ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-27-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Hunter124Gamma will become famous soon enough
IGN: Hunter124Gamma
Class: Explorer to_fox
Level: 115
Guild: Serenity
Default Delete thread, please.

So I know that begging is a bit of an annoyance, and eTO hasn't figured out a proper way to sort out the bad apples. Sometimes ignoring is difficult, too.
SOOOOO...
I thought maybe I should come up with funny ideas to confuse them. Should anyone else come up with other ideas, I'm open. But the idea isn't so much to troll, but to confuse them with your doings.
-------
  • "I'll give you 1m galder if you can give me your essence through your nose." Or any ridiculous thing that a person has on their body that they don't need. LIKE EAR WAX! 8D
  • Walk around the player, inspecting them, making sound effects as though you were looking them from the ground up. And then reply,"So, how shall I devour your soul? Whole, or in pieces? Maybe scrambled with my eggs and chocolate.."
  • Anything from the conversation in Metal Gear Solid 2 in which the main character's communication device begins to break down. THAT is good confusion material.
  • "Want to buy a magical Chia pet? It comes with super-sized hats for each ear."
  • "Time is a spiral, space is a curve; I know you get dizzy but, try not to lose your nerve."
  • "How many times do I have to tell you that drilling holes in your head will not relieve stress?"
  • Sing winter-time songs to them. This goes double in July, possibly somewhere hot like Tap or Para. And demand figgy pudding. LOTS of it.
  • Ask them to attend a Trickster funeral for your best friends' pants, or some other sort of clothing. MOURN THOSE PANTS, SON (in this case, copper/golden trunks)! Tell them they were a credit to clothing anywhere You could give them one galder for being a mourner a the funeral. At some point in time, people were actually paid to cry at funerals. If it makes its way to Event Garden, you have achieved greatness.
  • Tell them you're writing a fanfic and need advice on what not to say to the bunyip in Mermaid Palace.
  • *A bunyip is an mythological creature that lives in water and resembles what could be described as a hodge-podge of many creatures.
  • -Yes, there is no bunyip, but they most likely won't know.
  • "Do you think this makes my tail look big? Or is my head too small?"
  • You could say you're a beggar disguised as a rich person, and that you gave the original host's body to Stella because they were stupid. You know how she hates stupid people.

If you're in a lush area with plant-type monsters, sit down with said beggar and ask if the plant monsters look like prep salads or jellyfish; press further to see if they will blend by putting them all under a drill. The measurement from said drilling should be 5-7 pounds of compost.

Last edited by Hunter124Gamma; 05-13-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-27-2011   #2 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

"Sorry, I'm poor."

Works just fine without making you look like an ass.

04-27-2011   #3 (permalink)
\
Special

posu has a reputation beyond reputeposu has a reputation beyond reputeposu has a reputation beyond reputeposu has a reputation beyond reputeposu has a reputation beyond reputeposu has a reputation beyond reputeposu has a reputation beyond reputeposu has a reputation beyond reputeposu has a reputation beyond reputeposu has a reputation beyond reputeposu has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trafalgar

You mean when people ask you for money?

How about the simplest method: I never respond to them.

A response isn't always necessary nor desirable. For example, if someone flames or trolls you, you do NOT have to respond back and get baited into a cauldron of drama.

04-27-2011   #4 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

I usually respond with "Sorry I need my money" and then run away after
I don't ever say mean stuff

04-27-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

If someone asks for a trade or asks for money right away I reject and do not reply; if they chat first and ask in sort of a nice way later I do not mind giving 50k galders or so to make them happy.

I do not mind much beginners who ask for money; they tend to stop immediately after a rejection or some money given. More annoying for me are more experienced players who try "bartering" too much, and keep trying to get what they want for a longer period of time than beginners, like a few who try offering half to third market price on uniques or rare items and keep whispering you to accept the offer, even when you keep refusing their "offers".

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

Last edited by Recette; 04-27-2011 at 04:56 PM.

04-27-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

To a certain degree, I admit being a jerkfish, as that's an annoyance; at roughly level 10-20-ish, the player should already know how to farm, and figure how much things cost that are relatively vital to them. With Jewelia and Fantasia, pricing differs.

Maybe something is quite expensive, and the player doesn't have enough. The answer to that is simple, though tedious, and it is to go farming/drilling for quests and use whatever coupons they find.
I'm stingy and cheap; I made my insignificant in-game currency by selling them at lower prices. Plus quests, hunting and the like. There's always that, "Crap, now I gotta find something to sell because I forgot the banks cost X amount," or,"Hey, could you help me get a job badge?" I can easily make up 50k, and so I have no problem giving it.
Being polite and concrete are rare things I see, and where it comes up, I got no problem with encouraging it. :/ *shrug* Happens in all MMOs, it seems. Such is life. If it's the "give nao plox", it tells me they don't have the patience or the pacing to go get it their affairs taken care of. I'm not saying grind/drill 24/7 for a game. But, y'know, when you have your free time, go help yourself. If that makes any sense. It's a hassle that seems to be the legit way of getting the needs met (by this, I'm trying to to tread too heavily into MyShop business).

But then you have those people that, even if you have all of your options set to "NO", and they still won't listen. They spam you while you're moving, so you're frozen. Luckily it can be recorded in chat logs, but party requests aren't. These people become very hard to ignore or get away from. I could argue "eye for an eye", but someone would just as quickly reply "you'll both be blind, why bother?".

