ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-01-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
MapleStoryPangyaTrickster OnlineEden Eternal

MrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant future
IGN: Phanphyz
Class: Fat Head lt_bard
Level: 1
Guild: {StalkasRUs}
Default Good thing or just a coincidence?

so i've been thinking about all that's going on in myshop and ingame and prices
could SGI possibly be trying to stabilize the economy by releasing super gacha coins repeatedly (twice in a row) to stabilize the prices of 4g cards that have been going up a lot? i also noticed boss uniques are dropping so much more often now even if the event already ended. could this be how SGI is helping us stabilize the economy? is it possible that they aren't the big-bad company that we (at least i) thought they were? just a thought ^_^ been noticing lots of prices go down in game and more supply and less demand
so is this just a coincidence or are they actually trying to help?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-01-2011   #2 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAion

Kirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Gladiyeytor

I've seen people vend CF 185's for as low as 230k today.

-Lt.Commander Yonem Kirks, African Zeon Remnants

06-01-2011   #3 (permalink)
roflcopter
Games
Dragon Nest

mclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to all
IGN: dun tell
Class: Human wearing animal clothes
Level: -1
Guild: TBA
Xfire: Xfire is gay i use FRAPS

Good thing for buyers, 'WTH is this i dont even..' for sellers.
Thats economy.Things bound to rise and depreciate every now and then. Live with it

Suggestion: it may be risky but you can leave some items e.g. cf 185 in the bank to rot. When their prices rise again, just sell em all. I actually kept a bsword in my bank since 2009(wasnt on9 in 2010 due to network stuff and this and that) and i resold it for 500m. originally it was worth 250mish. It may be worth a shot but keep in mind that the items may never bcome that expensive again(e.g. soil stone used to be 5m+ in 2008 but now, around 1m)

Last edited by mclericp; 06-01-2011 at 03:29 AM.

06-01-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

vochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to all
IGN: quit
Class: Gladiator to_mercenary
Level: 280

It's just an excuse to make the pets more rare now super gacha's are out. They just keep releasing old stuff old gacha and people are buying it so in the end they make more money. You can blame the merchants for screwing up the economy.

Last edited by vochtigepoesje; 06-01-2011 at 04:20 AM.

06-01-2011   #5 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie Wawa
Level: 27
Guild: ladybug

don't make sgi/ntreev change it.

the players need to stop being so selfish.

06-01-2011   #6 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

I saw someone trying to sell MS at 1k = 25mil yesterday, pay first... I whispered them because I was so outraged at their price (I didn't want any though), and they simply replied with ''you're jealous I have MS and you don't'' o_O

People just need to turn their noses up at things and say NO when something is overpriced, no matter how much you want it. I turned my nose up at atleast 6 Nocturnal Shields, all over 200mil, atleast 3 going to 300mil, and I finally got the 2 shields I wanted in the end for 150mil each just by saying no and I was the only buyer at that time...

People just have to play tactics and learn to say no srsly, there are people I know in-game that straight up offer 400mil for a Nocturnal Shield simply because they're not bothered to haggle and they can just sell MS for easy money :/

I think it's just coincidence though, I don't see 4G prices going down at all anytime soon, if anything I've seen them going up again in the past few weeks..

06-01-2011   #7 (permalink)
If I don't look down.
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsDofus
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Verse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Linverse
Class: A nab. to_sheep
Level: Check it in-game.
Guild: *~M.C~*

This is because, ALL of our prices are going high, so pretty much all people needs to sell overprice just to buy certain things.

