ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-23-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Samanter is on a distinguished road
Class: Bard to_bard
Default Question, "Why are we at where we are?"

I'm sorry if such posts have been posted before, or such questions have been asked. It's purely coincidental and I am not ripping off anybody's idea. I am also sincerely sorry if this title is misleading, but I hope it will be somewhat meaningful.

My question is "Why do you still play Trickster Online?", for people who are still actively playing this game. If you're inactive, deciding to quit, or have already left TO, then let me rephrase my question to: "What made you quit?" and "What are your happiest memories on the game?"

To all the people who are deciding to quit this game, I hope this post will change your mind, or at least make you think twice.

You are also welcomed to post screenshots and please, express yourself. By that I also mean not flooding the entire webpage.

Last edited by Samanter; 04-23-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-23-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

I came back to Trickster Online because I felt boooreed. Just kidding, but I kind of did felt bored not doing anything. I came back mainly to prove myself that I can make my Sheep a success, and that I want to watch it grow with me. When I hit 3rd, I might be staying because of PvP. Hopefully, I can keep PvP Drama out of sight.

04-23-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

MyLoveless has a spectacular aura aboutMyLoveless has a spectacular aura about
IGN: OxMnemosynexO
Class: Witch to_mercenary
Level: 26X

aw I leave trickster because of technical issues out of my hands lol

I have windows vista so I didnt want to make any magical tricks to play
Im too lazy >3 < ... well that was a long time ago o:

I like this game so mux people is so kind here -o - they dont call u noob and normally you get a lot of help and nice friends... Even if I cant get any unique lol and quests are so boring

excuse me for my spelling lol

edit: btw if you need help I'll help you o: if you play in fantasia o,o now a days it' not that hard to level up and change job o:

04-23-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLoveless
I like this game so mux people is so kind here -o - they dont call u noob and normally you get a lot of help and nice friends
I agree! The people here is nicer than the people in SEA games (South East Asia) ran by Asiasoft. Surprisingly, by just whispering to people some times, they're willing to help or give advice. I love the community in TO because you'll always feel welcomed. But it's sad that some people destroyed it with random threat messages and scams. >:

04-23-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

MyLoveless has a spectacular aura aboutMyLoveless has a spectacular aura about
IGN: OxMnemosynexO
Class: Witch to_mercenary
Level: 26X

yeah there will always be -o - ...

at least it's not a very competitive game like some sports one lol people there's soo mad and agressive

04-24-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

omgwtfkitteh has a spectacular aura aboutomgwtfkitteh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to omgwtfkitteh
IGN: Dreidel
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 19x
Guild: Nature's Pillows

I tend to still play because my friend Neo still plays also. We got into the game together. She found it after doing a commission that involved art of the dragon and buffalo characters. After she asked what the game was she dragged me into it and that was years ago.

Even now I tend to play my sheep on Fantasia whenever she's too busy with school to play.

[Syia|Fantasia|Archeologist|4xx|AC|]On hold 'till I get money

Not on as much during the summer because of how hot it gets in my room

Trickster Comic: Drawn by my friend NeoFox. Co-written by the both of us.

Up to date info can be found on Her blog - And mine

04-24-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

There's just something about this game that I can't ignore. I've tried to quit 3 times and I even deleted my characters but after a few months or even weeks I found myself coming back. I don't know really, I just love the game. It's just... really addictive. :<

04-24-2011   #8 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

The answers are right here:

/forum/trickster-onl...aying-3-a.html

04-24-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

^ Oops. Sorry!~

But I do wish to highlight this point that is different. Which is ...
If you're inactive, deciding to quit, or have already left TO, then let me rephrase my question to: "What made you quit?" and "What are your happiest memories on the game?"
But I also do not wish to see the other thread die.

Last edited by Esper; 04-24-2011 at 12:15 PM.

04-24-2011   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La TaleLuna OnlineTrickster OnlinezOMG!

Mathemagician will become famous soon enough
IGN: PrincessCelestia
Class: Seductress Queen, bby. (Sheep) to_soulmaster

Trickster is pretty unique. I mean, have you seen any other isometric type game with Trickster's fair share of quality art, plotline, content, the drilling gimmick, and a level cap that goes 370 levels after your final job change (If third job is even going to be the last one)? Not to mention all the ingame events that give you nice equips, and the fact that the GMs actually interact with the players sometimes, unlike other games.

