ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Lord of the Rings Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-14-2011   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Caustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud of
IGN: BigBear
Class: Raccoon now to_raccoon
Level: Fantasia:132

Again we're talking about supply and demand here, more people playing and demanding things to buy, more price jumping.
In Fantasia the demanding is way more limited than in Jewelia, so naturally the supply is smaller compared to the populated Jewelia, these market rules exists in every single capitalist economy in the world, it's not different in a MMO even because we play in a CASH BASED MMO, so different from other MMORPGS like WoW or Aion, where the economy is mostly created and designed around the virtual world reality and it items and gold, here we are bound to spend some money to obtain advantage, then the game economy is largely dictated by real world money.

by Rydia~

Last edited by Caustic; 05-14-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-14-2011   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiMai
Boss equips seem to be going up a lot as well, I've been seeing Pharoah hats going for over 10 mil now. They used to be only about 2 or less. Plus SC 15/16 (especially the 16) are a lot more then when they were first released. Which sucks, cause it's really hard to afford a guardian now.
I can vouch for that. I needed a SC 16 for my bunny's guardian a while ago and I was originally only going to go as high as 200m for it. Pretty much when I found a seller and they told me to offer and I said 200m, they laughed at me. "There's a shop here selling one for 280m!!!" so because just one shop was selling SC 16 overpriced by 80m, she wanted that price, but since I refused to go that high and said I'd settle on 250m, she wanted 260... as you can imagine my blood was boiling at her greed...

The fact that I caved in and bought it anyway though just goes to show how people who are desperate to get something will pay stupid prices just to get what they want.

05-14-2011   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

lnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to all

^
about 2 weeks ago I bought SC16 for 170m and sold it for 210m in less than 5 minutes.

If you had time to stay in the market long enough, you would get one with lower price.

I also bought SC16 for 250m for my 2nd guardian long ago.

Oftentime you cant blame sellers for selling you expensive stuff; you have to blame yourself you couldnt stay long enough to get what you wanted with your acceptable price range.

Last edited by lnwmakmak; 05-14-2011 at 09:52 PM.

05-14-2011   #24 (permalink)
The Situation
Games
Trickster OnlineCounter-Strike Online

Bloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Bloodybun/BloodybunII
Class: Bunny to_bunny
Level: 275/ 300
Guild: ~Euphoria~

I was afking in mega shop and when I came back, that's what I saw in chat lol

I was looking for a 4g4 a while back and was offering 400m for it (which is like 2x the price it should be). And as far I know, the max sold was 500m and that person was looking to get even more.

It's not even about overpricing anymore but pure greed. Mehhhhh
Watchu know about Phoe?

05-14-2011   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

lnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to all

As I said, try to get one with your real life money.

You'll see that it does worth more than 500m galders ($40?)

05-14-2011   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.
Guild: Astro Blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verse
I'm just saying that why is the rate of Fantasia is so low even if there are less people. So, people there could balance things up, the things there sell for low prices, but, they could still buy things with those prices since, all of the items have low prices. In jewelia, newbies cant really make a big money, and also, i know alot of people there that already have alot of money, but still, they wanted overprice. I'm saying that,Jewelia is a bit unbalance on the rates, etc.

Also, if I look at the prices of my country, I know why it raise, thatis because my country is very corrupted.
The more people there are, the more supply of galder there is in the world. This explains simple inflation and deflation of currency.

Galder in Fantasia is just worth more than galder in Jewelia because there are less people in Fantasia who can make a large sum of galder-- and less people (making galder) in general. For certain, there are a lot more high levels in Jewelia than in Fantasia.

You can buy more with Fantasia galder than with Jewelia galder, even though there is a lower supply of rares, etc.
More people will also mean more demand. Less people will mean less demand.

ex: 40m for GLS in Fant, versus GLS for 100+mil in Jewelia.
Yet there aren't as many people who want/need/can afford a GLS in Fant. versus people in Jewelia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodybun
It's not even about overpricing anymore but pure greed. Mehhhhh
And yeah, pure greed.
Like my hours of hard labor isn't worth nearly as much your hours of playing an online game. Are you kidding me?

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe-- just maybe, that the people buying myshop were always underpricing it?
Like some people theorize, it could be a monkey see monkey do fiasco. One person sells for cheap, and another will too.

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 05-14-2011 at 11:23 PM.

05-14-2011   #27 (permalink)
The Situation
Games

Bloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnwmakmak
As I said, try to get one with your real life money.

