ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-20-2008   #1 (permalink)
I'm back from the void.

Kadmilos is on a distinguished road
Default [eTO] Private Server Development

This is a remake of the old thread on MT. But with a twist...
I'm part of a corporation named 'Link removed by NoeJeko'. We specialize in programming, coding and all that.
Now, after some discussions with the head of the corp (technically my boss) we have decided that we could work on a private server for Trickster Online. ...

News:

• We at Cruvenium Corporation will be releasing a free version of the source code after this project here is done. It will be avalable a week after this projects completion date.
  • We will also be releasing a VIP package - which will be our own source.
  • This will cost around $50 USD.
  • If you would like a NEW source, then it will cost you $80 USD
  • For an extra fee of $30 we will help set it up should you wish it.
Also:

Quote:
Developement for source will be priced in this way.

You pay 60% of the original price which will be a deposit, to prevent scamming in both parties. There will be a middleman to help out with the exchange. Be it VIP source or new source, it'll be 60% of it. Then, send it to our PayPal (we'll give it to you when you declare that you are requesting development for the source.) and we, Cruvenium Corporation will start developing right away. When we're finished, we'll then make a video with your source, using a specific hint inside the video to show that it's the source you want. Then, send the remainding to the middle man, and we'll pass the source to him. After that, the middle man will pass you your source, and we'll receive our money.

To do this we need one or more dedicated members of the eTO public who want to see a private server made to hire us. I have argued myself blue, so that all the staffers and consultants will contribute. I would like to know what you guys think.

If you would like to head a MOG team to help orgnise and help lift the work load then feel free, but we need a somebody to report to during the work.
We cannot give you a timerange, on how long it would take to complete.
If you would like to know more, please visit our Link removed by NoeJeko (we have just finished moving into these forums, so some of the information may be missing...)

Please put your interest to words, and post your name here. Any questions, feel free to ask... though I may not be able to answer them right away.

I make .gifs, would you like one? Click on her~

Last edited by NoeJeko; 06-22-2008 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Fixing Links.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-20-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Finika is on a distinguished road
IGN: FuzzyFur
Class: Scientist to_scientist

If anyone is interested, we also require that you officaly submit your request. You can do that at this address:

Link removed by NoeJeko

Thank you ^^

Last edited by NoeJeko; 06-22-2008 at 01:51 AM.

06-20-2008   #3 (permalink)
I'm back from the void.

Please keep track of the original post, as prices may change depending on certain circumstances.

Thank you.

06-21-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

lolwut?
your "corporation" is going to circumvent the law to make a private eTO server for profit? sounds like a solid business plan.
and then apparently your programmers are going to work for pennies- going to produce the whole thing for 50 dollars eh?
what reality are you living in?

06-21-2008   #5 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

From what I can see in your forum, it's fairly new. How can we be sure you'd be able to reverse engineer Trickster Online anyway? :T

06-21-2008   #6 (permalink)
I'm back from the void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
lolwut?
your "corporation" is going to circumvent the law to make a private eTO server for profit? sounds like a solid business plan.
and then apparently your programmers are going to work for pennies- going to produce the whole thing for 50 dollars eh?
what reality are you living in?
I appreciate your opinion, and see your point of view. But please, unless you have anything nice to say please refrain from saying it. We would not be circumventing the law, other than that I am not a liberty to say much more on that particular matter. The price? ...
I have argued myself blue to get the price drastically dropped from the normal fees, for the Mytrickster Community which is now the MOG community.

Thank you for your valued statement. I do not mean any disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicks
From what I can see in your forum, it's fairly new. How can we be sure you'd be able to reverse engineer Trickster Online anyway? :T

As of this moment I am not at liberty answer such a question fully other than to say that we are fairly confident we will be able to do so. Any other questions?

Thank you for your question.

Last edited by Kadmilos; 06-21-2008 at 01:05 AM.

06-21-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Tongs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tongs

do note that you can be charged for stealing the codes of the game.

Last edited by Tongs; 06-21-2008 at 06:30 AM.

06-21-2008   #8 (permalink)
I'm back from the void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongs
do note that you can be charged for stealing the codes of the game.
Yes. We are aware of this.

