to this knowledge so that they have the opportunity to make some money this way. Also, I have seen a few questions about plvlling on ggftw and have had a few people asking in the game. I don't want to have to explain something to 100 people, so I shall put all I know in one place.

With all the introductory work complete, let's get into the actual guide.

Last edited by Nebula; 07-16-2012 at 07:19 AM.

07-12-2012   #3 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

[S1.1] Glossary

Here are a list of terms that I will be using within this guide. Once I have defined an abbreviation, I shall use it from then on.

Bracer- an item that increases the exp of a the person wearing it. The amount depends of the type of bracer used.
Client- person who is being powerleveled.
Dual- A method of powerleveling that involves two people doing the work.
Filler- a member of a party whose purpose is to stay off the map the powerleveling is occurring in order to increase the amount of exp the client is receiving.
Hax- A colloquial trickster word coming from the word "hacked". It means that something is incredibly good. In terms of powerlevelling, hax would imply that you are quick.
Lvl (exp setting)- the default experience setting for a party. It calculates the the experience each member receives based on their level.
Manual- A setting for experience in a party that allows you to allocate the amount of exp that everyone in a party will receive.
OHKO- One hit knock out. Simply means killing a monster by only hitting it once.
Plvl- short for powerlevel
Plvler- character that does the plvling
Solo- A method of plvling that involves a single plvler.
Sprint- an item that increases the movement speed of a character. It can be equipped in its own spot.
Tanker- A character that has high DP that is placed on the plvling map with the purpose of luring monsters to a particular area.

Last edited by Nebula; 07-16-2012 at 09:59 PM.

07-12-2012   #4 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

[S2.0] Getting Started

Ok time for us to get started. To begin with, you will need the following:
A client- This could be your character of an actual paying client. It needs to be on a separate account to the plvler.

A plvler- self-explanatory, it doesn't have to be a great one, just one that is capable at giving your client experience at a reasonably fast rate. Also, this character must be equal to or below the level of the monster that you plan to kill. This is due to the nature of how exp works within the game. There is a huge cut to the amount of experience gained per kill when your level is above the level of the monster that you are killing.

Fillers (optional)- you will need enough of these in order to have a party of four. These allow for clients to get the optimum amount of experience.

A bracer (optional)- this should be equipped by the client. The role of this, is to increase the amount of exp gained by the client. The more exp the bracer gives, the better Here are a few bracers that can be used:
Spoiler!

A sprint (optional)- these are particularly helpful when you are using a map that is a little bit more spaced out. I shall indicate where I would strongly advised a sprint. Sprints are timed with the exception of Jen's Earring, however they can be obtained in the following ways:
Spoiler!

Level Restrictions:
Within a party, all characters must be with 100 levels of each other. This is due to how exp with parties works. If two characters are 100 of more levels apart and in the same party, the party will become fixe. A fixed party will mean that you will be able to place exp on a shared setting, making it impossible to powerlevel.

Impact of the Type of Party:
The type of party will have a minimal impact on the amount of exp gained by the client if they are using a Booster Bracer EX. A normal party using a Brace EX will level 0.97 times slowly than a royal/special party when solo and 0.94 times slower for dual.
However, if you insist on keeping at a low level, you will needs to suicide 1.08 times less for normal (solo) and 1.15 times less (dual). I shall let you be the judge for which configuration is the most worthwhile.

Here is a list of party types, and a summary of the effect of exp.

Spoiler!

If you do not care about gaining levels, going for a royal or special party is the best option. If you are trying to maintain a certain level then the choice is up to you.

Last edited by Nebula; 07-16-2012 at 09:56 PM.

07-12-2012   #5 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

[S2.1] Exp Distribution

Now that you have your party set up, let us talk a little bit about how to distribute the experience within the party.

Why is this important?
The amount of experience a person within the party is allocated has a huge impact on the rate of exp a client will gain. This section aims at maximizing the amount of exp the client receives whilst minimizing the amount of exp the plvler receives.

The role of fillers:

Fillers are characters that are placed within a party on a separate map to the one being used for powerleveling. Their purpose is to allow for particular settings of exp for the manual setting. They rely on the principle that any character that is not on a map, will not get any experience from killing monsters on that map.

Let me elaborate further. Say for example, we have of party of 2 characters. We can set the experience to 40:60. This means that the client will get 60% of the experience whilst the plvller will gain 40%. Now we will have a party of 3 people where the experience is set at 20:50:30. The 30% is set such that the filler "gets" in. However since they are not on the map, they will receive no exp. This means that the remain two characters will receive experience in the ratio on 20:50. This means that the client will get 71.4% of the exp. That is a significant increase.

If we look at this with 4, 5 and 6 membered parties, we find that plvling is most efficient with a 4 membered party. For solo plvlling, this means that the client will gain 20% of the experience.

Now let us look into how to arrange the exp. To get the following arrangements, please make the plvler the leader and the client in the second spot (2nd plvler in 3rd spot for dual), fillers will occupy the remaining places in the party up to the number of places mentioned. Also note, that other arrangements can give the same exp distribution however, I have not included them as they achieve the same thing.