You'll see that it does worth more than 500m galders ($40?)
We make choices, I choose to not spend on this game ( Only time I did was 30$ for bika and didn't even get it ). You can't blame on the amount spent to get a 4g card while you know it's like gambling. We all know how hard it is to complete a town (mostly getting the pet) and it's our decision to keep going or not. And if you're getting coins, generally it's either for the fuse or get the card for personal use, not to sell it at outrageous prices because you've wasted so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenofEden
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe-- just maybe, that the people buying myshop were always underpricing it?
Like some people theorize, it could be a monkey see monkey do fiasco. One person sells for cheap, and another will too.
I usually buy myshop at x amount, I'd only pay more if I'm in rush. Otherwise i'd rather wait and get a cheaper seller. Well, TBH people buying MS are not underpricing, it's just the common rate it should be. People tend to overprice it because '' I sold x/1k to y, sorry that's too low ''. Buying or selling something at very high price make them think it's actually the market price and all the monkeys out there try to get as much as the one who OP.
Watchu know about Phoe?

Last edited by Bloodybun; 05-14-2011 at 11:36 PM.

05-14-2011   #28 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

From a buyer's point of view, they call it "pure greed". But isn't it also "greed" trying to underprice something without taking into consideration how hard or expensive it is to acquire something in the first place? Or how rare the supply is while the demand is insurmountably high? Or that selling it for a lower price while there are so many other people willing to pay more (a lot more) for it be tantamount to stupidity?

I'm not saying that the seller is purely without greed. I'm saying that as a buyer, did you see it from the other point of view? Or are you purely clean yourself to call the other party as such?

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

05-14-2011   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

@Bloodybun

So dont blame sellers for "pure greed"; it doesnt make sense.

Seller have choices too.

Last edited by lnwmakmak; 05-14-2011 at 11:43 PM.

05-14-2011   #30 (permalink)
The Situation
Games

Well base on my situation, it is. At that time, 4g4 was about 200-300m(200 being the one that Sharp got not that long ago) and 300m was the one I saw at megalo in a shop (didn't know there was a new 4g set ). I was offering 400m because I wanted that new warrior shield badly so don't tell me it's underpricing while that person was clearly trying to sell it for 600m to me.

Meh anyways, I got it for 400m so i'm happy. Don't get mad people, just saying my point. I do understand both way, but the seller should be aware that i'm already paying more than it should be. Of course it is hard to get it, but hey look at the market situation now. If people have to say that to each single unique, i'd have to pay 1b for a hat or shield clean/unrefined in like 2 weeks if it keeps going on like this? Meh
Watchu know about Phoe?

Last edited by Bloodybun; 05-14-2011 at 11:55 PM.

05-14-2011   #31 (permalink)
If I don't look down.
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsDofus
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Verse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Linverse
Class: A nab. to_sheep
Level: Check it in-game.
Guild: *~M.C~*

Jewelia is just unbalance. Last time, I bought 4G 2 for only 105m, That's just last November, 2010. And look at it now, It's now like, 300m+

I hate it so much ;_;

I r Bulletproof~

05-15-2011   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Why people dont say buyers are stupid instead of sellers are greed.

You cant clap with one hand.

05-15-2011   #33 (permalink)
If I don't look down.
Games

Verse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond repute

Because, buyers buy with the original price, but sellers always overprice them

ex. I buy a unique for 300m , that is the original price, but then a seller comes offering 350m, or 400m

I r Bulletproof~

05-15-2011   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Buyers dont buy with original price; they buy the cheaper one.

05-15-2011   #35 (permalink)
If I don't look down.
Games

ALL people want Cheap price. Of Course, why would you offer an overprice to some items, Except if you're desperate.

I r Bulletproof~

05-15-2011   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Cheaper doesnt mean original, does it?

05-15-2011   #37 (permalink)
If I don't look down.
Games

Yes it doesnt, but When the seller doesnt want the cheap price, then we go to the original price, but the seller will tell them, no that's still to cheap.

I r Bulletproof~

05-15-2011   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

What's original price then?

The price buyers wanna buy only?

05-15-2011   #39 (permalink)
If I don't look down.
Games

I did put an example there , right? The one with 300m

I r Bulletproof~

05-15-2011   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

how can you prove that that 300m is everyone's original price?

What if that's only your "original" price? So you blame seller who wanna sell for 400m greedy, overpriced?