Last edited by Kadmilos; 06-21-2008 at 04:36 AM. Reason: typo..

06-21-2008   #9 (permalink)
Vinyl Side Up

AurorasParadox has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yes. We are aware of this.
Couldn't resist. Sorry.

Anyway, if you've realized this, why do you take the risk then?

edit: The person who've added the additional tags are so rude >.>

Last edited by AurorasParadox; 06-21-2008 at 04:36 AM.

06-21-2008   #10 (permalink)
I'm back from the void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurorasParadox
Couldn't resist. Sorry.

Anyway, if you've realized this, why do you take the risk then?
^Thanks for pointing that out
My personal answer: Believe it or not; I want to help this community.
Its about time a private server comes into play, at the very least to force Ntreev USA to do something about there own game... And I now have the tools to do so, that is I now am part of a larger group that will be able to make a private server a reality. And besides, why would they worry about little ol' me? (That is a joke btw)

My professional answer though is: We feel that there is a market here.

Answer enough?

Edit: I agree, who did that? Can they please be removed? Thank you.

Last edited by Kadmilos; 06-21-2008 at 04:37 AM.

06-21-2008   #11 (permalink)
Vinyl Side Up

AurorasParadox has disabled reputation

To each his/her own I guess.

Well all I've to say now is good luck.
Though I can't support you monetarily, I'll still support you. (because I kinda agree with you that nTreev needs to clean up their act)

06-21-2008   #12 (permalink)
I'm back from the void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurorasParadox
To each his/her own I guess.

Well all I've to say now is good luck.
Though I can't support you monetarily, I'll still support you. (because I kinda agree with you that nTreev needs to clean up their act)
Thank you for your support! When (or if..) somebody hires us for this job then you will be able to check progress at our forums. (A new section will be created for it once the all go's been given) I will also post a less comprehensive progress report in this thread aswell. So keep coming back to check!

Ntreev does need to clean up their act and hopefully our actions will show them this.

Any other questions?

Could somebody remove those rude tags?
Thank you.

06-21-2008   #13 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever is adding the rude tags, stop it. That is underhanded trolling. If you have something to say, post your point in a civilized manner.

Thanks.

06-21-2008   #14 (permalink)
I'm back from the void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
Whoever is adding the rude tags, stop it. That is underhanded trolling. If you have something to say, post your point in a civilized manner.

Thanks.
Thank you Catharsis. I owe ya one~

06-21-2008   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Katorskay is your worst nightmare!Katorskay is your worst nightmare!
Send a message via MSN to Katorskay

Well I'm sure you probably realize this, that all private servers for any game are illegal.
Even if you code it yourself.
If your using any thing of theirs at all it's considered copyright infringement.

So if you ever DO make a private server, make sure the final server files you make are for the public, so anyone can make a private server.
Some say if one is made we should keep it on the "down low" but if that was to happen, Ntreev would find out eventually and charge whoever made/is hosting it, however if it was made public for anyone to make a server, then Ntreev really can't do anything, because they can't charge everyone and take them to court, it would be to expensive on their part and not a wise business decision. (thus is how many other private servers for games were born)

But as i said you probably realize this.

Last edited by Katorskay; 06-21-2008 at 05:13 AM.

06-21-2008   #16 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames

You have to realize that this all sounds like a scam.

One of your links 404'd.

You proclaim to be able to create a eTO private server with only $50 to start with in under 5 weeks. (Your forum, which is almost completely empty, states you have the right to drop any project taking more than 5 weeks)

Your "corporation" is either very small or was just created--the forums are devoid of posts and there are no records of any of your projects. Not to mention the legal issues your project stirs up.

Also, it seems you at one time intended to make a Runescape private server, and was hiring--did that ever work out?

So you see, this would only be believable if you were a very small, budding "corporation" that is majorly funded.

