ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (42) Thread Tools Display Modes
10-26-2009   #101 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kale15
a guardian will attack something you are attacking, if you don't attack it your guardian doesn't attack it.
TO is already an OHKO fest....I wonder if my guardian will ever attack outside bossing~

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-26-2009   #102 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
MapleStoryTrickster OnlinezOMG!

Gaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to all
IGN: Gaidin
Class: Water/Electric Wizard
Level: 220/233

Quote:
it will just randomly use them on the target you are attacking.

it has it's own TM points, but they work differently as mine only has 10 points and more skills then ten points will allow.

if you have the skill drag and drop it on the guardian's skill area, if you don't have it go buy the skill card and drag and drop it on the guardian's skill area.
Regarding the bold... I believe you also noted that to "unlearn" the skill you simply drag it off of the guardian, correct? My main question is, when you do that, does the skill card disappear, or just go back to your inventory?

I ask because Guardians seem pretty versatile and easily customizable if you can just pop skills on and off as wanted without having to re purchase the skills. If you have to re purchase, that could get expensive, or discourage swapping out often.

10-26-2009   #103 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

The skill card may disappear if we are able to drag them off.

The usage of multiple skills cards from constantly switching will become expensive. This is why it's better to get a rough set up that you would like beforehand.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

10-26-2009   #104 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

keesdragon is on a distinguished road

ahhhh guardians seem so confusing @_@

10-27-2009   #105 (permalink)
DTF
Games
Trickster OnlineLuniaDragon SagaLa Tale
Awards MoM Award

Location: south of the north pole and north of the south pole
kale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kale15

Quote:
Originally Posted by keesdragon
ahhhh guardians seem so confusing @_@
it's kinda confusing when you read it, but easy when you use it.

10-27-2009   #106 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

heavenlydeath is on a distinguished road
IGN: heavenlydeath
Class: Darklord to_wizard
Level: 16x
Guild: <<FireFly>>

wow the guardian system is going to be so epic! im lookin forward to seeing them on Nov. 4th

10-27-2009   #107 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Games
Trickster Online

NekoVic is a jewel in the roughNekoVic is a jewel in the roughNekoVic is a jewel in the rough
IGN: NekoVic, Mamoru & Aspros
Class: Kitty, Connie & Dragony ~ to_primadonna
Level: 304, 238 and 275 ~
Guild: Retribution <3 and Euphoria ~

Btw, Our eqs will count in guardian status o_o?

10-27-2009   #108 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute

Our equips shouldn't be used to determine our guardian's damage [to my knowledge].
It's separate. Just like kale said:
Quote:
no they can't, as the guardians are an attack skill, they attack monsters. The skills they learn help them in their effort to attack monsters. Remember to see the guardians as an attack skill, not as a pet, not as a helper, but an attack skill.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

10-27-2009   #109 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Games
Trickster Online

NekoVic is a jewel in the roughNekoVic is a jewel in the roughNekoVic is a jewel in the rough
IGN: NekoVic, Mamoru & Aspros
Class: Kitty, Connie & Dragony ~ to_primadonna
Level: 304, 238 and 275 ~
Guild: Retribution <3 and Euphoria ~

Hard guardian system D;.

10-27-2009   #110 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also they can't learn mana storm, I don't know why they just can't.
Maybe because it's AoE?

10-27-2009   #111 (permalink)
Te Amo Ti <3
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChasePangya

Synkronized has disabled reputation
IGN: Synkroniized
Guild: Retribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissritter

Guardian Update

Rare Guardians will have a different color image than the regular.
You can now mark the monster to direct the guardian to attack the target.
There will now be a skill window where the guardian will use those set of skills only instead of being a moron and use random skills.
Hm so now i can target an enemy and hide, and watch the guardian do the job? o.o;;; at least until he dies...

<3 Ti ~

10-27-2009   #112 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

ShionSinX is on a distinguished road
IGN: Shion
Class: DL/Glad/Inventor

well, at least the guardians can only learn 1st job skills...

if it was 2nd or even 3rd, then u can think bout sell some things u dont need anymore (like ur bed, if u r sleeping over ur keyboard) to make money to keep changing ur guardians skills...

and nobody ansewerd my questions =/

10-28-2009   #113 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Jack will become famous soon enoughJack will become famous soon enough
IGN: LordJesterx
Class: Cyber Hunter to_scientist
Level: 18X
Guild: Checkmate

Quote:
Update on kTO's patch preview.

