ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-25-2010   #1 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki
Default Good job TO visitors, you killed the "scammer" threads.

I tried to be reasonable with you all.

48 hours from this post, the staff members will unstick all "scammer" threads and stop updating them for you. You must find your own way to deal with your "scammer" lists.

You can thank those who flooded our site with bogus accounts over the last 48 hours.

Regards,

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-25-2010   #2 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering Eye

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

*sigh*
This is not gonna do any good for any of us.
Whats sad is, I can't even disagree with your decision Noe.

09-25-2010   #3 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAion

Kirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Gladiyeytor

What a mess.

-Lt.Commander Yonem Kirks, African Zeon Remnants

09-25-2010   #4 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

So can the community make another scam thread where one person updates it, not the moderators?

09-25-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MoonlightOokami has disabled reputation
IGN: MoonlightOokami

Well, Thank you so much for trying your best to do something right.
I completely agree with your decision, and hopefully one day in the future everything will return back to normal somehow.
Thanks again, not only to you but the other mods as well.

09-25-2010   #6 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute

Vicksy, but if we do that...There will need to be a neutral person who can check the proofs..
or else this would just turn into another mess ._.

And yeah...Having to have so many Mod to look over this is just....orz

09-25-2010   #7 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
So can the community make another scam thread where one person updates it, not the moderators?
Yes, you are free to do this but we will not support it in any way. If it leads to more abuse of our site it will be closed. This includes editing, sticking, any action other than enforcing site rules. But remember, whoever makes that thread will be subject to the same accusations of partiality and injustice that our hardworking staff have endured for the last two days.

k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

09-25-2010   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MoonlightOokami has disabled reputation
IGN: MoonlightOokami

I know this is going to be a dumb question but someone's going to ask anyways.
Are you just going to unsticky that scammer thread so we still have the list and everything?
There, For the people that gets confused if they read your post too fast or something haha.

09-25-2010   #9 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Your answer lies herein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
48 hours from this post, the staff members will unstick all "scammer" threads and stop updating them for you. You must find your own way to deal with your "scammer" lists.

09-25-2010   #10 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games

From what I've read...Noe only said "unstick all "scammer" threads" Not deleting, so I guess they will still keep the list for us?

Edit: Noe answered it=x

09-25-2010   #11 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAion

Kirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Gladiyeytor

Looks we're on our own now.

-Lt.Commander Yonem Kirks, African Zeon Remnants

09-25-2010   #12 (permalink)

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute

No one would be able to update it if it stays like that, not even the community? Unless you can change the poster of the thread (no idea if you can do that o.o)

09-25-2010   #13 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Hmm...even if we make our own scammer list, there's no guarantee it won't be bumped to the deepest obscurest part of the message boards. Noe already said he won't support sticky-ing it...

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

09-25-2010   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Legend of EddaLeague of LegendsTrickster Online

Linkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to behold

Cant say its not a bad decision. Because that was a all out mess really on both sides. Kinda knew it would of happened just cause of the extent and stuff of that situation.

ily snowii for sig

09-25-2010   #15 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
Hmm...even if we make our own scammer list, there's no guarantee it won't be bumped to the deepest obscurest part of the message boards. Noe already said he won't support sticky-ing it...
Also...I can just see this drama start all over again .__.

09-25-2010   #16 (permalink)
Tarpzilla
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseHello Kitty OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffMr. ggFTW

Seru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond repute

It's kind of sad to see such a good reference for the community die because of the drama.

Everyday I look into the mirror in my room and realize that I need a step stool. B> height ;_;

09-25-2010   #17 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Yes, I can change "who" posted a thread -- but I will not. These "scammer" threads will receive no more support from the staff. We tried to support it and got burned in kind. I only burn my hand once on any given surface.

09-25-2010   #18 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Personally, I'm neutral with the decision. True, it's sad that the list will be gone...but then I have to ask how effective was the list in the first place? Did it really deter scamming? I still see the same scammers succeeding in their shady business even with their names up there...

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

09-25-2010   #19 (permalink)

^ It has actually saved some of my friends from being scammed. They generally ask me if ''so and so'' is a scammer and I always look on the thread for them.

09-25-2010   #20 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games

For me, it did helped. Not like I buy ms that often nor sell them but it did saved a lot of my friend's asses.

Chances are, people who got scammed doesn't look/know about this thread or doesn't use gg all together.