ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-19-2008   #1 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21
Default The Great Coon Raid

Another friendly reminder #2.

This thread was left opened for open discussions, and not flame baiting and spamming.

So, please don't spam and don't flame in this post.

Few more spam and flame posts will results this thread to be closed.

In memory of Mainy, Tenne, and <STEPMANIA>

Last edited by Henreh; 07-26-2008 at 07:08 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-19-2008   #2 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Shoo Send a message via MSN to Shoo
IGN: Shoo
Class: Everyone :O
Level: Aiming for 60+ ea
Guild: ggFTW

ooo, you just asking for trouble. what if gm lurker sees this and mymmo gets a bad name?

07-19-2008   #3 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

bad name for what? This is clearly for

GREAT JUSTICE

I'm in, I can afk overnight since i have school

07-19-2008   #4 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dib
ooo, you just asking for trouble. what if gm lurker sees this and mymmo gets a bad name?
How are we going to get a bad reputation? If they lurk here obviously we're just that great. Compared to their forums users I rather have less of them coming from there anyway.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!!!

07-19-2008   #5 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all

well, it would sully the name of mymmo. the gms would think of us as nothing but immature whiny brats. this is just my opinion. please dont hate me!

07-19-2008   #6 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

But they are the ones making a big fuss over the word coon >___>

07-19-2008   #7 (permalink)
idunkno

Sounds funny.
Count me in 8D

07-19-2008   #8 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

ok ok, i apologize for giving my opinion. ima stop now before im hated by the forum o.o

07-19-2008   #9 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games

Less QQ and pew pew. /bump

07-19-2008   #10 (permalink)
Sexy Bish &lt;3
Special

SkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to behold

No. Bad idea.

You may march for justice, but do it in the right battlefield. Doing it ingame will only get it added to the filter ingame.

It should be done in the forums, the place where it all started.

07-19-2008   #11 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games

Hmm you have a point. Now what if coon was already filtered in their forums? I can't check since I'm banned from there x[

07-19-2008   #12 (permalink)
Willkommen im Märchenland
Games
Trickster OnlineBusiness Tycoon OnlineMetal Assault

Drakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Drakii Send a message via MSN to Drakii
IGN: Drakii
Class: DP Diva! to_primadonna
Level: 380
Guild: Syndicate°

If you want to have a "raid" ingame, how about trying this:

Gather as many coon players as possible, and make a parade through Mega and Ceremonia at O/X time, all of them stating they are "proud to be a COON".

Nobody in a sane mind can say anything against that, if you are proud of what you are.

07-19-2008   #13 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

or just find some way to include coon o.O

07-20-2008   #14 (permalink)
Sexy Bish &lt;3
Special

SkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
Hmm you have a point. Now what if coon was already filtered in their forums? I can't check since I'm banned from there x[
Yes it is filtered.

But any monkey can bypass a filter.

07-20-2008   #15 (permalink)
Certified Stalker

Ildanach is on a distinguished road

I thought we already have a rule for forum raid?

And I don't know why most people think Raven is the one responsible for the coon filter. He/she is only another Ntreev staff.

07-20-2008   #16 (permalink)
Sexy Bish &lt;3
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ildanach
I thought we already have a rule for forum raid?

And I don't know why most people think Raven is the one responsible for the coon filter. He/she is only another Ntreev staff.
He/She posted that they "cringed" when they saw the word.

It's been around since the game started, and it only happens now when GM_Raven comes around.

07-20-2008   #17 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

AuraBlaze is on a distinguished road

Could someone enlighten me on why the word "coon" is censored?

07-20-2008   #18 (permalink)
Certified Stalker

Ildanach is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillzKillz
He/She posted that they "cringed" when they saw the word.

It's been around since the game started, and it only happens now when GM_Raven comes around.
You got a point, but I seriously doubt forum moderator/GM has that much influence.

It's not like he/she can just come and say: "Hey, I dislike this word because it sound racist to me can we filter it?", this is a company we are talking about.

07-20-2008   #19 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

i think she bought it up and the others just went along with her cos.. well you know
some women, if they dont get there way they throw a fit

*runs for coveroz

07-20-2008   #20 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraBlaze
Could someone enlighten me on why the word "coon" is censored?
GM_Raven felt it was a racial slur, filtered it. Lots of rage and tl;drs followed and now we have a bunch of users banned from the forums, and hate against GM_Raven.

Although GM_Raven may not be the only cause to why 'coon' got banned, they were the only visible one that showed distaste towards coon, which is perfectly sensible.