ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-12-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

FightingDreamer will become famous soon enough
Default Official Suggestion Please: MERGE/HOP SERVERS

This is coming from someone who made the mistake of starting out on Fantasia Server:

Fantasia shorta...sucks since there are less people playing. Wouldn't it be common sense if we could just jump servers without having to start another character? I mean most games already have the ability to jump servers, I don't see why Trickster requires you to make a WHOLE NEW character when you switch servers.b I say this because making a charc=time a long time. In addition, the hours you spent on the other server would be a waste.

Not many of you would probably understand since most of the people who surf this forum are from Jewlia but, you might also have friends in Fantsia.

Last edited by FightingDreamer; 04-12-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-12-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalezOMG!Pangya

Lydasquid is a glorious beacon of lightLydasquid is a glorious beacon of lightLydasquid is a glorious beacon of lightLydasquid is a glorious beacon of lightLydasquid is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Lydasquid | DrewyTea
Class: Explorer | Meister lt_gunslinger
Level: Noob | 80
Guild: thelasthope

I'm a Fantasian
And i love it here- and i started on jewela but moved
All of my friends and guildies are here.

To be honest i wouldnt care if they merged the servers, but it'd probably get one hell of a lot more laggy than it already is, since the whole population of trickster would be on one server.
xCrumpet | Witch | 13x [F]

LaTale
DrewyTea | Meister | 8x
Lydasquid | Explorer | 6x

04-12-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

I guess, but benefits that Jewlia has-->More Ppl->More Uniques->More "stuff like quests/rares/fuses/ being sold" not to include ppl post when they're selling pts.

Maybe merging servers would make it laggy but at least make it so we can "HOP" servers without having to restart.

04-12-2011   #4 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Rydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rydia Send a message via MSN to Rydia
IGN: *Rydia*
Class: Cat. I'm a kitty cat. And I meow meow meow and I meow meow meow. to_cat
Level: DEAD
Guild: Révolution

I'm all for a merge as long as they add another channel.

Might be more productive to post at the official boards though? If there isn't already a thread there idk.

Last edited by Rydia; 04-12-2011 at 12:56 PM.

04-12-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Abbeh is on a distinguished road
IGN: Nepheline
Class: Diva to_primadonna

The servers and characters are completely separate, in such a way that when Fantasia came out, I was able to use the same names i had with my characters on Jewelia, or nab the names I wanted on Jewelia but missed out on, cause someone got to it first.

For example... I started in early beta, before NTreev ran Trickster themselves, and created a character named Abbeh on Jewelia. I quit for an while, came back, and the account was locked because they changed ownerships and I had to create a login but missed the time frame to do so. I could not recreate Abbeh on Jewelia because the character exists already... So I created it on Fantasia instead.

Granted, this character on Jewelia is not in use, it would probably break the server if I tried to transfer the one from Fantasia to Jewelia, since the name's already taken.

These are both my own characters though...so I could care less if one was overwritten--but what if someone else on the other server has the same name as you?

It's kind of a mess. :|

04-12-2011   #6 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

They should have just kept it as one server with multiple channels. Ntreev is spreading out their players between two completely different servers. It'll definitely make a better community with the merge.

The only problem is names. I've heard that some Fantasia players stole Jewelia player's names. .__.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

04-12-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalezOMG!Pangya

Lydasquid is a glorious beacon of lightLydasquid is a glorious beacon of lightLydasquid is a glorious beacon of lightLydasquid is a glorious beacon of lightLydasquid is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Lydasquid | DrewyTea
Class: Explorer | Meister lt_gunslinger
Level: Noob | 80
Guild: thelasthope

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingDreamer
I guess, but benefits that Jewlia has-->More Ppl->More Uniques->More "stuff like quests/rares/fuses/ being sold" not to include ppl post when they're selling pts.

Maybe merging servers would make it laggy but at least make it so we can "HOP" servers without having to restart.
Jewelia's market is very different to Fantasia's, i'd think the sudden merge would cause the market costs to go completely crazy.
I'm all for a merge but like others said before, a lot of problems could arise from it.
What would happen if two people with the same name were found? Would that mean that the characters would be deleted or frozen?

I just don't think the merge would work :I If SG can make it work, then by all means merge them.
But i do agree with Rydia with making another channel on it so it'd lighten the server load.
xCrumpet | Witch | 13x [F]

LaTale
DrewyTea | Meister | 8x
Lydasquid | Explorer | 6x

04-12-2011   #8 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Rydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond repute

Games have merged servers before though, it would take a lot of work but they could figure it all out if they really wanted to.

