ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

8.7

View Poll Results: The most overpowering characters is...??? REVISOIN
BUNNY 45 53.57%
BUFFALO 2 2.38%
SHEEP 6 7.14%
DRAGON 6 7.14%
FOX 1 1.19%
LION 1 1.19%
CAT 1 1.19%
RACCOON 11 13.10%
I don't know...it difficult to say... 11 13.10%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-10-2011   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
KahruNYA's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineEden Eternal
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hakugyoukurou
Posts: 392
Blog Entries: 4
iTrader: (5)
KahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant future
IGN: Kahru | Reimuu | Conduite
Class: Soul Master | Witch | Champion to_soulmaster
Level: 3xx/36x | 23x/2xx | 14x/13x
Default

Bunny and light Sheep/hybrid light Dragon for me.

The only thing I could possibly see the "3rd DNA" doing with skills is adding / modifying skills to the classes that aren't already overpowered. Just to make everyone overpowered and happy. AFAIK it's what happened to the new MvC 3 game (Marvel vs. Capcom 3) and now people love it.

I mean, Sheep is listed up there on the poll, but which Sheep? Light and Dark hybrid Sheep with either Water/Elec or Fire/Elec are incredibly strong due to a huge move-set of "useful/OP" skills in PvP, of which I don't think I need to name on a wiki where one could look it up in a minute.

Pure Sheep though, get a field spell that helps bossing (offensively) two very weak auto damage-back skills (not shields or reflectors, they reflect nothing!) and two slightly (very slightly) stronger damage skills that take twice the MP, longer cast time, and do about ~25% more damage with no added effects.

My point is that some of the split classes (pure/hybrid) are different in terms of being 'overpowered' and can't be grouped together like "SHEEP" or "CAT". It's probably why most of the votes have gone to Bunny, because frankly, both hybrid and pure Bunnies are overpowered due to Tetra Punch (the obnoxious damage skill) being a SECOND JOB skill.

__________________

Only used IGNs: Kahru | Reimuu. Anyone else claiming to be me is a scammer.
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-12-2011   #22 (permalink)
If I don't look down.
Verse's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsDofus
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere You don't know
Posts: 1,637
iTrader: (13)
Verse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Linverse
Class: A nab. to_sheep
Level: Check it in-game.
Guild: *~M.C~*
Default

@Vixen, I was just trying to say that Foxes are much better than Lions ;-; But yea, Foxes arent the MOST overpower D:
__________________


I r Bulletproof~
 
04-16-2011   #23 (permalink)
roflcopter
mclericp's Avatar
Games
Dragon Nest
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Land
Posts: 1,715
iTrader: (15)
mclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to all
IGN: dun tell
Class: Human wearing animal clothes
Level: -1
Guild: TBA
Xfire: Xfire is gay i use FRAPS
Default

Well i found a good way to kill a merc(buff using bunny skills) using charm. As long as u have hax HV, dp and ap, long with some good AC, it is possible to kill a merc/bun easily. You can simply skunk the bun/merc and get rid of his guard, and keep on skunking him whenever u have the chance. Then just spam onepair or any other skills on him and make sure u skunk him frequently, although there is a chance it might fail. But the most important thing is to survive the damage, and HV/DP/HP works well. It worked for me though...
__________________
Dragon nest FTW, Nexon can eat my crap ><
 
04-16-2011   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Wendyfav3's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 797
iTrader: (0)
Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough
Default

do you people not read the rules -.-...NO EQUIPS ON CHARACTERS....THINK ABOUT THAT.... of course if your HAX you have a higher chance of winning regarless....well not completely regardless but ether way anyone character that hax would have higher chance of winning...SO NO EQUIPS PEOPLE AS IT CAN DIFFER ALOT...>_<
 
04-17-2011   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 269
iTrader: (0)
Unpierce will become famous soon enoughUnpierce will become famous soon enough
Default

Rules? With all the blank lines in your post, it looks to me like the 'rules' section is empty. Those parts after that have 'NOTE' infront of them? I see those as notes, not rules simply because it says 'NOTE' infront of them, but I do know what you mean.

Anyway, no equips means no guns or bullets for lions, no needles for foxes and no cards for raccoons too, right? That'll send your lions straight to the bottom with no chance of rising. Foxes and raccoons aren't disabled as badly, they've still got some attacks they can use without ammo. Or a weapon for that matter. Not like any of this affects the bunnies at the top though.
 
