ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

View Poll Results: Do you like the new Fiesta?
Yes 22 26.51%
No 31 37.35%
Neutral 27 32.53%
I don't do/care about Fiesta. 3 3.61%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-21-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation
Default New Fiesta

I don't like the new system. At all. I do realize it has its good points but the bad seriously outweighs the good in my opinion.

The old system allowed players to do Fiesta at their own pace. You could do it whenever you want, AFK for hours at the gate and then resume. The new one pretty much forces you to be logged in and/or be at your computer every 2 hours or else you will miss those crucial 10 minutes. You can't do it whenever you want because you must be available at xx:06 or whatever time it is when it starts. Pain in the ass much?

The new exp rewards are, I admit, pretty good, at least in terms of the base. I also know that the new, higher level maps must be quite helpful for players 300+ who need more exp, base or TM. But the changes just defeat the purpose of Fiesta being a TM-happy place. There's now no good way of closing a poor base/TM gap besides the Nora Big TM quest which can be pretty annoying in itself.

So what is the community's general reaction to these changes? I'm tempted to send in a 1:1 to give my feedback about this crappy system, even if that won't change anything...

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-21-2011   #2 (permalink)
Insomnia
Games
Trickster OnlineRagnarok OnlineGunZGunbound

Demolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to beholdDemolitions is a splendid one to behold

I agree, they should change the "every 2 hr" thing to whenever we want, and atleast increase the time limit on being in fiesta for 30 mins. or 1 hour. twice a day.

03-21-2011   #3 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit more neutral to the Fiesta changes since I wasn't much of a Fiesta-hoar at all. I'd get a couple TM levels (at TM levels 1xx so not long really), get bored and then go do something else until Fiesta was gone. I wouldn't really do anything with it.

The new system, I kinda like because 10 minutes is a good amount of time for me that isn't long enough for me to lose my focus (I can only do about 2 out of the 3 hours on a booster because I get bored/ADD), but it is long enough that I still get some EXP. I tested the Fiesta yesterday on my lion, I got .1% (base) per monster (overleveled the monster but whatevs) and .05% (TM) per monster. I felt it was pretty decent for having no party as well.

I do agree that it does need to be a little longer. I think 20 minutes would be the optimum amount of time. 30 minutes is okay as well, but I feel any longer than 30 and it's just overkill. And ditch the every two hours to twice a day whenever you want, then it'd be perfectly fine with me.

03-21-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleEden Eternal
Awards Retired Wiki StaffMost Valuable DivisionEvent Winner

gawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: DiisneyLoverrrrr
Class: Sheepie

I'm neutral about it, I think the fiesta is good in general, but what it could improve is to just let us use the fiesta ticket twice per day whenever we want. Some people have more chars they would want to do fiesta with and the fixed time it starts makes it seem impossible to so. That's just about the only thing I can think of, asking more, will just make us look like spoiled children. Just my opinion.

03-21-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawhie
I'm neutral about it, I think the fiesta is good in general, but what it could improve is to just let us use the fiesta ticket twice per day whenever we want. Some people have more chars they would want to do fiesta with and the fixed time it starts makes it seem impossible to so. That's just about the only thing I can think of, asking more, will just make us look like spoiled children. Just my opinion.
Agreed. I could cope with that.

Two times per day, even if it's only for 10 minutes each time, whenever we want. The "every 2 hour" thing really bugs me. :x If I'm in the kitchen making dinner when it starts, I'm not gonna drop everything just to come back and do it.

03-21-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

Well at first I hated it, then I quite loved it because it meant just short 10 minute bursts of grinding, which is good for a lazy grinder like myself. But as time goes by, I've just felt it to be more of an annoyance. Every time the message tells us that it's about to start, I can't be bothered. I just get all lazy and don't want to go. Plus, I always seem to be in the middle of something when it starts.

Not to mention all day today I've been constantly missing out on it. I seem to keep going afk and when I come back, it's always too late. For example, Fiesta will open at 8pm and I happen to come back when it's 8:35pm. Then I have to wait until what, 10pm for the next one, only for me to forget and miss it again.

The twice a day whenever you want for 10 minutes is a really perfect idea and I'm all for it. The only thing for me personally with that, is that I'd more than likely get even lazier and barely even go at all. For the moment, I'm just in a "meh" mood about it, mainly because I just can't be bothered to go. I'm actually trying every alternative I can to get my bunny her last 15 TM levels for 3rd job without having to go to Fiesta, because I just don't feel like it. D:

03-21-2011   #7 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Event WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

I hate it, and probably will for a long time.

Not only is the ten minute rule stupid, but the fact that we can't just use it twice a day at whatever time we're comfortable with bothers me. The base grows so fast that the TM boost pales in comparison - we already have plenty of ways to train our base (quests, monsters everywhere to grind on, etc), but limited ways to train our TM (card quests are doable only one, grass quests are limited, etc). Bleh.

03-21-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

So make yourselves heard, guys. Better than nothing. My 1:1...