I think the best solution with characters that have the same name is the lower level get renamed "Trickster94384" whatever and they get a free rename item. Only really fair way I can think of, giving it to the person who created it first would give pretty much every single name to Jewelia. I don't think there is a solution that would please everyone on that one... adding a _F or _J on the end of the names would be so terrible.

04-12-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
MapleStoryTrickster OnlinezOMG!

Gaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to all
IGN: Gaidin
Class: Water/Electric Wizard
Level: 220/233

Interestingly enough, I prefer Fantasia (Insomuch as I can prefer without having tried Jewlia) BECAUSE there are less people playing. More people only theoretically means more supply, because there is also more demand. This screws up the economy a hell of a lot. Lurking around I notice that prices on Jewlia, from what I can gather, are 2-3x what they are on Fantasia based on my observations. That's not exactly my idea of fun.

That's not even the bigger point for me either, I just noted that since it seems to be a big selling point for the thread starter. The bigger point for me is that there are less people in general playing. I'm one of those that prefers less crowding. Have you ever tried to farm something for a quest only to have 2-3 other people farming at the same time, and thus no one makes any notable progress? Or trying to farm something and someone way higher level is farming it with a sprint so you spend more time running around looking for the desired monster than killing them? How about trying to drill with a non-sense and people farming on the map means things keep spawning on you and wasting your drill charges? Little things like this can make or break a game experience for me, and a smaller population on Fantasia means I'm not stepping on people's toes as often, or vice versa. Sure, there are downsides such as less people to Party Quest, or just plain party with, but on the whole I prefer a smaller pool of players. There are also issues with lag as others have said.

Besides that, there is the major issue of what Abbeh brought up. If the worlds were merged, names suddenly become a big issue. Both character and guild names are duplicated across the worlds, so the issue becomes one of how to fairly work on this. A quick search on the main site tells me that there is no Gaidin in Jewlia, so my main character wouldn't have this issue. However, let's just assume there was. Who gets to keep the "real" name? Would I, coming from the newer world, get something like [F] attached to my name, so I would be something like Gaidin [F]? Would the Jewlia version become Gaidin [J]? That's not exactly what we signed up for name wise when starting the game, and I know it would piss me off to have my name "force changed/amended" due to something like that.

So while I think that theoretically it's a potentially interesting idea, I'd very, very heavily prefer not to have it happen. Frankly I don't think it will either, but if SGI ever asked us about it, I'd vote against it. Overcrowding was only a small part of why I stopped playing Maple, but it definitely contributed.

04-12-2011   #10 (permalink)
Phat booty is <3
Games
Trickster Online

prison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to prison
IGN: [Banned from TO All over]
Level: xxx
Guild: God of War

didn't read most of the posts but my idea is why not merge them with 2 channels...it would be the same as ~ 2 years ago then :>

04-12-2011   #11 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaidin
Your biggest problem is easily solved with the addition of channels. I think it would really be the best of both worlds if they did this, you can go on the first channel when you want a party, when you need to buy something, when you need PEOPLE and you could hide in the second channel when you just want to be alone to do whatever. I miss being able to do that lol.

04-12-2011   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

lnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to alllnwmakmak is a name known to all

2 servers >>> 1 server >>> finding new games

04-12-2011   #13 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydasaurus
Jewelia's market is very different to Fantasia's, i'd think the sudden merge would cause the market costs to go completely crazy.
I'm all for a merge but like others said before, a lot of problems could arise from it.
I think this is probably my biggest concern with a merge. From what I hear, MyShop is typically 4m/1k, a third of a "low" price on Jewelia. I think that's my biggest concern. I mean, what would all the Fantasians do?

04-12-2011   #14 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

/soap box tiem

NO. NO. AND NO.

Quoted from my journal about said topic:

Spoiler!

But, as a Fantasian player, it is NEVER a mistake to choose to play in the server. That was your choice in the first place. I also spend time in Jewelia, albeit not as much as Fantasia. There ARE people who populate Fantasia, and just because most of them don't populate in ggFTW as well, doesn't mean that Fantasia is dead.

Personally, I don't think Fantasia sucks. If you're complaining about it, go to Jewelia. No one's stopping you. Don't like Jewelia? Well, sucks to be you.

And the whole thing about making new characters? Well, that's what servers are: there're places where you start fresh, anew. Yeah, it sucks, but you should know how to make money, how to raise levels, but possibly with new friends. And if you complain about it the whole time? Well, obviously you either had a lot of help in the low-level days or you just like to whine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirae
The only problem is names. I've heard that some Fantasia players stole Jewelia player's names. .__.
And Jewelian players also stole Fantasia player's names too. Someone made a Kanani in Jewelia and that for sure ain't me. The only way I'm able to distinguish myself in Jewelia to have Nymph in front of my IGNs.