And there doesn't seem to be a blacklist/mute button as far as I know.
Though, of course, the report button is fine too.

04-27-2011   #7 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaJessica
If someone asks for a trade or asks for money right away I reject and do not reply; if they chat first and ask in sort of a nice way later I do not mind giving 50k galders or so to make them happy.

I do not mind much beginners who ask for money; they tend to stop immediately after a rejection or some money given. More annoying for me are more experienced players who try "bartering" too much, and keep trying to get what they want for a longer period of time than beginners, like a few who try offering half to third market price on uniques or rare items and keep whispering you to accept the offer, even when you keep refusing their "offers".
I empathize with you on the second part. Even though I had that happen to me once, it gripes me

04-27-2011   #8 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAion

Kirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Gladiyeytor

I always keep my PPD's with me

-Lt.Commander Yonem Kirks, African Zeon Remnants

04-27-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Dussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dussty
Class: Buff
Level: 351
Guild: Révolution

Some times when "that" trade or chat is starting I just try to ask them for money before they do . One time I even got 5k

04-28-2011   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

omgwtfkitteh has a spectacular aura aboutomgwtfkitteh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to omgwtfkitteh
IGN: Dreidel
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 19x
Guild: Nature's Pillows

I simply ignore the beggers. It's pretty easy when I usually keep my chatbox closed all the time. Means I don't have to say anything anyway.

When it's people that are in need of items that I have tons of anyway? Well, if they ask nice enough I tend to drop some on the ground for them.

[Syia|Fantasia|Archeologist|4xx|AC|]On hold 'till I get money

Not on as much during the summer because of how hot it gets in my room

Trickster Comic: Drawn by my friend NeoFox. Co-written by the both of us.

Up to date info can be found on Her blog - And mine

04-28-2011   #11 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Normally I would just say sorry I'm broke(or bankrupt) and then walk away till I lose them, or just simply cancel and straight away run away.

I just thought of this though, "You must sell your soul to me first"

04-28-2011   #12 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

I always have my trade off so that players don't randomly come trade me to beg for things.
I also ignore them by pretending to be afk (I'm usually 90% afk for real lols).

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

04-28-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

I suppose it is the way in which how askew my brain is, but there's a fine line between "Can I/May I" and "aggressive bargaining". By this, I mean continuing to badger you, even stalk you and open up a party bulletin to call you a scammer.

Though, never would it occur in my evilness to simply carry an abundance of PPDs with me. I thought you could only get them in the Fiesta Zone? I am a coward, and so I never venture there--the older Zone. Now I don't know what's going on with the inventory of any such store near in the new one.
Oh, if only I could simply throw mind-controlling comedic props at their characters in-game and force them to do my drilling..

04-28-2011   #14 (permalink)
Is not human
Special

Tragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Tragic Send a message via MSN to Tragic
IGN: GONEgone
Guild: Various Ones

Anyone ever told a beggar to make money on their own?

+Rep if you find my/another's post helpful, thanks.

04-29-2011   #15 (permalink)
Bunnys go moo
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

redvalentines is just really niceredvalentines is just really niceredvalentines is just really niceredvalentines is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to redvalentines
IGN: Redcky
Class: Wizard to_wizard
Level: 300+ =D
Guild: Ecks.T.C

I do not care about a few hundred K either way in anything, i have been on my accounts before and had to ask for money so i just could get to mega or use the bank, just 10k and a couple ppd's to satisfy that character or even 10k most of the time. half the people ignore me otherhalf just giv me what i ask for.

When i find a begger i tell them to go earn their own money. or if it looks like they need it I give them 50k-200k and a few ppd's

p.s oh i also sometimes ask why? why they need it? for pots? for a nice looking hat they want? for teliport services? find out this and respond accordingly.

Last edited by redvalentines; 04-29-2011 at 06:18 AM.

04-29-2011   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even have newbs begging or asking me for money. The only thing I ever seem to get is they stand next to me (usually when I have my guardian summoned) and send me a random friend request. When I reject, they follow me around the map, not saying a word. Just... little silent stalkers. They don't make it any less obvious they're stalking either. I could run off into a corner of the map where no one goes and they will stalk me there and stand next to me!

04-29-2011   #17 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

just thought of this, speak to them in any foreign language you can speak.

hopefully they won't understand any of it lol

04-29-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleEden Eternal
Awards Retired Wiki StaffMost Valuable DivisionEvent Winner

gawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: DiisneyLoverrrrr
Class: Sheepie

Ifff they ask really nicely and tell me for what they need it for I might give in, I did it a few times in the past, but random trading, not being able to ask properly (plz, pls, etc), I'd ignore/block them on the spot.

04-29-2011   #19 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering Eye

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawhie
Ifff they ask really nicely and tell me for what they need it for I might give in, I did it a few times in the past, but random trading, not being able to ask properly (plz, pls, etc), I'd ignore/block them on the spot.
^ yeah I tend to give them what they want if they ask nicely too...even though I am poor myself.

Most of the time I ignore them, pretend to be afk or just tell them I am poor too ;_;

05-10-2011   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster Online

ArtemisNG has a spectacular aura aboutArtemisNG has a spectacular aura aboutArtemisNG has a spectacular aura about

Tell them you share room with a dog. o.O