ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-29-2011   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden Eternal

KahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant future
IGN: Kahru | Reimuu | Conduite
Class: Soul Master | Witch | Champion to_soulmaster
Level: 3xx/36x | 23x/2xx | 14x/13x

My only problem with myshop prices/items are the repair powders. The practical need to refine and the success/fail rate for in-game equips even for the now so-called "novice" refine levels (5+) says it all.

On most in-game EQ as far as I remember the base rate to refine to level 6 is now ~50%. Without anvils/stones/etc that's a 50% to succeed, or pay $2.70, or buy 2.7k off of someone to try again once, with the same odds and consequences. A bit steep IMO for a level 5 (out of 13) EQ.

Repairs IMO should be a repeatable, untradeable, high level quest reward as well. Mix them in as an uncommon reward from mine party quests or something. That, or 1 RP should be able to repair any level EQ, instead of 5 for a broken level 5.

Only used IGNs: Kahru | Reimuu. Anyone else claiming to be me is a scammer.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-29-2011   #22 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanYa4eVr
My only problem with myshop prices/items are the repair powders. The practical need to refine and the success/fail rate for in-game equips even for the now so-called "novice" refine levels (5+) says it all.

On most in-game EQ as far as I remember the base rate to refine to level 6 is now ~50%. Without anvils/stones/etc that's a 50% to succeed, or pay $2.70, or buy 2.7k off of someone to try again once, with the same odds and consequences. A bit steep IMO for a level 5 (out of 13) EQ.

Repairs IMO should be a repeatable, untradeable, high level quest reward as well. Mix them in as an uncommon reward from mine party quests or something. That, or 1 RP should be able to repair any level EQ, instead of 5 for a broken level 5.

This. Or at least give us more repairs for the money.

04-29-2011   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

omgwtfkitteh has a spectacular aura aboutomgwtfkitteh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to omgwtfkitteh
IGN: Dreidel
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 19x
Guild: Nature's Pillows

^ I agree with both of the above.

It's gotten to the point where I don't even bother refining unless I get repair powders from events or one spot drills in Gacha. That way I don't have to waste my money on powders if I screw up in the long stages of refining.

[Syia|Fantasia|Archeologist|4xx|AC|]On hold 'till I get money

Not on as much during the summer because of how hot it gets in my room

Trickster Comic: Drawn by my friend NeoFox. Co-written by the both of us.

Up to date info can be found on Her blog - And mine

04-29-2011   #24 (permalink)
shotgun opera lock'n load
Special
Games
FiestaTrickster OnlineTransformice!King of Kings III
Awards Event WinnerSotW Professional

moffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Heyou

I'm glad that we even have the ability to repair our items. On another game I play, when you refine your equipment and it fails it completely disappears and there is no way to get it back.

04-29-2011   #25 (permalink)
roflcopter
Games
Dragon Nest

mclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to all
IGN: dun tell
Class: Human wearing animal clothes
Level: -1
Guild: TBA
Xfire: Xfire is gay i use FRAPS

I think repairs should be an ingame item. They are the most commonly bought stuff from MS anyway, and 2.7k for 5 reps is too much. While SGI is laughing at the money they got from us buying repairs, we had to spend hundreds of $ trying to refine a dumb lv 10 sword to lv 11 or something. Either the repair prices should go down, or make it an ingame. It is too much.

04-29-2011   #26 (permalink)
案山子
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseLa TaleMapleStory

Virus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Virus
IGN: Takkuri
Class: Cyber Hunter to_lion
Level: 27x
Guild: Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclericp
I think repairs should be an ingame item. They are the most commonly bought stuff from MS anyway
That statement is a bit flawed.

-If it is- the most commonly bought item from Myshop then that's reason to -not- make it an in-game item. At a business standpoint you wouldn't want to give your most profitable product away for free, then you stop profiting from it.

They give us in-game Repairs, but they're just not as easy to get due to chance. They're in Lv. Up Gift Boxes.

04-30-2011   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Seijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of light

I have no issues with the price of the good, powerful, high level items. What I have an issue with is that even the crappy items have a huge price tag, which is why no one buys them. Items should be priced rightfully by their general usefulness (and their level). And I'm sorry, but many of the older items have incredibly high price tags for what they achieve compared to regular ingame items. Those should be fixed.

04-30-2011   #28 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

I believe the pets and eqs that have been in myshop for ages should be lowered..

Or they should have sales more often, instead of once a year on Black Friday.

Should be like every other month, every two months, something like that.

Either sales for buy one get one free, or things are half off, or even less than half off would be cool. But something to include everything in myshop, not just certain items.

04-30-2011   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden Eternal

KahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant future
IGN: Kahru | Reimuu | Conduite
Class: Soul Master | Witch | Champion to_soulmaster
Level: 3xx/36x | 23x/2xx | 14x/13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus
They give us in-game Repairs, but they're just not as easy to get due to chance. They're in Lv. Up Gift Boxes.
True, you could open the ones you get from leveling up, and get... (maybe) a few powders, or, you could buy the boxes off of other people who either don't want them, or are infinitely creating/power leveling/transferring/deleting on some side account for what are they now? 15 mil?

Still kind of extreme to get an almost essential item in my opinion.

Only used IGNs: Kahru | Reimuu. Anyone else claiming to be me is a scammer.

05-08-2011   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineRumble FighterRunescape

RaiTheSoul has much to be proud ofRaiTheSoul has much to be proud ofRaiTheSoul has much to be proud ofRaiTheSoul has much to be proud ofRaiTheSoul has much to be proud ofRaiTheSoul has much to be proud ofRaiTheSoul has much to be proud ofRaiTheSoul has much to be proud of

I think myshop is expensive because people are willing to pay for it. People can complain about the price but as long as its still high in the market, why change it? Trickster is even on the top 10 uses for UGC now so I don't expect any sale for a while.

05-10-2011   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

SiliconPower is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to SiliconPower
IGN: madona
Class: Bunny to_schoolgirl
Level: Banned -.-
Guild: None

Its easier to get in-game money than real life money, i think thats the reason

Last edited by SiliconPower; 05-10-2011 at 03:44 PM.

05-12-2011   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Roweezy has a spectacular aura aboutRoweezy has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Roweezy
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

id have to agree with greed but as long as people are willing to pay nothings stopping them

05-14-2011   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.
Guild: Astro Blitz

Myshop is not expensive. No matter what the price. Hard cash will always and should always trump meager digital currency.

Not to mention that it's easier for some people to make galder compared to others. Sure, if you're level 50, 5mil in galder might seem expensive. But at level 300, it's chump change.

Think about it. No matter how long you play this game (which is meant to be entertaining), you will not gain even a single penny. Why should another person's hard earned money be worth any less than your pixels? This game is open to anyone. Jobs aren't.

It just bothers me that some little kids (not saying that you are one) complain about how "expensive" dollar-based digital currency is when there are people in the world that will, literally, kill for a real life job. You're just lucky that there's anyone stupid enough to spend money on an online game in times like these.

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 05-14-2011 at 12:43 PM.