ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   Good job TO visitors, you killed the "scammer" threads. (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/82969-good-job-visitors-you-killed-scammer-threads.html)

NoeJeko 09-25-2010 06:38 AM

Good job TO visitors, you killed the "scammer" threads.

I tried to be reasonable with you all.

48 hours from this post, the staff members will unstick all "scammer" threads and stop updating them for you. You must find your own way to deal with your "scammer" lists.

You can thank those who flooded our site with bogus accounts over the last 48 hours.

Regards,

MintyVampire 09-25-2010 06:41 AM

*sigh*
This is not gonna do any good for any of us.
Whats sad is, I can't even disagree with your decision Noe.

Kirks 09-25-2010 06:44 AM

What a mess.

Vixen 09-25-2010 06:45 AM

So can the community make another scam thread where one person updates it, not the moderators?

MoonlightOokami 09-25-2010 06:45 AM

Well, Thank you so much for trying your best to do something right.
I completely agree with your decision, and hopefully one day in the future everything will return back to normal somehow.
Thanks again, not only to you but the other mods as well.

MintyVampire 09-25-2010 06:46 AM

Vicksy, but if we do that...There will need to be a neutral person who can check the proofs..
or else this would just turn into another mess ._.

And yeah...Having to have so many Mod to look over this is just....orz

NoeJeko 09-25-2010 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vixen (Post 1354454)
So can the community make another scam thread where one person updates it, not the moderators?

Yes, you are free to do this but we will not support it in any way. If it leads to more abuse of our site it will be closed. This includes editing, sticking, any action other than enforcing site rules. But remember, whoever makes that thread will be subject to the same accusations of partiality and injustice that our hardworking staff have endured for the last two days.

MoonlightOokami 09-25-2010 06:51 AM

I know this is going to be a dumb question but someone's going to ask anyways.
Are you just going to unsticky that scammer thread so we still have the list and everything?
There, For the people that gets confused if they read your post too fast or something haha.

NoeJeko 09-25-2010 06:53 AM

Your answer lies herein.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 1354446)
48 hours from this post, the staff members will unstick all "scammer" threads and stop updating them for you. You must find your own way to deal with your "scammer" lists.

MintyVampire 09-25-2010 06:53 AM

From what I've read...Noe only said "unstick all "scammer" threads" Not deleting, so I guess they will still keep the list for us?

Edit: Noe answered it=x

Kirks 09-25-2010 06:54 AM

Looks we're on our own now.

Vixen 09-25-2010 06:55 AM

No one would be able to update it if it stays like that, not even the community? Unless you can change the poster of the thread (no idea if you can do that o.o)

Torikakae 09-25-2010 06:56 AM

Hmm...even if we make our own scammer list, there's no guarantee it won't be bumped to the deepest obscurest part of the message boards. Noe already said he won't support sticky-ing it...

Linkykins 09-25-2010 06:56 AM

Cant say its not a bad decision. Because that was a all out mess really on both sides. Kinda knew it would of happened just cause of the extent and stuff of that situation.

MintyVampire 09-25-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torikakae (Post 1354469)
Hmm...even if we make our own scammer list, there's no guarantee it won't be bumped to the deepest obscurest part of the message boards. Noe already said he won't support sticky-ing it...

Also...I can just see this drama start all over again .__.

Seru 09-25-2010 07:00 AM

It's kind of sad to see such a good reference for the community die because of the drama.

NoeJeko 09-25-2010 07:02 AM

Yes, I can change "who" posted a thread -- but I will not. These "scammer" threads will receive no more support from the staff. We tried to support it and got burned in kind. I only burn my hand once on any given surface.

Torikakae 09-25-2010 07:07 AM

Personally, I'm neutral with the decision. True, it's sad that the list will be gone...but then I have to ask how effective was the list in the first place? Did it really deter scamming? I still see the same scammers succeeding in their shady business even with their names up there...

Vixen 09-25-2010 07:08 AM

^ It has actually saved some of my friends from being scammed. They generally ask me if ''so and so'' is a scammer and I always look on the thread for them.

MintyVampire 09-25-2010 07:09 AM

For me, it did helped. Not like I buy ms that often nor sell them but it did saved a lot of my friend's asses.

Chances are, people who got scammed doesn't look/know about this thread or doesn't use gg all together.