ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-24-2011   #41 (permalink)
Insomnia
Games
Trickster OnlineRagnarok OnlineGunZGunbound

Demolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to behold

they just want people out of jobs ;-;. they want to ruin the economy of Trickster Online. lol

People who earn galders just to buy myshop. Gonna lose interest in investing galders.
People who recharges myshop to get galders. Not gonna recharge anymore.
Some people (like me) already buying lvl up gbs. lul.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-24-2011   #42 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watusi
they just want people out of jobs ;-;. they want to ruin the economy of Trickster Online. lol
Reminds me of players who play WoW and are FAR more addicted. Also reminds me of .hack for some reason.

06-24-2011   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Fantasy Earth ZeroVindictusLeague of LegendsTrickster Online

Erlik is on a distinguished road
IGN: Erlik
Class: Buffalo
Level: 1xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini
Reminds me of players who play WoW and are FAR more addicted. Also reminds me of .hack for some reason.

WoW doesn't have people selling cash points for in game money, though. The mounts are soul bound to whoever buys it, and there is a player-dependent economy with no admin/game master interference (they only interfere when someone hacks or exploits, of course).

:V Unless you were talking about people spending a lot of money in this game, then I can agree that WoW players pay a lot of money (because of dem subscription costs and dat addiction).

Last edited by Erlik; 06-24-2011 at 10:04 PM.

06-25-2011   #44 (permalink)
Insomnia
Games

Demolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
Or just being flat out moronic. You know that trolls just love attention, especially negative attention.

LOL @ pic nice. lmao.

Alright, I'll try advertising GGftw at Fantasia. But, isn't it illegal? or no?
(sorry, don't know anything about advertising other things things in trickster)

06-25-2011   #45 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.

Quote:
Alright, I'll try advertising GGftw at Fantasia. But, isn't it illegal? or no?
(sorry, don't know anything about advertising other things things in trickster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Interactive Terms of Use
You agree that you may not access or use the Services to:

7. Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any purpose, unless the Services or the Company expressly permits such messages.

4. No Promotion of Other Activities
Do not use the Forums in any way to promote or advertise any third party services, products, websites or organizations.
I'm not sure whether a website/forum counts as a service, but I highly doubt it, since it seems that these rules are mostly geared toward solicitation.

( `)
" Hay baybay ~ ♥ "
+ rep if I helped!

or at least say thank you.
I like thank yous.

Or don't, you jerk. ( - n-)

06-25-2011   #46 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

I would just spread it through friends, and have their friends tell their friends and so on. Eventually it'll spread more. If they need help with what items they need, send them to the wiki here, reason I joined gg at first was because I used the wiki.

06-25-2011   #47 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster

I should do what Mini did with MC and encourage the guys who are in Astro's guild to jump on ggFTW. *3*;; We could use more forum actives...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlik
:V Unless you were talking about people spending a lot of money in this game, then I can agree that WoW players pay a lot of money (because of dem subscription costs and dat addiction).
Exactly that, honeycakes. I don't know what WoW sells other then their subscription as I've never played it before and don't really care to, to be honest.

06-25-2011   #48 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games

X: Then again, looking at how much people spend, over the time people have played WoW(I know someone who's played since 2004 and has only spent about 1000 dollars or about 150 dollars a year) compared to people in Trickster (check out the how much have you spent thread)who have spent that amount of money in about three years, you can say that money-wise Tricksters are more addicted. Time wise, I would say is the same, since many people spend about 4 to 5 hours a day playing on WoW or Trickster, or some people just play all day.

tl;dr Some tricksters spend more than some WoW players on a money/time basis.

@Shini: Oh, also pardon me for the confusion, but what you quoted from Watusi and what you said, did not make sense. I also didn't think that WoW and Trickster could be comparable in the whole Myshop/Galder situation.

And if the GM's want to enforce this then let them, people are still going to spend or buy MyShop points. Just look at the thread talking about the Shoppers Frenzy event. Maybe if points were soulbound from the beginning, then this problem wouldn't have existed...

Last edited by Erlik; 06-25-2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: derp derp derp

06-25-2011   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

There will come a day when Trickster (and all MMO's, for that matter) won't matter to any of us anymore. For what it's worth, the GMs should really be thinking of ways to keep their existing players and enlarge their player base rather than driving us away. This is a pointless and stupid move they're pulling right now - simply stopping memos from being posted won't even eradicate scamming altogether. Not even enforcing this in their Terms of Use would mean anything. Players would simply find a way to circumvent the rule, as they have always done for all other rules, simply because cash shop trading is such an integral part of the game.