04-17-2011   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Reaper's Avatar
Games
Trickster Online
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 252
iTrader: (6)
Reaper will become famous soon enoughReaper will become famous soon enough
IGN: HunterIO
Class: Lion, Buffalo, Cat, Fox to_scientist
Level: 314, 24x, 23x, 22x
Guild: Tomodachi, Spartans!, Space Cowboys, Supporter's Guild
Default

Yea...I can't shoot. For Pvm wise, it'd be Buffalo I think, pretty balanced still. For PvP, Bunny still hands down.
 
04-18-2011   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Lydasquid's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalezOMG!Pangya
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: England
Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)
Lydasquid is a glorious beacon of lightLydasquid is a glorious beacon of lightLydasquid is a glorious beacon of lightLydasquid is a glorious beacon of lightLydasquid is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Lydasquid | DrewyTea
Class: Explorer | Meister lt_gunslinger
Level: Noob | 80
Guild: thelasthope
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyfav3
do you people not read the rules -.-...NO EQUIPS ON CHARACTERS....THINK ABOUT THAT.... of course if your HAX you have a higher chance of winning regarless....well not completely regardless but ether way anyone character that hax would have higher chance of winning...SO NO EQUIPS PEOPLE AS IT CAN DIFFER ALOT...>_<
As said before
That doesn't change that bunnies are still the most over powered
__________________
Trickster Online
Teax | Soul Master | 210 [F]
xMarzipan | Duelist | 15x [F]
xCrumpet | Witch | 13x [F]


LaTale
DrewyTea | Meister | 8x
Lydasquid | Explorer | 6x


 
04-18-2011   #28 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalPangyaS4 League
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 729
iTrader: (4)
YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: YenSai/BeautyDisaster
Class: Foxeh/Cat to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x/TM 38x
Guild: {7N}
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydasaurus
The update in the 3rd DNA didn't say it'd even out the classes.
The only way to do that would be to nerf every class, and i very much doubt SG will do that.

And they'd also have to nerf myshop, which wont happen cause that's their source of income. Peeps wanna be powerfull= buy lots of myshop.

Also the skills that dont work properly aren't really the ones that make classes OP, for example boutism cloud- the 2nd job sheep earth skill- that doesn't work properly and no one uses it because of that.
New skill wise, i heard only some classes are getting them- dunno if it was a rumour or not, but i heard something about no new sheep fire or earth skills and other stuff- but that's just speculation.

We can only wait and see what SG do, but i doubt it'll be anything amazing.
I mean look what they did to fiesta OTL
I agree 100% .-.
especially with fiesta >.>
I heard the rumor about new skills is only for pure chars..not sure ;-;
But I also doubt they will nerf every class..Not all of them are OP
They would need to nerf dark mages a bit so foxes have a way to get around them..They would also need to nerf powers in general..Their damage is uncalled for
Not ALL of the skills that don't work correctly are useless..In pvp Primadonna's 2 hit combo is completely messed up..that's their main attack skill right now :s
I don't think they need to nerf myshop..It's not unbalancing the game, because every char has equal amounts of stuff they can get for equips..It's just giving players more powerful equip, and yes it is their source of income..If all characters have more powerful equip, then it's not unbalancing the game really.. And I think they did a pretty good job of keeping that balanced if you ask me xD
Anyway I'm done ranting on this thread >:
Spoiler!
 
04-18-2011   #29 (permalink)
The Situation
Bloodybun's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineCounter-Strike Online
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada/Montreal
Posts: 510
iTrader: (21)
Bloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Bloodybun/BloodybunII
Class: Bunny to_bunny
Level: 275/ 300
Guild: ~Euphoria~
Default

All I see around here is yes bunnies are overpowered because they do crazy dmg. The thing is, you guys forgot about that crazy SOH from mages and crazy hp from coons. If they don't make a class like power, then who would be able to take down a 2.5k+ MA SOH or 100k+ HP? Yes foxes can kill either of those above, but it might take ages and probabilities are they'd be killed before. My point is, yes bunnies are overpowered but what will happen if they can't deal that much dmg? So light mages + coons would own the game and you guys will complaining about how hax they are? It's kinda balanced if you ask me ( maybe beside senses who's being underpowered compared to the other classes )

Ps. Don't get mad.
__________________
~Jewelia~
BloodybunII
Bloodybun
Watchu know about Phoe?
 