03-21-2011   #9 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by posu
I won't get into my thoughts of it or it may start another debate that invites dramalama-flamers to start calling people names. Unfortunately, some of our forum users are too immature to respect the opposing views.
100% agreed. <;

I HATE HATE HATE the new Fiesta, it's a pile of crap and worthless to me and my foxu. They should atleast make separate Fiestas, allowing you to go to the old one and the new one, so everyone's happy

@-rep; how is that being a hypocrite? <:

Last edited by Vixen; 04-01-2011 at 08:13 AM.

03-21-2011   #10 (permalink)
random
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineRappelzFiesta

coolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to coolbluex
IGN: coolbluex|Amarys
Class: Gladiator to_mercenary
Level: 30x
Guild: *~Mirage Coordinator~*

[short story]
i don't mind the new fiesta but i also like the old one
would like if they kept this idea and brought back the old fiesta but name it something else

[long story]
Spoiler!

03-21-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden Eternal

KahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant future
IGN: Kahru | Reimuu | Conduite
Class: Soul Master | Witch | Champion to_soulmaster
Level: 3xx/36x | 23x/2xx | 14x/13x

I'm gonna have to vote neutral. Because while it's better than the old system in terms of "working the way it was intended" and etc, there are some things that a large part of the player base do not like.

Does that mean they should scrap it and just put the old system back? IMO no, the new system is just fine if were tweaked a little bit.

I personally find the monster strengths a bit odd. I remember being able to easily 1HKO Snow Ladies before this, but now I can just barely 1HKO the Sludge things in Swamp Zone. It's like they're forcing you to be hax or you're wasting time finishing off monsters that take you 2 or 3 hits.

Only used IGNs: Kahru | Reimuu. Anyone else claiming to be me is a scammer.

03-21-2011   #12 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer the new Fiesta to the old, personally. I would really enjoy a time limit of 20-30 minutes once a day, rather than 10 minutes for twice a day however.

03-21-2011   #13 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

I'm pretty neutral. But if you want a big list, look at my spoiler up ahead.
Spoiler!

03-21-2011   #14 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

I'm just glad there are no more jins in some areas @_@
The rose garden fiesta was hell with them :<

03-21-2011   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMapleStoryTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online

Xaorath is a jewel in the roughXaorath is a jewel in the roughXaorath is a jewel in the rough

I like the idea of having both Fiestas, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd probably pick the new one with a longer time limit. The old Fiesta was cool, but I hated the fact that it wasn't always available every patch and I always felt like I was wasting EXP if I didn't grind there hardcore.

Selling Myshop Items [Status: Closed for now] | Buying: Nothing

03-22-2011   #16 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Neutral. The only thing I would want is expanding the time limit. 20 minutes altogether for one char isn't enough. Plus I'm not too hot on the 'drop-everything-its-fiesta-time' at the top of every 2 hours, but that isn't anywhere close for me to just go 'I H8 NEW FIESTA, I WANT OLD FIESTA BACK BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW QQ'.

03-23-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini
Plus I'm not too hot on the 'drop-everything-its-fiesta-time' at the top of every 2 hours, but that isn't anywhere close for me to just go 'I H8 NEW FIESTA, I WANT OLD FIESTA BACK BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW QQ'.
I always miss the even hours when Fiesta opens. And I refuse to set an alarm for Fiesta irl, that would be ridiculous.

03-23-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
RunescapeTrickster Online

Anjirusensei has disabled reputation

I hate the new fiesta.

Long story with my personal experience with old fiesta.

Spoiler!

03-23-2011   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Dussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond reputeDussty has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dussty
Class: Buff
Level: 351
Guild: Révolution

I will quote myself from other fiesta topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpakao
I thought about it a little and being able to go in when ever we want could be little to much. Why doing parties/quests/booster if you can go to fiesta 20 min on each character then instead of doing normal exping I would lvl up 6 of my chars a day ultra fast .

Other problem is so called "to low lvl mobs". But if they were max lvl of fiesta you are in (egz. fiesta lvl 150-200 and mobs were lvl 200) then who would want to exp in normal way. Now we are forced out of sweet exp fiesta to normal game for those missing lvls.
New fiesta not comparing to the old one is good and balanced. If you want to change something then add both advantage and disadvantage to make it still balanced and abuse proof. We probably don't want to complain in future that easy lvling in fiesta and ms destroyed Trickster.

Spoiler!

03-23-2011   #20 (permalink)
random
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineRappelzFiesta

coolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond reputecoolbluex has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to coolbluex
IGN: coolbluex|Amarys
Class: Gladiator to_mercenary
Level: 30x
Guild: *~Mirage Coordinator~*

well if i had to choose between the new fiesta and the old, i'd definitely choose the old
i don't mind waiting for a new patch cause most of the time i leave the character in the tower anyways :x

also, i have 3 characters whom i'm keeping under certain lvls so i need godly TM exp to get skills rather than lvls =p