ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Eudemons Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

7.0

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-03-2011   #21 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,750
iTrader: (59)
Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond
Default

What I'm trying to say is Pinky, MS prices WILL eventually go to 1k = 40mil because sellers see other people going for higher [said people have sold 1k = 20mil recently =_=)

If people are desperate, they WILL offer more.

-Bump- 13mil=1k? -Bump- 14mil=1k? -Bump- 15mil=1k? -Bump-

Until they get a seller, and the maximum price a person will use determines the market value all together lol
__________________
vicksy & espioe foreber and eber ♥
웃❤유
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-03-2011   #22 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Torikakae's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In An Epic Battle
Posts: 5,332
Blog Entries: 17
iTrader: (12)
Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
What I'm trying to say is Pinky, MS prices WILL eventually go to 1k = 40mil because sellers see other people going for higher [said people have sold 1k = 20mil recently =_=)

If people are desperate, they WILL offer more.

-Bump- 13mil=1k? -Bump- 14mil=1k? -Bump- 15mil=1k? -Bump-

Until they get a seller, and the maximum price a person will use determines the market value all together lol
Not necessarily.

True that there are people willing to go that high, but their numbers are few and far in between. So what if there are some people willing to pay for 40m/1k? If there are only 10 of them and they only buy like once every 6 months, no sane seller would hold out on that high of a rate, else they won't make any profit for at least 6 months. Not to mention, it would really really be hard to catch those elusive high-rate buyers actually buying.
__________________
Click here for more Buffalo hotness <3
PM me for password ^_~ 2000+ Buff pics!! ~ 07-24-11

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~
 
06-03-2011   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
MidnightSnack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 347
iTrader: (1)
MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.
Guild: Astro Blitz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settie
For myshop...It's also the sellers fault.

If they see someone buying for higher, they're obviously gonna go for it, even if they know it's going to mess up the economy more. Atleast that's how I see it.

And it's not just about the seller, good sellers try to do better deals for their buyers. Customer is always right. something like that. It counts for this too.
First, who's buying and who's selling? I can easily see this as me buying your galder with my Myshop. They're both forms of currency. So no, whether or not the "customer is always right", there is no established "customer".

Not everyone buys Myshop just to sell it or to cater to the buyer's needs (or much rather, selfish desires). It's for a profit. And if I find that plainly using my myshop on myself to be more profitable, I'd do it instead of selling it to you.

Lowering your prices just sake of the buyer doesn't make you a good seller. It makes you a stupid person.

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 06-03-2011 at 01:54 PM.
 
06-03-2011   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
MidnightSnack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 347
iTrader: (1)
MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.
Guild: Astro Blitz
Default

And yes, maybe 200m per 1k is unfair to YOU.

But if it's at that price at all (meaning people are selling it for that high AND buying it for that high), then that's exactly fair because that's how the economy works. One transaction-- hell, dozens of transactions for ANY price doesn't automatically set the rate and there IS no set rate, never will be. It all depends on supply and demand.

It might seem absurd right now. But that's completely irrelevant, because right now does not apply to the future. And if it happens, it happens. Just because you take hours to get 200m, doesn't mean everyone else does/will.


And don't even kid. There are people that can make 200m in their sleep.
Can I do that with Myshop? No. Can anyone do that with myshop? No.

And it irritates me that some people (soon to be many) can make galder, effortlessly.

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 06-03-2011 at 02:14 PM.
 
06-03-2011   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Caramel's Avatar
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLunia
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 144
iTrader: (6)
Caramel is a glorious beacon of lightCaramel is a glorious beacon of lightCaramel is a glorious beacon of lightCaramel is a glorious beacon of lightCaramel is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Kataryne.
Class: Bunny. to_schoolgirl
Level: 14x/13x
Guild: *~Mirage Coordinator~*
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenofEden
Lowering your prices just sake of the buyer doesn't make you a good seller. It makes you a stupid person.
That's your opinion.
I would consider people good sellers if they lowered the price. It wouldn't make them stupid either, it just means they aren't consumed by greed.
__________________


Thank you Timer for the siggy!
Duelist ~ 14x/13x
 
06-03-2011   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
MidnightSnack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 347
iTrader: (1)
MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.
Guild: Astro Blitz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel
Morally speaking and missing the point.
Therefore people who give things out for free are the best types of sellers.
And anyone who sells for any higher are worse sellers than they are.

Right.



And since I'm morally obligated as a seller to ask for absolutely nothing (or essentially less) in return,
instead of buying Myshop for you, I'm just going to go donate to my local charity.

Because, you know, asking for what I want for my property, obviously, makes me a greedy and devious person (or seller).

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 06-03-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Sorry if it sounds like I'm just BLEEDING sarcasm, but it feels like I'm speaking in a different language here.
 
06-03-2011   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Caramel's Avatar
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLunia
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 144
iTrader: (6)
Caramel is a glorious beacon of lightCaramel is a glorious beacon of lightCaramel is a glorious beacon of lightCaramel is a glorious beacon of lightCaramel is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Kataryne.
Class: Bunny. to_schoolgirl
Level: 14x/13x
Guild: *~Mirage Coordinator~*
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenofEden
Therefore people who give things out for free are the best types of sellers.
And anyone who sells for any higher are worse sellers than they are.