04-18-2011   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
MidnightSnack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 347
iTrader: (1)
MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.
Guild: Astro Blitz
Default

But 100k+ HP/2.5k MA only comes in with hax/myshop items.. and thus obviously requires hax/myshop items to retaliate.

The problem only arises when we assume that other jobs don't have just as much of a chance to obtain such high powered equipment.. >_>; i.e. Maybe if it was impossible to find high AP EQ, but it's not.

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 04-18-2011 at 07:13 PM.
 
04-18-2011   #31 (permalink)
The Situation
Bloodybun's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineCounter-Strike Online
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada/Montreal
Posts: 510
iTrader: (21)
Bloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Bloodybun/BloodybunII
Class: Bunny to_bunny
Level: 275/ 300
Guild: ~Euphoria~
Default

How can't they have the same chances? Most bunnies are using powerful, so does mages. Unique can be used for charms and buns, or bloodsword for mages ( for dark att ). There's so many way to get decent gears without that much myshop. A normal bunny would still lose to a normal mage, same goes to a hax vs hax. The thing is yes, bunny has skills that does high dmg, but they're still weak to mages. You can't blame on skills like tetra doing such damages just because people don't know how to handle a mage in a field. Obviously, mages were made initially to kill powers. Of course bunnies can kill them back, but it's not only a matter of gears or stats but how to fight.
__________________
~Jewelia~
BloodybunII
Bloodybun
Watchu know about Phoe?
 
04-18-2011   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
MidnightSnack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 347
iTrader: (1)
MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.
Guild: Astro Blitz
Default

I'm saying if there wasn't an equal chance, then your argument would be valid. Mages would be overpowered because of how easy it is to get better EQ compared to the difficulty for other classes. But like you implied.. the chances are the same. If there is a possibility for a 2.5k MA mage, then there's just as much of a possibility for a bunny/buff/fox/whatever to match that.

lul, maybe if it wasn't based on simple hit and run. Plus using skills doesn't require something insane like solving a puzzle while you're activating it. Just a simple click, more or less. I'd say "how to fight" isn't really much of a factor at all, but rather the power of the ingame skills we can use. No one's really dumb enough to just stand there, amirite?

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 04-18-2011 at 08:16 PM.
 
04-18-2011   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Argorath's Avatar
Games
Trickster Online
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 283
iTrader: (3)
Argorath has a spectacular aura aboutArgorath has a spectacular aura aboutArgorath has a spectacular aura about
Default

I agree with the statement that mages are indeed made to kill powers. Most go down with one AR from any of the five classes possible. Dark Lords with high HP are literally undefeatable by power types as most I know sacrifice power for HP, especially when they comp everything for attribute.
I have to admit that Mages are extremely easy to get EQs for. It's the simple balancing of skills and stats - if you're a Dark Lord, you need high HP and decent LK to survive. Not even too much MA is needed. I would comp for more Dark Attribute than anything else. If you're a Light Sheep/Dragon, you only need high MA and LK. Thusforth, you can pretty much survive anything. Most light mages I know only have a pitiful amount of around 4k HP average while having over 1k MA.

GardenofEden:
A 2.5k MA mage with SoH?
The formula is thus: MA x %, the mastery of the skill being 4500.
So 2,500 multiplied by 45 would give you a whopping 112,500 HP. I don't see ANY class that can literally break that in seconds without them recasting or killing you, especially sheeps and wizards that can Shard/Electro you with their high MA, killing you in seconds. You forgot about the Light Shield too, boosting their DP and MD to a decent value too. Even coons die.

BloodyBun:
I don't have a rabbit, but I agree with you. However, most SoH's are extremely hard to kill, especially with most Mage's high luck.
And Dark Lord with high HP? Have fun.

Now, for my rant about this topic (as Trickster is having one second lag for me right now, which I don't get since I just speedtested and I got 79 MBPS Ping. Unless someone else is stealing my WPA Internet...Pissed me off since I got killed by Soki and I just used a drop card fortune too.):

Rabbits (Champion):
Bunnies are indeed the MOST OPed class They kill average SoHers with one Tetra, and then follow up with another quick and murdering move. Charms can only rely on their HV/HP to survive (Sumo Suit, if you have it) and quick reaction. Even then, they'll need to break that dam Guard. Buffalos really don't have a chance.
Lions. I don't even want to go there. One Tetra, and you're done.
Foxes too.
The only class I can think would kill them efficiently would be Dark Lords with high HP.

