ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-02-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Caustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud of
IGN: BigBear
Class: Raccoon now to_raccoon
Level: Fantasia:132
Cool Petition for 1st job back to using cape

Here is the link on the official Trickster forum, please guys help me to convince the GMs to let us wear those capes again as 1st job form. ;-;
[Petition]Allow 1st job form to wear cape again. - Trickster Online Revolution

by Rydia~

Last edited by Caustic; 06-02-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-02-2011   #2 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

Not ALL capes were wearable - but I definately support this.. <3 1st job Focksay :3

Idk why they don't allow this at all, they'd make more money from people buying fashion for 1st aswell >:

06-02-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Caustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
Not ALL capes were wearable - but I definately support this.. <3 1st job Focksay :3

Idk why they don't allow this at all, they'd make more money from people buying fashion for 1st aswell >:
I agree, everyone I know that own these capes bought like tons of fashion , have you realized that 1st job is the one with more fashion of all?

by Rydia~

06-02-2011   #4 (permalink)
DTF
Games
Trickster OnlineLuniaDragon SagaLa Tale
Awards MoM Award

Location: south of the north pole and north of the south pole
kale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kale15

capes were never meant to be wearable in first job, they were specifically designed to be a 2nd job/3rd job equip. You have a tough sell to make as this was basically a glitch that allowed you to wear some capes in first job, and you are asking them to re-add a glitch. They might not even know how to make it so capes can be worn in 1st job, as they were never designed to be.

06-02-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ok I understand that kale, I know it was a kind of glitch, but is it really that bad? I mean c'mon it's not like we're abusing a glitch to take advantage, like the Tempering/Mature Coumpounding glitch that occured in the past, is just fashion for god sake! I bet they make a good profit coming from myshop fashion, since this is a very teasing visually game.
What's wrong about being able to wear cape as 1st job form? I'm pretty sure it won't make any harm to the game..

by Rydia~

Last edited by Caustic; 06-02-2011 at 03:26 PM.

06-02-2011   #6 (permalink)
roflcopter
Games
Dragon Nest

mclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to all
IGN: dun tell
Class: Human wearing animal clothes
Level: -1
Guild: TBA
Xfire: Xfire is gay i use FRAPS

Capes are not for 1st jobbers, but seeing the fact my kitty looks cuter in 1st job, i will support this petition.

06-02-2011   #7 (permalink)
DTF
Games
Awards MoM Award

kale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic
Ok I understand that kale, I know it was a kind of glitch, but is it really that bad? I mean c'mon it's not like we're abusing a glitch to take advantage, like the Tempering/Mature Coumpounding glitch that occured in the past, is just fashion for god sake! I bet they make a good profit coming from myshop fashion, since this is a very teasing visually game.
What's wrong about being able to wear cape as 1st job form? I'm pretty sure it won't make any harm to the game..
but you are still asking them for a glitch, a string of code they can't control. it might cause problems they can't control, like causing everyone to EE when a 1st jobber equips a cape, like the nuke bottle glitch back in beta. I like the idea, just don't act like because it was, it should be, as it was never designed that way.

06-06-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

pho20 is on a distinguished road

I agree, I like how lions look in first job but sadly I cant equip my shiny 4g cape to make it look more "pro" :3. People are bringing up that there will be glitches, BUT, what if you get to second job and theres a quest with louis bitton that enables cape equip function for any classes?

06-06-2011   #9 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Eh... good luck with that. As much as I like 1st job looks and even bought some fashion for them, I pretty much agree with Kale about asking them to basically bringing the glitch back.

And I like wearing capes, I like having my capes being shown (especially Kani's Inferno cape... >3>; ). I even like seeing them when I lay my chars down. I dunno, I'm weird like that. That and I'm mostly on 3rd job look, so...

But good luck. :O

06-06-2011   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.

Quote:
Please explain why they shouldn't be allowed, aside from the not-very-helpful-automated-response "It was never meant to be". Did it make the game explode or something, like Ghost Blue did? Or did it do something insignificant like make an NPC sprite displaced by a pixel?

And is it going to be that hard to change or to put into the "revolution" to do list? And by that, I mean is it absolutely, definitely, and ultimately IMPOSSIBLE (or time consuming) to fix? Since the entire point of the DNA update is to change the less-appealing aspects of the game, and responding to simple and harmless suggestions with "It was never meant to be" seems extremely hypocritical..
I'm certainly not the only one that's curious as to what this game breaking cataclysmic glitch is.

And I know that almost nothing is gained by asking what the glitch is, since I don't think anybody aside from the developers know what it is, but the same can be said for an equally pointless shut down towards a perfectly good idea.

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 06-06-2011 at 07:26 PM.

06-06-2011   #11 (permalink)
DTF
Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenofEden
I'm certainly not the only one that's curious as to what this game breaking cataclysmic glitch is.

And I know that almost nothing is gained by asking what the glitch is, since I don't think anybody aside from the developers know what it is, but the same can be said for an equally pointless shut down towards a perfectly good idea.
The glitch was that you could equip capes while in 1st job form, the developers made capes so you couldn't equip them while in 1st job form (I don't know why,something about storyline).

It's like when you buy a soda from a vending machine and it gives you an extra one free. when certain capes were able to be equipped in first job form, that was the extra soda. They patched and the glitch popped out with the update. Wasn't suppose to happen, but it did and it was awesome. The reason they remove glitches is because they can cause other glitches.

I like the idea, but it needs to be sold better. There's a reason it's this way, I may not know why, but it is. So the argument needs to be shaped differently then "you screwed up, screw up again!" This would be a great time to make this argument as kTO is adding cape sets (like the face and head accessory sets), so now would be a great time to make a good and compelling argument for it.