Right.



And since I'm morally obligated as a seller to ask for absolutely nothing (or essentially less) in return,
instead of buying Myshop for you, I'm just going to go donate to my local charity.

Because, you know, asking for what I want for my property obviously makes me a greedy and devious person (or seller).
In that world pigs are flying, I'm burping rainbows and there's no difference between being greedy and making a living. :] Right?
__________________


Thank you Timer for the siggy!
Duelist ~ 14x/13x
 
06-03-2011   #28 (permalink)
twerk
Special
Tardar's Avatar
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 7,490
Blog Entries: 54
iTrader: (2)
Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I have to agree with Eden. While the catering to the customer is always ideal, there are situations where you just have to ignore what the customer says and be successful. Following to what Eden responded to Caramel, the customer will almost always want something free. If you did like a day of giving everyone a free 5k MyShop, that's smart, customers will like you. Always giving away 5k MyShop, not so much. Now there is a limit to which you can ignore the customer. You can't always be like "Screw you, I'm gonna sell my MyShop for 100m whether you like it or not!" or else you won't have any customers. However, you can't say "Okay! You can buy my MyShop for 10k!" then you won't make any money. You both (customer and vendor) have to make a compromise.

EDIT:
@Caramel: To "make a living" in Trickster, with the current prices you would have to sell them at the jacked up rates they are approaching. I mean, the prices are high not because people are greedy, it's because people are getting careless and soft as Vicky implied. People don't know how to say 'no' because they're desperate and want x-item so badly that they're willing to pay whatever (simply because they can make that money back).
__________________
self potato

Last edited by Tardar; 06-03-2011 at 03:41 PM.
 
06-03-2011   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
MidnightSnack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 347
iTrader: (1)
MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.
Guild: Astro Blitz
Default

Communist ideologies, aside. Lovely, but not going to happen. Greed exists in all sides of a capitalistic economy.
And if you're going to play that off as an opinion, feel free to consult professional economists.

Anyway, I'm just sounding like a broken record, so I'm just going to say that arguments solely based on morality are crooked, biased, and utterly irrelevant to the discussion.

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 06-03-2011 at 03:58 PM.
 
06-03-2011   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Caramel's Avatar
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLunia
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 144
iTrader: (6)
Caramel is a glorious beacon of lightCaramel is a glorious beacon of lightCaramel is a glorious beacon of lightCaramel is a glorious beacon of lightCaramel is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Kataryne.
Class: Bunny. to_schoolgirl
Level: 14x/13x
Guild: *~Mirage Coordinator~*
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji
I have to agree with Eden. While the catering to the customer is always ideal, there are situations where you just have to ignore what the customer says and be successful. Following to what Eden responded to Caramel, the customer will almost always want something free. If you did like a day of giving everyone a free 5k MyShop, that's smart, customers will like you. Always giving away 5k MyShop, not so much. Now there is a limit to which you can ignore the customer. You can't always be like "Screw you, I'm gonna sell my MyShop for 100m whether you like it or not!" or else you won't have any customers. However, you can't say "Okay! You can buy my MyShop for 10k!" then you won't make any money. You both (customer and vendor) have to make a compromise.

EDIT:
@Caramel: To "make a living" in Trickster, with the current prices you would have to sell them at the jacked up rates they are approaching. I mean, the prices are high not because people are greedy, it's because people are getting careless and soft as Vicky implied. People don't know how to say 'no' because they're desperate and want x-item so badly that they're willing to pay whatever (simply because they can make that money back).
I was assuming (Stupidity on my behalf, I know) that Eden was talking about always ignoring the customers, If that isn't the case, then I apologize.
I get what you mean and all, but aren't there cases of greed when people try and cause the prices to jump too? An example being someone vends item-X at an insane price and, using a mule/alternative, re-buys item-X
__________________


Thank you Timer for the siggy!
Duelist ~ 14x/13x
 
06-03-2011   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
MidnightSnack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 347
iTrader: (1)
MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.
Guild: Astro Blitz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel
I was assuming (Stupidity on my behalf, I know) that Eden was talking about always ignoring the customers, If that isn't the case, then I apologize.
I get what you mean and all, but aren't there cases of greed when people try and cause the prices to jump too? An example being someone vends item-X at an insane price and, using a mule/alternative, re-buys item-X
I'm assuming that you're talking about buying your own insane prices to jack up the game's market place approximation.
(i.e. /rate [item] ;; artificial inflation).

However, that does almost nothing to consumer mentality, and if it does, that's the consumer's fault. Idiocy is only contagious to other idiots. "/rate" even TELLS you that you shouldn't follow its prices. If you do, that's honestly your own problem.

Plus, it's not like buyers can't (and don't) use the same exact trick. (And actually, it's easier for them!) C:
Exactly why you see "Min value:1" as well as "Max value: 99999999".

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 06-03-2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: And sorry if I sound rude. Because I usually am. ;D
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


zOMG!
Need a new browser game?

Try 

zOMG!

Rating:  

6.4
Hide this banner by registering for our community.