1 Guardian's AI improved
2 Drilling system improved
3 Random spot added
4 More Surprise spot added (Underground Lab, Abyss

Details

On 11/4-5 there will be a special update for shadow world portion of the game content.

At a certain special time, you can speak with Eclipse to enter the harkon temple where you will receive a mission to defend the harkon statue from evils.
Ahhhh. Haha, so would it be like a Party Quest?

Quote:
Drill system improvement-

When you have received a quest, the chances for the related item to appear increased by 50% say goodbye to trash, paper, coins etc. The lower level the area, the better the rate. Gem stones also have a better rate

BUT Harkon and Blood rune, fate necklace, etc. rare items remain the same rate :P

Even without treasure maps, you can still drill and encounter surprise spots as of this new patch. But the chances are still rare just as harkons are.
It would be great

Quote:
Quest improvement

You can now accept 6 quests at a time.
Finally. Its irritating that you can't accpet many quests together.
Quote:
Guardian Update

Rare Guardians will have a different color image than the regular.
You can now mark the monster to direct the guardian to attack the target.
There will now be a skill window where the guardian will use those set of skills only instead of being a moron and use random skills.

Further detail will be given when they update on 10/28
Wow its like Pokemon xD Different colour image.

10-28-2009   #114 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Jack will become famous soon enoughJack will become famous soon enough
IGN: LordJesterx
Class: Cyber Hunter to_scientist
Level: 18X
Guild: Checkmate

@Kale.

Would you mind posting the Soul seed/Guardian/Map etc. Guides on the guides threads? Pretty Please? I can't find the guides from the pages.... Thnks in advance

10-28-2009   #115 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Xyden is on a distinguished road
IGN: Xyden
Guild: Rk

Lets see. Talking about the new guardian system with a couple of people and myself (rofl) there are actually a few questions that come up:
1) Will this system be working in PvP? That's perhaps the one question most people are asking.

2) Considering you can't give your guardian just any skill from its class, would it be safe to assume that that some skills, rather than randomnized, are off-limits for different playable-types? Example: Power-types with Charm Guardians; and teaching them Mana Reflector. Since Powers are meant to be weak against Magic-Types.

3) Do enhancing/boost skills add up to the master of the guardian or do they have stats of their own? Example: Fox uses Lucky Seven -> LK increases for her as it should. -> Guardian uses Lucky Seven -> Boosts master's LK? Boosts his own? No effect?

4) Is there a set Max. time limit for your guardian once it's leveled high enough?

P.S: Forgive me if some of these answers have already been given out. I've paid close attention to the topic but we all miss some things sometimes. : p

P.S 2: Thanks Kale and Wei for all the info. One too many Tricksters are thankful to you guys, including myself. :] Thank you!

10-28-2009   #116 (permalink)
Special
Games

I thought we established that guardians could only learn attack skills and debuffs.

10-28-2009   #117 (permalink)
DTF
Games
Trickster OnlineLuniaDragon SagaLa Tale
Awards MoM Award

Location: south of the north pole and north of the south pole
kale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kale15

1) no idea, I haven't personally checked but I haven't heard you can't use them in there.

2)see mirae

3)see mirae

4)they have a 150 sec "life" the unseal skill takes 600 MP to use, and it has a 5 second CD. If you go to a place where you can't use skills they will reseal(small form).

Other info) they are more likely to use skills based on their stat (higher the stat the more likely they are to use a skill from that stat), Their skunk pouch has a 100% success rate. Also each one has a special skill based on it's type, I've only seen the magic and charm one but it's like a special guardian only attack skill they use.

10-28-2009   #118 (permalink)
Special
Games

Quote:
Other info) they are more likely to use skills based on their stat (higher the stat the more likely they are to use a skill from that stat), Their skunk pouch has a 100% success rate. Also each one has a special skill based on it's type, I've only seen the magic and charm one but it's like a special guardian only attack skill they use.
Now everyone will want that [unless Ntreev nerfs it or if guardians don't help in pvp/gvg].

10-28-2009   #119 (permalink)
Te Amo Ti <3
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChasePangya

Synkronized has disabled reputation
IGN: Synkroniized
Guild: Retribution

Prepare for a Lag fest if guardians can be summoned in GvG/PvP

<3 Ti ~

10-28-2009   #120 (permalink)
Special
Games

I see guardian duels in the future. .__.