I r Bulletproof~

06-01-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

MrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPinky
so i've been thinking about all that's going on in myshop and ingame and prices
could SGI possibly be trying to stabilize the economy by releasing super gacha coins repeatedly (twice in a row) to stabilize the prices of 4g cards that have been going up a lot? i also noticed boss uniques are dropping so much more often now even if the event already ended. could this be how SGI is helping us stabilize the economy? is it possible that they aren't the big-bad company that we (at least i) thought they were? just a thought ^_^ been noticing lots of prices go down in game and more supply and less demand
so is this just a coincidence or are they actually trying to help?
Did you guys read it......
lols but you can't deny that 4g5 used to sell for around 600m in game (i saw a few sell for this much) and now there's 4g5's for 510m that aren't selling
blood shields that may or may not be selling at 100m
noticed that everything's SLOWLY going down and slowly stabilizing though people try to sell for more, it isn't happening?
gacha pets for 15m fused?

And yeah, it's ultimately up to the buyers to stimulate this economy because people in game are desperate (like how i accidentally bought that nereus staff for 210m because I've been looking for awhile) and people just need to learn how to say no to stuff that they KNOW people are trying to sell for way more than they are worth

06-01-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
I saw someone trying to sell MS at 1k = 25mil yesterday, pay first... I whispered them because I was so outraged at their price (I didn't want any though), and they simply replied with ''you're jealous I have MS and you don't'' o_O

ROFLMFAO....
your jealous cuz dat person has myshop....oh now dat real funny...I know your not really jealous just to let you know...

but um...yea...so I guss I am not the only one who notice the Super Gacha Coin is still in myshop XD...I say it gonna be gone in the summer or something cuz it must just be a seasonal thing...

06-01-2011   #10 (permalink)

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you guys read it......
I did answer you o3o

I just don't see anything going down IMO.. -coughMStogodownpls-

06-01-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
I did answer you o3o

I just don't see anything going down IMO.. -coughMStogodownpls-
not MS, other things and i think people who sell MS have the right to charge what they do charge, but it's up to the buyers to set the bar for MS rates (what sells or not) because MS is rl money and galder and pixels don't really measure up to actually buying something in rl in my opinion

06-01-2011   #12 (permalink)

So you don't really care that MS is heading to be 25mil = 1k? I said it'll be 20mil = 1k very soon, 2 weeks ago when it was 1k = 13mil..

It'll be 1k = 40mil soon

06-01-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Degoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to behold
IGN: shenni??
Class: HL lt_warrior

Quote:
MS is rl money and galder and pixels don't really measure up to actually buying something in rl
I beg to differ. People tend to spend money on a hobby. Whether it means to pay for the swimming entrance, for the clothes that you buy, even the electricity you pay to watch TV or to spend money on a game to get some awesome equipments and have a pleasant gameplay. It's all the same thing - it's called a paying for a hobby.
Isn't everyone free to decide whats really worth to spend for and what not? I honestly don't really see why people say 'Myshop is worthless. Pixels are pixels.'. Sure, you can't live on Myshop points but it's not like you purchase Myshop points when you're not even able to buy necessaries.

And I also agree with Vixen. Are you saying that 1 Dollar can be up to 50m Galders and that'd be just alright, because 50m Galders aren't worth a dollar? You can buy a ball of ice cream or cheap newletters for one dollar, if you rather that.

Last edited by Degoutant; 06-01-2011 at 02:19 PM.

06-01-2011   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

What i'm saying is people can decide to sell for 40m/1k but people don't have to buy it >_>
Not that i don't care, but i do get MS for myself and not sell it because i dont really think it's worth the galders
what if i put a bb 100m/1k, it doesn't mean myshop is 100m/1k, that's just the price i'm selling it for. now, that is greedy, but greed is sometimes what drives the market. entrepreneurship is BASED on greed, which is getting more money.
if you think that galders > real dollars, then that's fine. but i dont because i spend for this game just like any other person but i honestly don't think galders are worth the dollar because when i spend $20 or $40 for this game, that's $20 or $40 i can't use in real life
if you spend for clothes or swimming, then you're using that in the physical world, not in virtual world. virtual world things can just be generated with pixels while real world things (EX: swimming suit- someone made this with their hands or a machine, or spent time thinking of a design) while in trickster, game designers just pass around an image of an item and you pay hundreds of dollars to get that when you turn your computer off, it's useless.
it just isn't worth it to me sometimes but you're entitled to your opinion.