Raccoons (Gamblers):
"God dam it to the bowels of bloody hell!" This class really irritates me. With a quick combo of Impelling Rage, and then literal spam after spam of Skunk Pouch and Full House, you're dead if they hit. Lions and foxes don't really stand a chance, especially foxes. Bunnies and Buffalos could POSSIBLY OHKO them with a strong, elemental move (given they have high elemental attribute), and most mages are screwed, unless you manage to cast rust or survive with your SoH. But Mana Reflector pretty much renders them useless.

Light Witch/Wizard:
I absolutely HATE how SoH is abused. Take that skill away, and the amount of light users would literally fall to less than 10%. With high MA (as explained above, the formula) and extremely high LK to back it up (I know a pure LK wizard...oh God.), they're nearly unkillable. Depending on states, they could render a stalemate and possible kill for Raccoons. Bunnies are lucky if they don't get blocked and Buffalos...are pretty much screwed.
I know most go Electric/Fire or Electric/Ice. With Electroshock and Shard of the Glacier in play, you would be lucky to pull off a nice one on a high MA SoH user.

Dark Lords:
As explained above.
High HP/LK + Ghostly Whisper and Dark Commando.
Most classes are screwed.
Lions are lucky if they can kill a high HP Dark Lord before they kill them.
Only class I think can kill these are higher HP Rabbits or High MA Wizards/Priests/Witches.

Foxes:
Yep, you're a sitting duck if you're hit. But get high DA and good LK, and you might survive a blow or two.
Gotta love Hide.

Lions:
Pretty much every move OHKOs them especially if you don't have enough LK.
AR = Dead.
Tetra = Dead.
One Pair = Dead.
It's extremely hard for this class to balance between HP, Defense, and AC.

I think this is about it.
And I'm still lagging on Trickster.
 
04-18-2011   #34 (permalink)
The Situation
Bloodybun's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineCounter-Strike Online
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada/Montreal
Posts: 510
iTrader: (21)
Bloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Bloodybun/BloodybunII
Class: Bunny to_bunny
Level: 275/ 300
Guild: ~Euphoria~
Default

@ GardenofEden

Of course skills doesn't require something insane since you just have to press a button. But that here comes the deal, when both are unbuffed, what will you do? There's also that resist fact coming in. Your point is more valid in a gvg since it's about a 1hko and run, but when it comes to a duel, it's not about the power anymore. Let's say a coon vs bunny, from your point you'd say a bun would easily beat a coon cuz of it's damage. But what if he's skunked, GG for the bunny? No there's always that logic of switching gears to hv and such. Therefore, you can't assume that skill isn't a fact. I'd like to see how many buns can survive after a skunk. Not much right? well it's because they only rely on that '' whoever hit first will win '', people like you.

@ Akihiko
''Even then, they'll need to break that dam Guard. Buffalos really don't have a chance.''

Guard isn't a big deal, I know lots of coons who can take it down within few sec. And yet skunk'ed you can't do much. About buffalos, there's always that GB+FAINT method, either of these 2 can take coons down. But nowadays, who use that GB+element method anymore? They nerf'ed the hv so power can hit with as much AC. Otherwise, they'd be invincible?

Like i'm saying it's all balanced ( probably not to senses but they still have some chances ) ----> statement based on same lvl and same degrees of haxness and not about a lv 200 against 300.

Mage eats power alive. The way around is true also depending on how that bunny knows how to fight even rusted. > they also kill senses if they outlk them > charm too if they keep spaming electro

Power > charm+sense depending on some facts

Charm > mages+ power

Sense can take down guard > power / > sometimes charms too (landmine + hide ....) / magic is a bit harder but still possible .
__________________
~Jewelia~
BloodybunII
Bloodybun
Watchu know about Phoe?

Last edited by Bloodybun; 04-18-2011 at 09:09 PM.
 