N.B.- Make sure you change the experience setting back to manual after someone in the party levels up.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Nebula; 07-20-2012 at 05:19 AM.

07-12-2012   #6 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

[S3] Characters

Now that you know how to configure the party settings, it is time to give a ru down on what characters you can use. By no means are we limited to just these characters. However, I find these the most efficient. The following characters, I shall explain their plvlling capabilities:
-Hybrid and Pure Mages
-Gunners
-Gladiators

Hybrid and Pure Mages

This is a highly diverse set of classes. Each of these classes is a master of many different types of elemental magic. Given the scope, I will be giving an outline of each of the elements' potential plvlling skills in second and third job forms. After I will bring the elements together and state some suitable combinations of elements and their overall capabilities. I am going to gather that you have the basic knowledge on how to build and equip a mage. I will also gusss that you know the basic skill build. If you do not, there are many comprehensive and up to date magic type guides in the magic guide section. I however ask you to NOT post questions on plvlling on the guides.

2nd Job Mage Skills
Spoiler!

3rd Job Mage Skills
If you choose to advance into a pure mage, you may have access to these skills.
Spoiler!

# denotes that mastering this skill is required if you chose to get it.
* required skill for this element
** highly recommended

----------------------

Suggested Elements

Here are a few suggested combinations of elements that you can use. Each of these will have different functionalities on different maps. When I get to the maps section, I will further comment on this.

Spoiler!

----------------------

Gunners

Spoiler!

Last edited by Nebula; 11-12-2012 at 03:53 PM.

07-12-2012   #7 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

[S4] Maps

By now you should have achieved an understanding of setting up and characters. The next thing we need to discuss is where to powerlevel. Ideal powerleveling maps have the following qualities.
-Medium to high spawn density.
-Easy to kill monsters.
-A decent afk spot.
-Close to a safe map/easy to reach

Low Level Maps
Spoiler!

- - - - - - - - -

Mid Level Maps

Spoiler!

- - - - - - - - -

High Level Maps

Spoiler!

Last edited by Nebula; 11-12-2012 at 03:07 PM.

07-12-2012   #8 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

[S5] Losing exp

Generally, someone who wishes to seriously sell plvling will wish to remain at a certain level. This could be so that they are able to kill monsters without receiving penalty exp (when you are above a monster's level the exp that you receive from the monster is significantly reduced) or to keep their lowest possible level for the service as low as possible.

In order to maintain a desired level, a process known as "suiciding" is undertaken by the owner of the plvler. This involves a person repetatively causing their character to faint. This can be a very slow process that involves a fair bit of patience.

I would suggest if you want to maintain a level, you should suicide down to 20% before you start plvling, if there is a need to do so within a session, 50% is not a bad option.

Suggested Places to Suicide
Good places to suicide are maps that are near a small gate/a safe map with spawn points that are near maps that contain strong monsters (especially those with skills like guardbreak)

Examples of good maps for exp loss are:
-Tap 1 along with Techichi 4
-Vamp Dungeon 1
-Ice Dungeon 1
-Tap Mine Closed Lot 1

Spoiler!

Last edited by Nebula; 07-16-2012 at 07:29 AM.

07-12-2012   #9 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

[S6] Pricing

Note: Please note that this is a section on pricing methods, NOT a section on the actual price of powerleveling. The actual price has an upwards fluctuating trend that is based on demand. Please use the price check forum for actual prices.

As mentioned before, selling a plvling service is a decent way to make money. I will warn that it is also a high risk endeavor, so be careful when dealing with people. If you do chose to sell a plvling service please be advised that it is at your own risk and I am in no way responsible for any transaction that doesn’t go as planned.

In the spoiler is a more detail about each of the methods.

Spoiler!

Spreadsheet for calculating plvl rates per level
I have created a spreadsheet that can be used to calculate plvling prices and such.

This can be used in order to calculate powerleveling rates.

What everything on the sheet does does
Here is a description of what each element of my spreadsheet does.
Spoiler!

Last edited by Nebula; 07-20-2012 at 04:48 AM.

07-12-2012   #10 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

[S7] Summary

Here is a summary of what has been said in the guide. Not all sections of this guild have been included.

[S2.1] Exp Distribution
The following distbutions should be used for exp in partied when powerlevelling:
2 people party
Leader (plvler)- 40%
Spot 1 (client)- 60%

3 people party
Leader (plvler)- 20%
Spot 1 (client)- 50%
Spot 2 (filler)- 30%

4 people party (solo)
Leader (plvler)- 10%
Spot 1 (client)- 40%
Spot 2 (filler)- 25%
Spot 3 (filler)- 25%

4 people party (dual)
Leader (plvller 1)- 10%
Spot 1 (client)- 40%
Spot 2 (plvller 2)- 10%
Spot 3 (filler)- 40%

These configurations maximize the output exp to the client whilst minimizing the exp to the plvler.