06-25-2011   #50 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

Quote:
Alright, I'll try advertising GGftw at Fantasia.

I think he disapproves.. 8D

06-25-2011   #51 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen

I think he disapproves.. 8D
I'd always hoped the GMs wouldn't take notice of this place. I wouldn't want them spying on us, even though they probably already do. :x

06-25-2011   #52 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
keep their existing players and enlarge their player base rather than driving us away. This is a pointless and stupid move they're pulling right now - simply stopping memos from being posted won't even eradicate scamming altogether. Not even enforcing this in their Terms of Use would mean anything.
:< I know what this is like. Lol. A game I used to play had a small playerbase, but then the GM's there just kept updating Cash Shop items instead of giving us long awaited classes like they promised. Drove lots of players away.

I think it's not just because of the scamming, but because someone higher up noticed a small dip in their profits.
Then the GM's got a talking to.

06-25-2011   #53 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

yanipopo has much to be proud ofyanipopo has much to be proud ofyanipopo has much to be proud ofyanipopo has much to be proud ofyanipopo has much to be proud ofyanipopo has much to be proud ofyanipopo has much to be proud ofyanipopo has much to be proud ofyanipopo has much to be proud ofyanipopo has much to be proud of
IGN: YANiPOPO
Class: A troll to_wizard
Level: 333
Guild: Ultimatum

Ip ban the gm's in here looooooooool

06-25-2011   #54 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

^ i lold. and enjoy your two bar +rep from me >:

06-25-2011   #55 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster Online

BulletPoint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to BulletPoint
IGN: PerfectPisces
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 2X
Guild: <<Firefly>>
Unhappy Which Server?

It could be because of your server which is it because in Jewelia no one ever gets that warning >.< if thats true I'm ruined cause I sell MyShop for money so I dont know what to do!

06-25-2011   #56 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter which server it is. It would be unjust to enforce such a "rule" to strictly one server and not the other.

06-26-2011   #57 (permalink)
Insomnia
Games

Guess this is SGi's way of saying, "we need more people to recharge, so we can get more money. Hence, why we can't fix the box update on the Trickster Client, and we can't fix the rankings."

06-26-2011   #58 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Deletris is a jewel in the roughDeletris is a jewel in the roughDeletris is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Alpha/Del/Elven/Lunaeris
Class: Buff/Bun/Kitty/Sheepie to_champion
Level: 400/281/252/217
Guild: Ecks. T.C

After reading all your opinions i think we're sort of missing the point.
I never read the ToU/ToS so I'm not too sure if its a bannable reason.

Sadly TO doesn't care about the players half as much as most of us would like to think. After all everything comes down to money.

You may all think they have implemented this rule to help prevent scamming. However why wouldn't they make a trading system? Simple. The five letter word, money. If they did something like that they would most likely lose profit and would lead to mass abuse in events that reward MS. Things would get chaotic.... I'm sure there would be other reasons as well~

Back to the selling/buying MS:
I do feel that by doing this TO is losing profit considering:

a) MS users sell myshop to make galaders for stuff like fuses/boss equips etc~
Consequence: People not recharging for this reason. As for boss equips and powerfuls that cost a lot of galaders people may want to spend a lot on refine powders (well me and i know a few others that go crazy on those powders and clearly if i couldn't afford one i wouldn't be spending half as much as i do in game. I know a few people that spend over 50k on powders alone and that including me)

b) Since TO hasn't been generous with their MS in events meaning you can't even get a equip with the amount given. Its rather hard to train in TO as you level because of that. I notice a lot of users in the end give in and buy MS with real money as they advance in level. (Once again its me)

c) the obvious usually people who sell MS spend a lot here and banning them would mean angering them and they might quit making TO lose more profit. People who buy them are usually fairly rich and both sides usually have quite a lot of friends. All it becomes quite a lot of drama as people quit for their friends and all.

Honestly, TO players have been selling MS for the longest time and i think its a little late to do something about it :3

I'm getting more and more annoyed with TO by the day there were times i took long hiatus breaks and now all I'm doing is afking drilling. A lot of people have quit with TO's recklessness. I still remember the time when severs were full now the only time where you'd see that is after the pop event when rewards have been given out.

Oh and if you think you're safe selling or buying here think again. Not so longer ago they said that gms check and read things here. Might end up like gaia.

Last edited by Deletris; 06-26-2011 at 10:04 PM.