06-01-2011   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La TaleLuna OnlineTrickster OnlinezOMG!

Mathemagician will become famous soon enough
IGN: PrincessCelestia
Class: Seductress Queen, bby. (Sheep) to_soulmaster

@ Pinky and Degout, you both have valid points. Pixels are just pixels, but some people choose to spend their money on this stuff, which is respectable, since they invest time into this game, and what good is wasting time on something if you're not good at it and probably won't get any better UNLESS you spend some money on it? And anyway, money is a lot less valuable than time.

on topic:

Now, I have one question: Why would SGI help the market instead of choosing to make more cha-ching? I know and you all know, if I owned a major gaming company, I really would put my own money gain before the player's gaming experience, and I would use the the player's gaming experience to my advantage by creating myshop that costs a bit.

It sounds extremely greedy, I know, but people have to make green. Put yourself in their shoes. It's just the truth. SGI is playing it smart. They know that the Gacha Town pets, being in high demand, cost at the very least 3 gacha coins. And that's just a CHANCE at getting a single pet, and if you do get a pet, it may not be the one that you want, and if you do get the pet that you want, what if you want more for your other characters? It's all a big gamble for the players, but whatever happens, if you purchase the points to get the coins, the company always gets money. Just a fact. This sale really doesn't mean much, it's just to raise the demand, making the income higher than average since more people will buy.

off topic: I'm seeing club penguin ads everywhere.

06-01-2011   #16 (permalink)
DTF
Games
Trickster OnlineLuniaDragon SagaLa Tale
Awards MoM Award

Location: south of the north pole and north of the south pole
kale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kale15

Quote:
if you spend for clothes or swimming, then you're using that in the physical world, not in virtual world. virtual world things can just be generated with pixels while real world things (EX: swimming suit- someone made this with their hands or a machine, or spent time thinking of a design) while in trickster, game designers just pass around an image of an item and you pay hundreds of dollars to get that when you turn your computer off, it's useless.
I'm gonna stop you there and maybe side step this thread as it's a eTO economy thread, and I'm not a part of the eTO economy, but:

you don't seem to understand how a MS game works that much so I'm going to explain it to you as best I can. When you buy Myshop you are not actually buying myshop. You are basically donating an amount of money to the game company to continue running their game, and in exchange for your donation they give you an amount of virtual credits to spend on special items in their game. When you buy myshop you are paying the people that designed this game, coded it so you can play it, and maintain it's existence, and as a thank you for your donation they give you those points.

You are paying for the game, and get myshop points as a gift with purchase.

Last edited by kale15; 06-02-2011 at 01:53 PM.

06-02-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Degoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to behold
IGN: shenni??
Class: HL lt_warrior

"and i think people who sell MS have the right to charge what they do charge"
I understand from that statement, that you think it's okay to charge 40m, 50m or even 100m, doesn't matter, as long as it's higher than we were used to.

Quote:
Not that i don't care, but i do get MS for myself and not sell it because i dont really think it's worth the galders
But it's actually the same thing? How couldn't it be worth the galders? I thought you can buy everything ingame with the right amount of galders?
Galders are pixels and so are those Myshop items, in a subjective way. Both you can't use in real life. I don't really get your statement why the galders wouldn't be worth the myshop.

Quote:
if you think that galders > real dollars, then that's fine. but i dont because i spend for this game just like any other person but i honestly don't think galders are worth the dollar because when i spend $20 or $40 for this game, that's $20 or $40 i can't use in real life
I did not say "galders > real dollars", I said that galders [can be] = myshop [which you purchase with $]
Also, I don't think you understood my point.
What I was trying to say is, we all pay for a certain hobby, whether in "physical world or virtual world". I give you an example: I like going swimming so, I pay for the (entrance and) swimming suit in order to swim in the pool, on the other hand other people may don't enjoy swimming and rather buy Myshop items to enjoy.
Now if I go home from swimming, I also don't have a use for the swimming suit anymore until I go swimming again. Paying money for an "image item" ingame, I say, is just the same: You pay a few dollars, get the item and enjoy it "but the item is useless when you're offline", though only 'till you come online again.

