ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-25-2011   #1 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute
Default A 'just for fun' event/content idea: Soul Bond.

NOTE: I am aware this idea is totally ludicrous, and that it has no chance whatsoever to be implemented. As the title states, this thread was made just for fun.

While thinking up event/content ideas for Trickster Online, I came up with this idea. The event could be called Soul Bond, and this is how it could work:

Every first day of every other month, the Soul Bond event will initiate (I would say a good time to start would be around 4PM PST). To let people know that the event is starting, this message could appear: "An entity filled with mystical properties is seeking a certain Trickster out to bond it's powers with."

About five minutes later, anybody who is online has a chance to automatically receive the bonding. Once bonded, the message could appear: "The entity has bonded with a Trickster worthy enough to receive it's blessings~! Congratulations, [IGN]!"

The lucky person who "won" will automatically gain 100 base and 150 TM levels (if the person is level 301+, it'll just level the person up to 400). A title will also be rewarded called "Bonded Soul", and will automatically add these stats when equipped:

+2500 AP / +150 AC / -10 DX
+5000 MP / +150 MA / +1500 MD
+10000 WT / +150 DA / +150 LK
+5000 HP / +1500 MD / +150 HV

If the person has already been bonded before (but was chosen again), the Soul will refuse to bond and seek another person out (bonding with another character on the same account is fine). If less than 500 people are logged on to Trickster while the event is going on (within the 5 minutes), the entity will not bond with anybody, and everybody will have to wait another 2 months for the event to reoccur. A good message for that could be this: "Something in the winds have changed the will of the entity. No longer wishing to bond, the entity has quickly dissipated."

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-25-2011   #2 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

This would be a really cool event, of course if they were to do something like this, it wouldn't be that many levels, but, it's a really cool idea. :3

04-25-2011   #3 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

That's.. too overpowered @_@

Also, I would not like to level up at all :x so some people actually trying to keep their chars low to go bossing etc would be at fault.. also those who play in PvP a lot would stay on non-stop til they get the stats, and it's a major disadvantage D: (as if Myshop wasn't putting people at a disadvantage already)

04-25-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Seijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of lightSeijin is a glorious beacon of light

You should have posted this on April 1st.

Other than that, I'd say it could be interesting, if you divide everything you said by ten, and have it happen once every week or so, I guess. Additionally, a title could be added for whoever gets lucky enough.

04-25-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleEden Eternal
Awards Retired Wiki StaffMost Valuable DivisionEvent Winner

gawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: DiisneyLoverrrrr
Class: Sheepie

It's not that bad of an idea really if you remove the base levels / tm levels gain option. Lets say for a day, a player would feel "immortal" and get to do things it might have had a hard time doing so before, like leveling at higher areas, killing certain bosses, farming quest items, etc. This might even work in a way for Ntreev/SGI as well as in tempting them to buy MS in the near future. :x

04-25-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

omgwtfkitteh has a spectacular aura aboutomgwtfkitteh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to omgwtfkitteh
IGN: Dreidel
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 19x
Guild: Nature's Pillows

I have to agree that the levels/TM would be a bit too much, but that's where the 'just for fun' bit comes in understandably. It's not a bad idea, though. Not for something that would just happen in two months time or when a certain amount of players are on. That way there would be a long span between the next time someone gets their shot.

[Syia|Fantasia|Archeologist|4xx|AC|]On hold 'till I get money

Not on as much during the summer because of how hot it gets in my room

Trickster Comic: Drawn by my friend NeoFox. Co-written by the both of us.

Up to date info can be found on Her blog - And mine

04-25-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad idea~ Personally I'd take the levels out and just have people get the stat buffs.

04-25-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

You could be an event manager for SGI or something. This isn't a bad idea. I'm not sure if the base/TM thing would be good. Sounds too overpowered to me, but it might be nice for people to have those extra stats for a limited time.

04-25-2011   #9 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Event WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

Even though it happens rarely, I still say 100 levels and 150 TM is a tad much. Like Vixen said, some people want to stay at a certain level for their own bossing/whatever needs. I also don't think people should have the chance to skip forward a whole hundred levels for just being logged on, especially from 300 to 400. Even though you say it'll be a monthly event, it still seems... like too much of a prize for doing nothing. Q_Q Especially since it'll make the already broken people even more broken for no effort. I can see people feeling left out and quitting since such a thing really would be damaging to the game's balance (which is already nearly nonexistent). Maybe it can choose a random person to give a random boss equip to or something each month (excluding quest boss items).

I do adore the concept, though. Maybe if the prizes were tweaked a bit, it'd work better. Your creativity really makes me smile too, it shows you think a lot about the game. xDD I really do wish we had more of these type of events; I enjoyed Harkon Protector when I did it.

Oh, and because I'm a nerd, it's actually:

"An entity filled with mystical properties is seeking a certain Trickster out to bond its powers with."

..and:

"The entity has bonded with a Trickster worthy enough to receive its blessings~! Congratulations, [IGN]!" There is no apostrophe in its for possession. 8D;; Not many people know that lol. Just saying because I'm picturing that as an actual announcement and that typo would probably be annoying to some.

04-25-2011   #10 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

I really like this idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
You could be an event manager for SGI or something. This isn't a bad idea. I'm not sure if the base/TM thing would be good. Sounds too overpowered to me, but it might be nice for people to have those extra stats for a limited time.
And I agree with quite few people here about the boost being limited time only.

04-26-2011   #11 (permalink)
Cry
ggFTW Lurker

Cry will become famous soon enoughCry will become famous soon enough
IGN: CryForEternity
Class: Wizwiz to_dragon
Level: 29x
Guild: Decline

The lucky person who "won" will automatically gain 100 base and 150 TM levels - HELL no don't do it xD

Btw the stats are good o-o

-

Edit: Wait, 100 levels base / 150 TM for a LIMITED TIME ? By the way I don't agree with the idea D:

Last edited by Cry; 04-26-2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Daught lols

04-26-2011   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

MyLoveless has a spectacular aura aboutMyLoveless has a spectacular aura about
IGN: OxMnemosynexO
Class: Witch to_mercenary
Level: 26X

wow that'd be an extreme way to level up lol
100 levels are too much D: maybe 10? 8D

I want + 1000000000000000 WT please *--*

04-27-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Hunter124Gamma will become famous soon enough
IGN: Hunter124Gamma
Class: Explorer to_fox
Level: 115
Guild: Serenity

Good idea, but...yeah...bump them levels down, son. D;

04-27-2011   #14 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAion

Kirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Gladiyeytor

Interesting....

A+ bro.

-Lt.Commander Yonem Kirks, African Zeon Remnants