[S3] Characters
The following characters can be effectively used for powerlevelling.
  1. Priest
  2. Hybrid Mage (with one or more of these element: Wind, Fire, Lightning, Light, Earth)
  3. Soul Master (Lightning, Fire, Wind, Earth)
  4. Darklord
  5. Lion (Preferably Scientist)
  6. Gladiator

[S4] Maps
The following Maps are effective places the plvl at:
  1. Tap 1
  2. Mines
  3. Mermaid Dungeon 1
  4. Path to Oops Wharf
  5. Vamp Castle Boss Rooms 1 and 2
  6. Karan Trial 1

[S5] Losing exp
Exp loss is important for keeping your character at a low level and thus capable of remaining an effective powerlevelling character. If your level is above the level of the monster you are killing, there is a huge exp cut.

[S6] Pricing
Price either per level or by the hour. Avoid scammers, be reasonable, etc.

Last edited by Nebula; 11-12-2012 at 03:14 PM.

07-12-2012   #11 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

[S8] Credits, updates, etc

Current Version
13/11/2012- Draft

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Updates
07/14/2012
-Added section on pricing

07/17/2012
-More info has been added in maps section, started to colour the text.
-Removed proposed Section 5 on techniques, will incorporate into maps section.

07/20/2012
-Put up a Google Documents version of the spreadsheet.
-Added a few more maps.

29/08/2012
-Started writing appendix 1

13/11/2012
-Finished off maps section, added notes for Lions and a summary.

Credits
Skill images from Main Page - ggFTW Trickster Wiki
Map Images from Skill images from Main Page - ggFTW Trickster Wiki
Rare and Almora advice on the layout and instructions on how to achieve it.

This guide was written by LadyEl (who is now known as Nebula).
It must not be reproduced without my consent.
(If you wish to use a section, just ask )
Dates in DD/MM/YYYY format.

Disclaimer: The content within this guide is based on both fact and opinion. I acknowledge that your opinion may deviate from mine. Also please note that not everything here will work how you expect it to.

Last edited by Nebula; 11-17-2012 at 01:52 AM.

07-12-2012   #12 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

[A1] Appendix 1: How to calculate the amount of a stat required to OHKO a particular monster.
Under construction, I'll make the equations look better when i have the time.

Ok this is a bit of a rushed job but I see it as slightly important. Anyways here’s how to determine a stat required to OHKO a monster.
Now damage in this game is calculated the following way.
Physical:
Dp=Tp*(Ds-Def)
Where:
Dp= Physical Damage
Tp=Physical Tolerance
Ds= Skill Damage
Def=DP of monster

Magical
Dm=Tm*(Ds-MD)
Where:
Dm= Magical Damage
Tm=Elemental Tolerance (Changes depending on element)
Ds= Skill Damage
Def=MD of monster
A similar equation is used for gun damage.

Now I am going to focus mainly on magic damage since this is a powerleveling guide after all. So here is what we do.
First of all, look up the wiki page for monster tolerances, MD and HP. Record these values down as you will need them. A guardian kerberos has 0.57 light tolerance, 1628 MD and 9050 HP.
Now, the damage that you want to do is equal to the monster’s HP. So let Dm=9050 in the guardian kerberos case.
Now we need to know skill damage. I shall focus on a mastered radiant strike. The formula for radiant strike goes as follows:
Ds=(MA-49)*M
If the case of radiant strike M=46.
We also know Tm=0.57 (Light tolerance) and MD=1628.
Placing all these in the formula we get.
9050=0.57((MA-49)*46-1628)
Once you have got to here, you solve the equation for MA to get MA=430 (round up to the nearest number). The value is 431 according to this thread.
I use an equation solving software. You can also do it by hand or type “9050=0.57((x-49)*46-1628) solve for x” into wolframalpha.com
Hope this section helped you.

Last edited by Nebula; 08-29-2012 at 05:26 AM.

07-12-2012   #13 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

Reserved Post 9

07-12-2012   #14 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

Final reserved post.

Feel free to comment/ask questions.

07-12-2012   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

ggFTWuser is on a distinguished road
IGN: ggFTW
Class: fox lt_explorer
Level: 36-40
Guild: none right now

o,o amazing ! +rep!!

07-16-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

Azumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant future
IGN: Nerdy
Class: All Nerdy Classes to_boxer
Level: All Nerdy lvs
Guild: Nerd(Pure)flux

You should re-name it to 'The Complete Guide' instead, because it covers pretty much everything.
It is really great I'm sure it will help others a lot! ^^

07-16-2012   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

^ I double that! Answered some questions that I wanted to know long time ago

07-16-2012   #18 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

Thanks for all your support.
@Puffe: I'll leave it at brief since I find it a bit ironic.
Given the fact plvling is seen as lazy, I find it rather fitting that you need to read a few thousand words on it.

@Infernal: If you have more questions let me know.

And anyone else, if there is a section you want me to complete before the others, let me know.

07-16-2012   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

methyl will become famous soon enough
IGN: Melynth
Class: Soul Master to_soulmaster
Level: 2xx
Guild: Ace of Spades

Very detailed guide. The spreadsheet would be very useful

07-20-2012   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Azhinal has a spectacular aura aboutAzhinal has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Azhinal
Class: Goat to_soulmaster
Level: 225

I think you should state that those prices are mainly Fantasia.