Last edited by Guiles; 06-21-2008 at 06:35 AM. Reason: grammar and more grammar

06-21-2008   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

I'm sorry coming from actually working in the gaming industry- either you are 12 and have no concept of how much time these things take as well as minimum wage -_- or you think we are all 12 and can't see that you are asking for 50 dollars upfront (which i suppose for a kid would be a decent amount of money lol) while providing no information that would actually garner some sort of trust from your wouldbe "customers".
You believe there is a market here? Yet you are making a FREE private server for 200 dollars, I wouldn't make a freakin php script for someone for 200 dollars, that's equal to two weeks of work @ less than minimum wage. lol.

I'm sorry this reeks of scam and I can not in good consciousness not say anything. Provide proof and learn to accept that if you post something on an open forum replies will not all be nice.

06-21-2008   #18 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Once again people
count the RO private servers...
COUNT THEM

Thank you.

--Frenchbread is

06-21-2008   #19 (permalink)
I'm back from the void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanichi
Once again people
count the RO private servers...
COUNT THEM

Thank you.
Thank you so much for your very helpful comment! Finally somebody who supports this other than me and AurorasParadox..
Not being sarcastic by the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiles
You have to realize that this all sounds like a scam.

One of your links 404'd.

You proclaim to be able to create a eTO private server with only $50 to start with in under 5 weeks. (Your forum, which is almost completely empty, states you have the right to drop any project taking more than 5 weeks)

Your "corporation" is either very small or was just created--the forums are devoid of posts and there are no records of any of your projects. Not to mention the legal issues your project stirs up.

Also, it seems you at one time intended to make a Runescape private server, and was hiring--did that ever work out?

So you see, this would could only be believable if you were a very small, budding "corporation" that is majorly funded.
A) Corporation has been around for roughly two years now, yes it is small and has had many people through it in the past as employee's or clients and since the start of this year it has been growing at an exceptional rate I fund it out of my own pocket due to a slump we've had the last few months. Although you didn't need to know that I thought I would just tell you anyway.

Also, why not check the timestamps on the posts? That request was put in the day before yesterday or around about that. My team is doing research into it now, and will most likely get back to him later on today. However, this matter has nothing to do with the current subject of discussion, thanks! Also: What link was this?

We can refuse to offer our services if the project WILL take over five weeks, which means we can refuse the work only before the project is started on. Not after the first upfront payment has been made and not during the project. We see our projects through. As of now we cannot provide you with evidence of our previous works as due to poor management prior to my involvement with the team, most of the work was not recorded and went by word of mouth agreements.

B) Yes katorskay, We have thought about that. Thank you for your concern. We will release a news update about this matter after project has been completed.

C) Honestly, I have explained more than once now about why it is only 50$ upfront. Please read my other replies for my response concerning the money.

D) I am not a child, and if your all so damn uptight about me offering a LOW price then I'll up it to 1,000$ an hour of our time we waste making a private server! THEN would you complain about how low the price is? I think not.

... Look, we offer a low price for our own reasons. Some that do not concern any of you. You are free to think this is a scam but do not insult me by calling me a child. Do not insult me saying that I have no Idea. Because I do.

And 50$ is not a lot of money - (hell I make more watching television..), and as such because you feel it is such as scam the price of our service has just become unknown for now. We will release a range of values later on today.

I have posted on forums before, and I know what can happen when things are taken the wrong way. So I'm going to leave it at that. My comments are not meant to anger or upset anybody. But I would appreciate it if you all would back off and stop accusing me of a scam. Or whatever else you would like to accuse me of, I am here to help. A liaison between you (potential clients) and the corporation.

I hope this clears some of these matters up for you guys! Thanks for reading, and again: I do not intend to insult or even (god forbid) start flame's here, I merely want you to see the truth for what it is, and not for something you dream up in your heads.

Also: If you would like you can always refuse to hire us. We would not care should you choose this action. You may always hire us later once we have more (verified) clients using our forums. To prove that we're not scammers and all. Just throwing that out there.

Last edited by Kadmilos; 06-21-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Replied to Sanichi

06-21-2008   #20 (permalink)
I'm back from the void.

^ There, fixed the links.

^^

Edit: I'm off to bed now, I'll reply to posts after this tomorrow.

Thank you, and please remember to keep it civil guys! I don't want this thread closed.

Last edited by Kadmilos; 06-21-2008 at 06:59 AM.