04-19-2011   #35 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalPangyaS4 League
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 729
iTrader: (4)
YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: YenSai/BeautyDisaster
Class: Foxeh/Cat to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x/TM 38x
Guild: {7N}
Default

Warning: Long response here @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodybun
All I see around here is yes bunnies are overpowered because they do crazy dmg. The thing is, you guys forgot about that crazy SOH from mages and crazy hp from coons. If they don't make a class like power, then who would be able to take down a 2.5k+ MA SOH or 100k+ HP? Yes foxes can kill either of those above, but it might take ages and probabilities are they'd be killed before. My point is, yes bunnies are overpowered but what will happen if they can't deal that much dmg? So light mages + coons would own the game and you guys will complaining about how hax they are? It's kinda balanced if you ask me ( maybe beside senses who's being underpowered compared to the other classes )

Ps. Don't get mad.
Or a huge solution would be to nerf both classes..Because it is literally almost impossible for a fox to take down a mage like that. With 2.5k+ MA, that gives them a LOT of MA to lose to equip stats with lk, which makes foxes have to wear LK to survive their AR(even though it hits 1-3 times automatically even if the fox outlks them)..If foxes wear lk, then we can't break the SoH either way..If we wear DA, we die in 1 AR. But the thing is powers' damage is just uncalled for. I know MOST bunnies in pvp's tetra do WELL over 140k damage..Not to mention they have FF..I know a bunny who had about 210 MA(VERY easy to get), and FF did 99k non-crit in pvp. That's ridiculous. But yes I agree with senses being a bit underpowered.. It takes A LOT more work for us to be even strong enough to survive one skill from other chars..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenofEden
But 100k+ HP/2.5k MA only comes in with hax/myshop items.. and thus obviously requires hax/myshop items to retaliate.

The problem only arises when we assume that other jobs don't have just as much of a chance to obtain such high powered equipment.. >_>; i.e. Maybe if it was impossible to find high AP EQ, but it's not.
But the difference is..It IS impossible for foxes to get high DA equip. We have NO refine able DA equips except for 1 hat that is very hard to get, not to mention you need lvl 305 to use it. Even if a fox has hax myshop equips, it takes A LOT more effort to be able to get down a 2.5k MA SoH than it does for a charm or power, or even another mage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenofEden
I'm saying if there wasn't an equal chance, then your argument would be valid. Mages would be overpowered because of how easy it is to get better EQ compared to the difficulty for other classes. But like you implied.. the chances are the same. If there is a possibility for a 2.5k MA mage, then there's just as much of a possibility for a bunny/buff/fox/whatever to match that.

lul, maybe if it wasn't based on simple hit and run. Plus using skills doesn't require something insane like solving a puzzle while you're activating it. Just a simple click, more or less. I'd say "how to fight" isn't really much of a factor at all, but rather the power of the ingame skills we can use. No one's really dumb enough to just stand there, amirite?
There isn't an equal chance for other chars to match those stats. It is WAY too easy for mages to get equip..especially with the new temper/refine thing. You have to remember that like I mentioned before.. a 2.5k MA mage has a LOT of room to switch around stats..and use LK gear still with a good 1.8k MA. That forces foxes to wear LK, and if we wear LK then we have low DA, making our only 2 skills that could actually do good damage to their SoH bombs, and sudden attack.
And even if foxes don't stand there while fighting..All it usually takes is 1 click from the mage(AR) and it's over for us, whereas we have to put forth a ton more effort just to get through their SoH(not to MENTION IT'S COOLDOWN IS SO LOW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akihiko
I agree with the statement that mages are indeed made to kill powers. Most go down with one AR from any of the five classes possible. Dark Lords with high HP are literally undefeatable by power types as most I know sacrifice power for HP, especially when they comp everything for attribute.
I have to admit that Mages are extremely easy to get EQs for. It's the simple balancing of skills and stats - if you're a Dark Lord, you need high HP and decent LK to survive. Not even too much MA is needed. I would comp for more Dark Attribute than anything else. If you're a Light Sheep/Dragon, you only need high MA and LK. Thusforth, you can pretty much survive anything. Most light mages I know only have a pitiful amount of around 4k HP average while having over 1k MA.