And I repeat myself, everyone is free to decide what's worth to buy and what not, because everyone have different hobbies or different things that they enjoy.
I could be wrong but from what I understand is, you say it's worthless to purchase Myshop via real money, yet you still do... that sounds a little like a hypocrite, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathemagician
people choose to spend their money on this stuff, which is respectable, since they invest time into this game, and what good is wasting time on something if you're not good at it and probably won't get any better UNLESS you spend some money on it? And anyway, money is a lot less valuable than time.
That's right, people choose it, because they want to enjoy the game [that's for what games are for btw.] even if it means to pay money on that, regardless to become stronger or just the want of some cute stuff, I don't see any problem with that.
Though, you say "wasting time on something if you're not good at it", what is the meaning of "wasting time" for you? Is it really a waste of time to play a game, even though you're not strong?

Last edited by Degoutant; 06-03-2011 at 12:32 AM.

06-02-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La TaleLuna OnlineTrickster OnlinezOMG!

Mathemagician will become famous soon enough
IGN: PrincessCelestia
Class: Seductress Queen, bby. (Sheep) to_soulmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degoutant
That's right, people choose it, because they want to enjoy the game [that's for what games are for btw.] even if it means to pay money on that, regardless to become stronger or just the want of some cute stuff, I don't see any problem with that.
Though, you say "wasting time on something if you're not good at it", what is the meaning of "wasting time" for you? Is it really a waste of time to play a game, even though you're not strong?
I meant something along the lines of "having fun". If you're not having fun and the game feels incredibly hard, to me, it's not that fun anymore. Some people like challenges, and I do too, but if it's just impossible, there's no point. :/ (like trying to kill some bosses that have COMPLETE RESISTANCE OVER MAGIC Q.Q)

And, in playing Trickster, doing quests and killing monsters makes you stronger, which is one of the objects of the game.

But there is a point in playing even though you're not so strong, because, above all, it's entertaining. You get a sort of feeling of accomplishment over being strong, right? Which is one of the kicks in playing Trickster.

06-03-2011   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

too lazy to read all of that, it's late x.x but i'll read the first statement
people have the RIGHT to charge what they want to charge. it's up to the people if they'll buy it or not, those are ultimately what makes the market. the buyers, not the sellers. >_>

so if i charged 100m/k would you buy it? no, you wouldn't. neither would anyone else, i'm guessing. so then what's the harm? it isn't raising the market because no one's actually BUYING them. it's not considered a legitimate prices unless someone actually buys it

for example: before, myshop rates were 7-8m/k at the MOST
then, when someone got desperate and bought for 10m/k , the market RAISED. people have been selling myshop for a heck of a lot higher than that before, but it doesn't mean people actually buy it. thus, the "flat rate" or "usual rate" doesn't increase.

if someone puts up a shop with a sakurako hairpin for 5b (not possible, i know, just an example) does that mean said item is automatically worth 5b? no. people can ask whatever price they want, but doesn't mean they'll get it. the point of selling an item is both sides get what they want. in this case, no side gets what they want because the item is too expensive. so it doesn't affect the market.

so yeah, i think it's "okay" because they have a right to ask what they want for said item or number of myshop points

06-03-2011   #20 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie Wawa
Level: 27
Guild: ladybug

For myshop...It's also the sellers fault.

If they see someone buying for higher, they're obviously gonna go for it, even if they know it's going to mess up the economy more. Atleast that's how I see it.

And it's not just about the seller, good sellers try to do better deals for their buyers. Customer is always right. something like that. It counts for this too.