As to why I quit?

Well, once upon a time, when Fantasia was the most populated, when characters of all levels hung out in the newbie area, when Cora still had that big sexy rock that I could sit on, when Jewlia still had two servers, when I still knew what Trickster was, I had a lion. I loved hats, I had white hair, red clothes, and I had a lot of friends. It was all going great. I watched Trickster grow bigger and better.

After a year, everything started to change. I started to realize several things.

1) When I finally had a lot of great super awesome AMAZING friends in Fantasia, everyone either left for Jewlia or PvPed because they were super high-leveled now.
2) My lion sucked. I added bonus stat points in all the wrong places, and I was pure HP equipped and melee.
3) I had been playing for about a year and I was STILL only level 87. That's when I decided to quit.

And I did. Then I got bored and came back to Trickster after a few months. Yes, I know, I'm a failure for not quitting, I'm a failure for coming back, I'm a failure for investing time into a silly little game, blah blah blah, whatever. I'm still a kid. I don't make good decisions.

I'm still here playing Trickster because I know my old friends are still out there, at least some of them, and I'm still searching for them. They have to be here. They wasted a year getting to know me, I could waste at least that much time trying to find them. I just hope they remember me. But sometimes, I try to go back to the real world: this is just a game, and that always make me think long and hard about life and stuff. Then I end up stopping, and playing some more.

Oh yeah, and I still like hats. They're cool. So I play for hats, too.

Last edited by Mathemagician; 04-24-2011 at 09:50 AM.

04-24-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

I miss the big rock too @-@... But yeah. You're not a failure for quitting, not quitting or whatever. Because that happened to me at least three times. You just can't resist TO! <3

04-24-2011   #12 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathemagician
Well, once upon a time, when Fantasia was the most populated...
What are you talking about? Fantasia was always less populated than Jewelia.

04-24-2011   #13 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive
What are you talking about? Fantasia was always less populated than Jewelia.
Not Always

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

04-27-2011   #14 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Even though it gets boring now, here are my reasons for continue to play (even for a little time)...

1. I am still not Lvl. 400. Currently Lvl. 311 right now.
2. Blood still has not drop me a Blood Sword.
3. Sorry if Hanah08 reads this, but I want to be 1st place at the Blood Seal ranking.
4. I still got Abyss quests to finish. Or waiting to re-ramp a bit 'cause of the ridicious low drop rates.
5. STORY STORY STORY! And the ability to make my possible tale of my Duelist and her family back-story.
6. My guild. I'm a guild leader of Mirage Coordinator!
7. I'm waiting for new quests (low or high) or adding/re-vamp the existing maps so I can do them. (Or making me re-do them.)

And the big magne that make me want to play Trickster (in the first place) LIKE A BOSS:

I love bunny-girls and the choice of characters in animal ears makes me happy. The Bunny is lucky to be in a newbie-friendly class: The Power type. So when I started playing the game, I made a Bunny named Minits, who later became LadyGaap.

BONUS: Why I go for Duelist and not the over-popular Champion class is because I like to be unique, especially when adventuring in the high mountains of Cabala Island. I knew the Warrior skill tree would be fun with Berserk to Earthquake Blade. I see my Bunny as a "power-type mage" thanks to my overused skills: Inferno Blade and Earthquake Blade. I will get Tidal Slash and Tempest Strike soon. ^^;

The final ending sentence: For me, there is NO WAY any other MMORPG can replace Trickster Online. I tried other MMOs (Luna Online Private S. thanks to Tomodachi~ guild), but walking on a 3D space or playing a side-scroll game just doesn't have the same spark as TO. (The acception is PangYa since both TO and PangYa are done by Ntreev Soft and SGi claim both games!) Sorry if I write to much. I just oddly love to re-tell my reasons and back-story for my TO experience! ^^;

Last edited by Gaap; 04-27-2011 at 10:50 AM.

04-27-2011   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Hunter124Gamma will become famous soon enough
IGN: Hunter124Gamma
Class: Explorer to_fox
Level: 115
Guild: Serenity

Even though it is a bit boring for me, and the typos in NPCs n' whatnot could be fixed, what keeps me going is the hope of getting Card ID and a Guardian.
I can always keep in contact with people outside of eTO, so I'm not worried about leaving friends.