GardenofEden:
A 2.5k MA mage with SoH?
The formula is thus: MA x %, the mastery of the skill being 4500.
So 2,500 multiplied by 45 would give you a whopping 112,500 HP. I don't see ANY class that can literally break that in seconds without them recasting or killing you, especially sheeps and wizards that can Shard/Electro you with their high MA, killing you in seconds. You forgot about the Light Shield too, boosting their DP and MD to a decent value too. Even coons die.

BloodyBun:
I don't have a rabbit, but I agree with you. However, most SoH's are extremely hard to kill, especially with most Mage's high luck.
And Dark Lord with high HP? Have fun.

Now, for my rant about this topic (as Trickster is having one second lag for me right now, which I don't get since I just speedtested and I got 79 MBPS Ping. Unless someone else is stealing my WPA Internet...Pissed me off since I got killed by Soki and I just used a drop card fortune too.):

Rabbits (Champion):
Bunnies are indeed the MOST OPed class They kill average SoHers with one Tetra, and then follow up with another quick and murdering move. Charms can only rely on their HV/HP to survive (Sumo Suit, if you have it) and quick reaction. Even then, they'll need to break that dam Guard. Buffalos really don't have a chance.
Lions. I don't even want to go there. One Tetra, and you're done.
Foxes too.
The only class I can think would kill them efficiently would be Dark Lords with high HP.

Raccoons (Gamblers):
"God dam it to the bowels of bloody hell!" This class really irritates me. With a quick combo of Impelling Rage, and then literal spam after spam of Skunk Pouch and Full House, you're dead if they hit. Lions and foxes don't really stand a chance, especially foxes. Bunnies and Buffalos could POSSIBLY OHKO them with a strong, elemental move (given they have high elemental attribute), and most mages are screwed, unless you manage to cast rust or survive with your SoH. But Mana Reflector pretty much renders them useless.

Light Witch/Wizard:
I absolutely HATE how SoH is abused. Take that skill away, and the amount of light users would literally fall to less than 10%. With high MA (as explained above, the formula) and extremely high LK to back it up (I know a pure LK wizard...oh God.), they're nearly unkillable. Depending on states, they could render a stalemate and possible kill for Raccoons. Bunnies are lucky if they don't get blocked and Buffalos...are pretty much screwed.
I know most go Electric/Fire or Electric/Ice. With Electroshock and Shard of the Glacier in play, you would be lucky to pull off a nice one on a high MA SoH user.

Dark Lords:
As explained above.
High HP/LK + Ghostly Whisper and Dark Commando.
Most classes are screwed.
Lions are lucky if they can kill a high HP Dark Lord before they kill them.
Only class I think can kill these are higher HP Rabbits or High MA Wizards/Priests/Witches.

Foxes:
Yep, you're a sitting duck if you're hit. But get high DA and good LK, and you might survive a blow or two.
Gotta love Hide.

Lions:
Pretty much every move OHKOs them especially if you don't have enough LK.
AR = Dead.
Tetra = Dead.
One Pair = Dead.
It's extremely hard for this class to balance between HP, Defense, and AC.

I think this is about it.
And I'm still lagging on Trickster.
You're right..One tetra and MOST characters are dead. (Unless you're a charm with a lot of HP/HV to survive it). There is absolutely NO chance of a fox or lion surviving tetra, or even uppercut.
Even dark lords with high HP can't kill most powers..Because all the power needs to do is LK-break(which removes WAY too much lk btw,)and use FF(like I said earlier, 210 MA = 99k non-crit).
I agree with the raccoons. They have too many stuns.. Impelling and the other fart already impair you from moving..Not to mention they have 2 more stuns(full house and skunk). That makes you COMPLETELY unable to move the WHOLE time you fight them. And their ridiculous damage with farts is enough to kill most SoH's in 1 or 2 hits. But once again, a light mage can kill them. A wizard has electroshock, which stuns the charm..And with a 2.5k MA SoH, they can repeatedly stun with electroshock, then AR, stun, repeat..and recast SoH in the middle of it because it's cooltime is so low p_q

Even foxes with high LK can't survive hits. It doesn't help them survive physical classes..only mages..and like I said 500 times earlier...Even if a mage is in full Ma set(2.5k SoH is like 10k hit each arrow from AR), their AR hits 1-3 times even if you have 500 more LK than the mage. That means you'd need to have more lk than the mage and a good 31k hp to be safe just from 1 AR.