06-06-2011   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kale15
The glitch was that you could equip capes while in 1st job form, the developers made capes so you couldn't equip them while in 1st job form (I don't know why,something about storyline).

It's like when you buy a soda from a vending machine and it gives you an extra one free. when certain capes were able to be equipped in first job form, that was the extra soda. They patched and the glitch popped out with the update. Wasn't suppose to happen, but it did and it was awesome. The reason they remove glitches is because they can cause other glitches.

I like the idea, but it needs to be sold better. There's a reason it's this way, I may not know why, but it is. So the argument needs to be shaped differently then "you screwed up, screw up again!" This would be a great time to make this argument as kTO is adding cape sets (like the face and head accessory sets), so now would be a great time to make a good and compelling argument for it.
What I mean is that what are the repercussions for allowing this minor glitch to exist? I do know that we're not supposed to be able to equip capes during our first job forms, but other than that, what are the flaws? I realize that I was being ambiguous about what I meant, and I apologize for that.

Other glitches being? Which is what I'm stressing. What are the other glitches, and are they so harmful that they need to completely eliminate the feature and all of its pixelly goodness from the face of the interwebs? Revolution is meant for change (changing and creating previously nonexistent and essentially "not supposed to be there" content), and it was marketed to make the users happy. Well you can change it, and it will make us happy. So .. please? I would at least give it consideration. And not to mention that changing anything within the game at all can create glitches. One off target stroke of the keyboard can equate to an entire missing map. And I'm sure if they're competent enough to avoid that, they can apply a very simple equipment feature from pre-existing coding (i.e. 2nd job & 3rd job being able to equip).

Argument..? Well.. I guess they should implement it because people would like it? And it would encourage more people to buy and use 1st job fashion if they weren't crippled by the lack of a cape. But you may be right that there could be a serious and deciding reason as to why it is this way... but maybe not. o_o;

( ˇ`´ˇ)
" Hay baybay ~ ♥ "
+ rep if I helped!

or at least say thank you.
I like thank yous.

Or don't, you jerk. ( - n-)

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 06-06-2011 at 10:30 PM.

06-07-2011   #13 (permalink)
DTF
Games
Awards MoM Award

When I say the allowing 1st jobs to equip capes might cause other glitches, I'm envisioning thing something more like when a person in first job form tries to equip a cape they EE themselves and everyone within range of them.

Back when eTO was new there was a glitch with advanced empty potion bottles so that when you dropped one it would EE everyone within range of it, it was called the nuke bottle glitch. The way they fixed the glitch was to make so advanced potion bottles were coded they way they were designed. Now if restoring this glitch causes a cape to become a "nuke cape", the only way to fix it might be to stop 1st job from being able to equip capes again, and everything would be back point "A" again.

Don't suggest an old glitch, suggest a new feature.

06-07-2011   #14 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to have to agree with Kale. My main reasoning? You aren't supposed to be able to wear capes in first job anyways. That's just how it is. Sure, it was great and everyone liked it, but it's not supposed to be there. It's like a Boxer wearing a Warrior second job ring or a Cat wearing her third job accessory in second job form, great and everyone would like it, but it's just not supposed to be that way.

Aside from EEs, I can think of another "glitch." You don't even see the cape when wearing it in first job. Yes small, minor, and unimportant, but that furthers the point that you're not even supposed to be able to wear them in first job.

Now, if you could always wear capes in first job (all capes, not just the select 4g and Roan capes) and it was a recognized feature of the game and they had removed it, I'd be all on board for trying to get them back, however it's not supposed to be like that, therefore I side with Kale and SGI.

06-09-2011   #15 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

Pop Leaf Capes are now tradeable again!

06-09-2011   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Gamma is a glorious beacon of lightGamma is a glorious beacon of lightGamma is a glorious beacon of lightGamma is a glorious beacon of lightGamma is a glorious beacon of lightGamma is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Solitudity
Class: Fatty Duke to_gambler
Level: 327

Idk if this is old or new?
But I'm able to equip capes in 1st job now?

06-09-2011   #17 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Rydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rydia Send a message via MSN to Rydia
IGN: *Rydia*
Class: Cat. I'm a kitty cat. And I meow meow meow and I meow meow meow. to_cat
Level: DEAD
Guild: Révolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma
Idk if this is old or new?
But I'm able to equip capes in 1st job now?

Well I still can't wear the few I tried, including my inferno. D: Did you have that cape fused to a 1st job cape before the change? Because those capes can still be worn.

06-09-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Gamma is a glorious beacon of lightGamma is a glorious beacon of lightGamma is a glorious beacon of lightGamma is a glorious beacon of lightGamma is a glorious beacon of lightGamma is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Solitudity
Class: Fatty Duke to_gambler
Level: 327

Oh yea.. I did..
My bad :x

Sorry people, false alarm D:

06-10-2011   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

parudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if the petition is going to be any good....I assume to change the system Korean trickster has to be updated first and I doubt they'd want that change.....

06-10-2011   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La TaleLuna OnlineTrickster OnlinezOMG!

Mathemagician will become famous soon enough
IGN: PrincessCelestia
Class: Seductress Queen, bby. (Sheep) to_soulmaster

DO WANT! My nub dragon in 1st job form looks awesome with orange hair, but the lack of cape makes me ouch...

I just wonder why capes in 1st job isn't allowed. It's like how you can't take off your ears until you're level 20. Or can you now? I dunno, it was when I tried it a few years ago. But it's like that.