ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack (4) Thread Tools Display Modes
10-26-2009   4 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina
Exclamation May I have your ATTENTION PLEASE.

May I have your attention please?
Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
er, not really -cough...anyway. It's better to keep this notice on separated thread rather than -drowned- in a single scammer discussion thread.
Quote:
Notice:
http://www.tric ks ter-ntre ev.rg 3.net is a phishing scamming/FAKE site. Anyone that gets whispered with this should ignore the user.

I have already checked it out. The site may seem legit and similar to the original trickster site but is not.
The original login url is http://trickster.ntreev.net/Account/login.aspx.

There are many ways to tell this site is meant to key log. Here are the things used to determine it:
  1. URL does not match the legitimate site.
  2. Page source. It is a completely compressed mimicry.
  3. Hoster. Host name was not given.
  4. Host URL is not legitimate. It was created to be a hidden property.

Upon typing it within the search engine, one of the searches brings you to a Spanish speaking community forum that discuses illegal programs and what not for games.
Quote:
An example on how to differentiates between REAL and PHISHING links

Spoiler!
Some reading on how phishing works
- HowStuffWorks "How Phishing Works"
- Phishing FAQ - What Is Phishing - What Do Phishing Scams Look Like

Quote:
# Misspelled words in the site's URL address. A quick tip off that a phishing scam is underway is if the name of the site is misspelled in the site address; for example, www. gooogle .com.
IF you accidentally entered your info on the phishing website, I advise you to CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY and if you can't change your password, please contact 1:1 ASAP.
It's better to make the developer, owner of official Trickster Online to notices this issues as well by reporting it to their official forums.

Only visit or login to VALID Trickster Online website, http://trickster.ntreev.net/

Yes, links are spaced intentionally.

Also, if you spotted anyone spamming the phishing links in this forum, please do REPORT them, and we'll...[censored] on them ASAP.

Quote:
Extra tips:
For those tinyurl/shorturl, and you're suspicious where the links will lead to, please use these addons for Firefox.

- Install GreaseMonkey - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
- Install this script - TinyURL Decoder for Greasemonkey

Then follow this steps to check on the website that have those links
Spoiler!

How it works:
Spoiler!

Or by installing this addon
- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8636

Any of those works.
Now thank you for your attention.

Last edited by Miyuki; 11-11-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Jack will become famous soon enoughJack will become famous soon enough
IGN: LordJesterx
Class: Cyber Hunter to_scientist
Level: 18X
Guild: Checkmate

Thanks for the info! *Reps*

10-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
roflcopter
Games
Dragon Nest

mclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to allmclericp is a name known to all
IGN: dun tell
Class: Human wearing animal clothes
Level: -1
Guild: TBA
Xfire: Xfire is gay i use FRAPS

i m all ears.
just by looking at the link u can tell that something is wrongwrongwrong!
trickster.ntreev.net is the link.

10-26-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

Good job, Miyuki. Hopefully this will catch people's attention and prevent people from falling for this fail scam. It amazes me just how far people are prepared to go to get peoples' login info sometimes.

10-26-2009   #5 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Miyuki, you stole my information!
Anyways, thanks for making a more in-depth information about it.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

10-26-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Mikeall has a spectacular aura aboutMikeall has a spectacular aura aboutMikeall has a spectacular aura about

I went to the website, does that mean I'm key-logged? My avast didn't pick up any sort of virus.

10-26-2009   #7 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute

no, if you doesn't accept to install anything that requires you to install, if any.

It's a phishing website, as it's "steal" your login info if you logged in that website. Please DO NOT ever login to that website. Always uses original Trickster Online website.

10-26-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Mikeall has a spectacular aura aboutMikeall has a spectacular aura aboutMikeall has a spectacular aura about

Oh ok, thx. It scared me though when you said key-log, I'm giving my computer a full scan before I type any kind of passwords.

10-26-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

michelle432 has a spectacular aura aboutmichelle432 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Foxy,Kitty,Suicidal :3
Level: 200ish
Guild: Euphoria
Xfire: wth is xfire

thx for the info miyuki, but i got my account stolen using that site yesterday >_< luckily, it was mule account though and nothing was really lost that much. the guy that sent me that phishing site was named oNatheeoo. Beware of him >_< sry i dont have any screenies on me though, because i had thought that the site was legitimate.

10-26-2009   #10 (permalink)
Legends of League
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

Dragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Ideality
Level: 30

Is it safe to give fake accounts to it? I just want to spam it for fun and annoying it.

League of Legends Fanatic - NA - Ideality

10-28-2009   #11 (permalink)
Ken
本来无一物,何处惹尘埃,问世间有几多爱 ღ 陈冠希
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCross Fire
Awards Facebook Fan

Ken is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ken Send a message via Yahoo to Ken
IGN: LoveKen
Class: Gambler to_gambler
Level: Lay low
Guild: Exorcist
Xfire: Xfire sucks

:< why would ppl even bother checking those sites

10-30-2009   #12 (permalink)
Boss.

Poofball is just really nicePoofball is just really nicePoofball is just really nicePoofball is just really nice
Guild: {StalkasRUs}

I checked out of curiosity q_q
/has too much free time... Ahh D: ;-;!
And yeah, I was waiting for my anti-virus program to have a spasm and it didnt, I found it weird. q_q
Also, I tried clicking the links on the side like "Announcements" and it didn't load, I spam clicked for about a minute... XD
Anyways, thanks for the info (:

11-06-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

TheGaurdian is on a distinguished road

it is not a key logger all phishing sites do is save the user / pw that u type i knw a person tht uses them for getting xbox live accounts so there is no real virus on them so even if ur av doesn't find any viruses i would only use the official site

11-08-2009   #14 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutDragon SagaDrift City

okay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond repute

when i first went into that site, all i wrote on the login are swears and stuff. i even spammed random swears on that.

11-10-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Eden EternalTrickster OnlineAionAtlantica Online

Obscura will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Obscura
IGN: Pie Is A Lie
Class: Awesomeness lt_knight
Level: R4
Guild: Symphony

A bit of a long shot too, but you may also want to mention any bitly links or any url shorteners too. People shouldnt need to go to the trickster site from those links.

11-10-2009   #16 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

For shorturl, try this one
- Install GreaseMonkey - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
- Install this script - TinyURL Decoder for Greasemonkey

11-11-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Eden EternalTrickster OnlineAionAtlantica Online

Obscura will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Obscura
IGN: Pie Is A Lie
Class: Awesomeness lt_knight
Level: R4
Guild: Symphony

For firefox users, there are already extensions that decrypt these. @ Miyuki, I just wanted to make sure you added this as a security threat too. :]

11-13-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

TigerClaws is on a distinguished road
IGN: FilledWithRage
Level: 175

thnx 4 the info, actually some1 pmed me with this link,so i checked it out, but before i wrote my info on the login,i saw that the link is wierd & also none of the other links like "events news" or "gacha" works so i spilled some swears to the char the PMed me & acted like nothin happened, but i have to admit its a pretty fancy way to scam ppl lol
& again THNX

11-21-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Cybolt is on a distinguished road
IGN: Cyria

I guess I am a bit late to the party but I just wanted to say thank you for providing a detailed warning on the situation. Hopefully, it will be able to deter more people from losing their accounts.

12-15-2009   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineLuniaElsword

Nanoja has a spectacular aura aboutNanoja has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Nanoja Send a message via Skype™ to Nanoja
IGN: xAniseTatlinx
Class: Entertainer to_cat
Guild: Brave Vesperia

Thanks for the info o.o Lets make sure to Spread it