For lions they are really hard to balance..but it is possible. Lions can beat foxes if they know how to balance..But the only thing is, if foxes outlk the lion, all the foxes need to do is debuff them so they can hit the lion's HV, and the lion is dead once again..Lions need a lot of help :s






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodybun
@ GardenofEden

Of course skills doesn't require something insane since you just have to press a button. But that here comes the deal, when both are unbuffed, what will you do? There's also that resist fact coming in. Your point is more valid in a gvg since it's about a 1hko and run, but when it comes to a duel, it's not about the power anymore. Let's say a coon vs bunny, from your point you'd say a bun would easily beat a coon cuz of it's damage. But what if he's skunked, GG for the bunny? No there's always that logic of switching gears to hv and such. Therefore, you can't assume that skill isn't a fact. I'd like to see how many buns can survive after a skunk. Not much right? well it's because they only rely on that '' whoever hit first will win '', people like you.

@ Akihiko
''Even then, they'll need to break that dam Guard. Buffalos really don't have a chance.''

Guard isn't a big deal, I know lots of coons who can take it down within few sec. And yet skunk'ed you can't do much. About buffalos, there's always that GB+FAINT method, either of these 2 can take coons down. But nowadays, who use that GB+element method anymore? They nerf'ed the hv so power can hit with as much AC. Otherwise, they'd be invincible?

Like i'm saying it's all balanced ( probably not to senses but they still have some chances ) ----> statement based on same lvl and same degrees of haxness and not about a lv 200 against 300.

Mage eats power alive. The way around is true also depending on how that bunny knows how to fight even rusted. > they also kill senses if they outlk them > charm too if they keep spaming electro

Power > charm+sense depending on some facts

Charm > mages+ power

Sense can take down guard > power / > sometimes charms too (landmine + hide ....) / magic is a bit harder but still possible .
I pretty much agree with all of the above..It is POSSIBLE to fight a mage..But it takes way too much effort..and the mages with 2.5k+ MA are literally impossible to kill..unless they run into a full minefield poisoned from PA, and a fox chains them all at once. (and how rare is that to actually happen? ._.)

 
04-19-2011   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Wendyfav3's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 797
iTrader: (0)
Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough
Default

hhhmmmm....On second thought...you do need equips...My Apologize...dam I miss 1 mistake o.e....

well anyway...this is sure is complacated...I do think most problem relay on those skills so yea...hhhmmmm...yea not all skills will be balance but the ones not working right...the ones that waaayyyy OP and other stuff....I do think those will be balance and fix correctly...but who knows...we are just gonna have to wait till then...then lets see which are OP by then or something >_>


To see which is OP it does depends on some things... Equips, Stats, Skills, and for the players that plays the characters....Reaction time, stragity, the right moves and skills to use and stuff... and of course how smart are you with your characters in PvP...even when your hax I'm sure there are ways to beat your Opponets...Regarless that bunny has the Tetra Punch there are ways to deal with it and other skills...just need to think about it lolz

so yea it can be difficult and I still havent voted so gonna go with... ( I don't know, it difficult to say =/ )... (^-^)
 
04-19-2011   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Skyart's Avatar
Games
Dragon SagaLord of the Rings OnlineTrickster Online
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the clouds
Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)
Skyart has a spectacular aura aboutSkyart has a spectacular aura aboutSkyart has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Amatsubame
Class: Fail AM
Default

I've noticed a trend in the last few posts that most of the OPness of certain classes is put down to a few specific skills, namely: Tetra Punch, Flaming Fist, Arrow Rush, SoH, Dark Barrier+Dark Commando, IR, PC, Skunk and FH. Oddly enough, all bar the dark dragon skills are all possessed by the classes I and several others listed as the three most OP.

I'll summarise what I think needs doing to these skills to 'fix' them.

Tetra Punch: Completely unnecessarily powerful, to hit well over 100k with a single skill in trickster PvP is completely imbalanced. Either reduce the power of the hits a lot or severely nerf the skill's hit chance so that, for example, each hit has a 60% chance of hitting assuming equal user AC and target HV. Champions get 2 AC buffs so it's not exactly hard for them to get sufficient AC against most chars.

Flaming fist: A very powerful skill that actually lets champions attempt to beat their nemesis, the dark dragon. Frankly I have no problem with this skill in itself. The problem lies with the existence of the inferno set that can be entirely comped for fire attributes, which (as far as I can tell) is a bug that should have been fixed years ago. If fire attributes were only available on the weapon and MyShop rings, then flaming fist would be a bit fairer.