And to those that have said, 'they should've just kept Jewelia', think about it this way: whatever happened, happened. Fantasia is the server I started in, and either Fantasia implodes or I chose so, it is the server that I will quit in when the time comes.

/end soap box

04-12-2011   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
MapleStoryTrickster OnlinezOMG!

Gaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to all
IGN: Gaidin
Class: Water/Electric Wizard
Level: 220/233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydia
Your biggest problem is easily solved with the addition of channels. I think it would really be the best of both worlds if they did this, you can go on the first channel when you want a party, when you need to buy something, when you need PEOPLE and you could hide in the second channel when you just want to be alone to do whatever. I miss being able to do that lol.
Yeah, I realize that much. But given how Ntreev yanked a channel (and SGI hasn't brought it back), I'd only expect 1 channel addition if the worlds were merged. In my personal opinion, given how that IS my largest issue, there would "need" to be 3 servers to balance it out, since it's arguable that Jewlia could still use 2 servers depending on one's point of view. Call me overly pessimistic, bug given all I don't see a "proper" number of servers being added were this to ever happen.

Fortunately the name issue is probably a complicated enough thing it's not likely to happen/become a real worry.

04-12-2011   #16 (permalink)
shotgun opera lock'n load
Special
Games
FiestaTrickster OnlineTransformice!King of Kings III
Awards Event WinnerSotW Professional

moffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Heyou

Quote:
I think the best solution with characters that have the same name is the lower level get renamed "Trickster94384" whatever and they get a free rename item.
That wouldn't be fair at all to someone still active that happened to have the name first. For example, a character that is suicided to purposely keep from leveling past a certain level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini
/soap box tiem

NO. NO. AND NO.
"soap box tiem" or no, your opening made me not want to even give what you had to say a chance, even after reading it. Surely there was a better way than conjuring the image of a temper tantrum.

The closest thing to fair I can think of for the names issue is this:

Both accounts are looked at to see when the last login was to check for activity. If one hasn't been used in a year or more, the name can be purged and that character renamed to Trickster(numbers) with a free name-changing item sent to their Myshop inventory along with a note (like the job change guides and Poppuri letters) explaining why this happened and what their options are.

If both accounts happen to still be active, this of course makes it harder. I would suggest emailing the owner of both accounts with the option for a free rename versus keeping the current one.

If both accounts choose to keep the current name, it would default to a first-come, first-served basis. This could either be first to create the character with that name, or first to respond back to the email.

As for the channels, I would be all for the re-opening of the Pearl channel, with the possibility of opening a third channel if needed. A third channel could be opened at a later date if the first two channels show enough signs of heavy use to warrant it.

04-12-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:

Might be more productive to post at the official boards though? If there isn't already a thread there idk.
where's that?

04-12-2011   #18 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Quote:

If they do that, then do like Rydia said.

A channel is basically... Channels. When you pick Jewelia, there's a channel called "Ruby Island". (As for Fantasia having "Dream Island" as it's channel.) You can make more if SGI is willing to make another server build or something to store the lands of a 2nd channel. (If you havne't played since OB or at 2007, Jewelia Island had a second channel called "Pearl Island". They removed it for unknown reasons other than the heavy cost to host a channel.)

I'm a Jewelia player, but I have a nice Lvl. 57 Sheep at Fantasia, and I want to leave her that way so I can split between Jewelia for Powers/Charms and Fantasia for my Magics. (Also a way to not complain about my bank clutters for all types of equips.)

04-12-2011   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

AlexInWonderland will become famous soon enoughAlexInWonderland will become famous soon enough
IGN: CaptainNemo
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 210
Guild: Pirate

Fantasia is cheaper.
You get myshop for cheaper AND you can sell for less so it's easier to get what you need in the long run.

Things in Fantasia are also more rare since there are less people with rare items so the value goes up.

I love Fantasia, never need to mess with Jewelia.

Last edited by AlexInWonderland; 04-13-2011 at 12:40 AM.

04-13-2011   #20 (permalink)
random
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineRappelzFiesta

coolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to coolbluex
IGN: coolbluex|Amarys
Class: Gladiator to_mercenary
Level: 30x
Guild: *~Mirage Coordinator~*

Quote:
same
i would use channel 1 to party and grind and channel 2 to farm items cause hardly anyone is on there

though if it were 2 channels again it would mean i'd have to switch between 2 channels just to find someone specific ._.

only thing i'd hate from the server merge is the name changing cause i take a long time to come up with names and it'd just be a pain all over....

Last edited by coolbluex; 04-13-2011 at 01:30 AM.