Arrow Rush: Similar to tetra punch, this skill is completely overkill, especially as it's a 1st job skill for crying out loud. The simple solution is to nerf its hit rate, as I suggested with tetra punch.

Shield of Heaven: most broken skill in the game, hands down. As Bloodybun said, it justifies tetra punch being so strong just to take this skill off. Solutions could be massively reduce the MA multiplier, give the shield a fixed amount of HP based on no stats, or make it have a cooldown longer than it's maximum duration. Something HAS to be done to it, or trickster PvP can never be balanced.

As a side note to these 2 mage skills, part of the reason they're so hax is because mages can get weaps that refine for MA, numerous other equips that comp for MA AND get an enormous 45% MA multiplier from mist of mana. Combine that with the fact the same stat is used for both offense and defence and you have the perfect recipe for imbalance.

Dark barrier: I think this skill is fair on its own, but dark commando makes it completely hax, again because of how much MA mages can stack. Simplest solution would be to remove the buff dark commando gives to it. It's still a threat then, but not so unbalancing.

Impelling rage and power charging: their high damage isn't such an issue as you can either keep your distance or just attack them and the damage drops. One issue is the stun effect on power charging, but that's quite fair for a 3rd job skill I think. The real problem is the fact raccoons get multiple stuns so they can stunlock anyone to death, and that's never fair.

Skunk pouch (and full house, though the risk of recoil makes it more balanced): Completely disabling your opponent for such a long time is plain cheap, especially when you can just carry on doing it when it runs out. Solutions could be increase the cooldown so you can't chain it, decrease it's success rate, or do something similar to a feature in LOTRO, whereby you are immune to further stuns/disables for a little while after you get stunned, so you can't be locked to death.

If those sort of balances were implemented, along with a few others, then PvP would be a lot closer to being balanced, and all it would take is some adjustments to numbers in the code here and there, with a bit of testing to get the balance right (something they clearly didn't do much in the first place).

Yippee, yet another really long post on this thread.
__________________

Trickster Online:
Lv. 22x SM; lv. 25x (mad) Scientist

Dragonica (EU):
Amatsubame, Lv. 68 Chaosmage

LOTRO (Withywindle):
Lv. 85 Elf Loremaster
 
04-19-2011   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Wendyfav3's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 797
iTrader: (0)
Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough
Default

I do hope you guys know that not much affect will happen here in ggftw...it be more relieable if you post your hatred in the Trickster Forum...althow it still not much but it gives better chance...


here the link to the tread >:I http://forum.ntreev.net/trickster/forums/t/64254.aspx

Last edited by Wendyfav3; 04-19-2011 at 04:02 PM.
 
04-19-2011   #39 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Jon's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,268
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (16)
Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I really don't see the need to nerf any of the skills, except maybe SoH (and this is coming from an ex light wizard). The average mage maybe has around 800-1200 MA, and you guys keep making it sound like everybody is hax; some of the haxness of skills are actually needed for the average players.

Just because a decent chunk of people are ultra hax, doesn't mean the skills need to be nerfed and ruined for the average/normal people. Even if 98% of the current skills were severely nerfed, you guys would be complaining that the ultra hax powers and mages still are able to kill you.

The ultra rich and resourceful people of Trickster will always dominate with nerfed skills or not, while the poor and weak will still continue to suffer. Such is life.

By the way, I am very far from being considered hax myself. I'm complaining because of a skill nerf not because it'll make me less hax, but because it'll make my characters even more weak than they already are. I don't have any power type characters, either.
__________________
 
04-19-2011   #40 (permalink)
Is not human
Special
Tragic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Away from everyone else
Posts: 242
iTrader: (2)
Tragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Tragic Send a message via MSN to Tragic
IGN: GONEgone
Guild: Various Ones
Default

It's outdated but try using this skill calculator to see how much damage each type can do equipless.


Skill calculator
__________________
[Sig picture in process]

+Rep if you find my/another's post helpful, thanks.
 

Bookmarks

Tags
hax, ntreeve, overpower, sg interactive, trickster online

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


zOMG!
Need a new browser game?

Try 

zOMG!

Rating:  

6.4
Hide this banner by registering for our community.