ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
10-05-2012   #2501 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 100(rTO) 271(eTO)
Guild: None (rTO) «Firefly»«Serenity» (eTO)
Xfire: Caiternoodle

Soo, as we all know, Sakurako came out last night-ish, and i see a pb for B> sakurako 2b

and im like "LOLWUT, this has got to be some sort of scam" (like the oh, ill give you 5k worth of pts today if i can wear it tonight and the rest in galders tomorrow) or some crap like that.

Figured I'd be a good person and 'get 1/2 way into the scam deal' and reveal them before someone actually gets scammed.

So I Pm them and no response.

So i join the party... and this happens:

I dont know either of them, and within my knowledge have never talked to them. So im not sure what the "Jerk to me and liars who made fun" thing is.. But if someone was a jerk to them, it doesnt give them a right to be troll others.

Especially any newbie that might think they can get rich by buying the hairpin before talking to them, and just waste the money when they wont buy it for what they advertise.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-05-2012   #2502 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

KieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant future
IGN: KieranCarden
Class: Fox
Level: 33x/34x
Guild: Distinguished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait
Soo, as we all know, Sakurako came out last night-ish, and i see a pb for B> sakurako 2b

and im like "LOLWUT, this has got to be some sort of scam" (like the oh, ill give you 5k worth of pts today if i can wear it tonight and the rest in galders tomorrow) or some crap like that.

Figured I'd be a good person and 'get 1/2 way into the scam deal' and reveal them before someone actually gets scammed.

So I Pm them and no response.

So i join the party... and this happens:

I dont know either of them, and within my knowledge have never talked to them. So im not sure what the "Jerk to me and liars who made fun" thing is.. But if someone was a jerk to them, it doesnt give them a right to be troll others.

Especially any newbie that might think they can get rich by buying the hairpin before talking to them, and just waste the money when they wont buy it for what they advertise.
Not to choose either side, but I don't see how they lied.

"I put up the price for 2bil for the sake of the ppl who wanted me to pay more than what its worth" - doesn't mean they wouldn't have paid 2b for it, and even asked if you were selling it for that much. It was most likely put up as that much as a "max I'm going to pay" type of thing, but worded poorly.

Still, I see nothing in that conversation that makes them liars, or false advertising.
Yellow beauty burns gold

10-05-2012   #2503 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster OnlineWonderKing Online

Pikaryuu is on a distinguished road
IGN: Panderino
Class: Cat to_primadonna
Level: 149
Guild: <<Firefly>>

^These two posted in the Personal Market section selling fuses I think... not sure if they're reliable though

Panda Galore~ +rep if I helped(or if you love pandas too.)

10-05-2012   #2504 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

vochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to all
IGN: quit
Class: Gladiator to_mercenary
Level: 280

Perhaps they were trying to see if someone would sell their hairpin for that amount of galder to see if someone would rip them off. Not saying it was their intention but it happens.

10-07-2012   #2505 (permalink)
사랑해요,♥.
Games
Trickster OnlineFlyFFEden EternalLeague of Legends

Promise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to behold

Posting this on behalf of my friend (CoonVict).

Earlier on today, my friend asked me if I could power level him from 90~99 at Kerbs and I accepted, for free of course. Since I'm a Water/Electricity/Light witch, I power level quite slowly as I don't have many AoE skills however I do have a few. As the power leveling went quite slowly, my friend decided to look for a second power leveler (for dual). bXjheNa offered to power level my friend for 70m. I didn't know that my friend paid first as he didn't tell me.. Anyway, as bXjheNa entered Vamp Castle Boss Room 1 - Lower Gate, s/he kept complaining about the lag. As it was so "laggy", s/he died as soon as it hit 'day time' and then said how s/he forgot to use SoH? As you are only able to enter the Vamp Castle Boss Rooms during the 'night', the sheep was was unable to come back. S/he then said "Done, scammed 70m" and left the party immediately, as shown in the picture below.
Spoiler!

Please be careful when buying/selling power levels by making sure the person is trusted first!
As I was posting this I came across this post here. bXjheNa seems to have already scammed someone on these forums before. :/

Visit my TumblrLYMINA PROMISE LY LYSSIE LYZIE LYSTRIAVisit my Twitter

10-07-2012   #2506 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

^
Awwwww sorry you got scam. Cream you could've asked me to do it 8D
I know CoonVict, but he didn't ask me >.>

10-07-2012   #2507 (permalink)
사랑해요,♥.
Games

Promise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBerry
^
Awwwww sorry you got scam. Cream you could've asked me to do it 8D
I know CoonVict, but he didn't ask me >.>
It wasn't me who got scammed, it was Randy x: Well, at least he got his character to level 99 now.
Luckily he wasn't buying a 3 hour session worth of power levels; just 9 levels (90~99). I'll keep you in mind when ever I need to buy power levels though. xD

10-07-2012   #2508 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

KieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant future

Just to put a warning out there:

Drawing2 on Fantasia ran off with my blood set after I stupidly decided to lend it out. Withdrew from the guild and everything.

Didn't screenshot as I had the "won't happen to me" syndrome, but it happens I suppose.

This is basically to prevent someone else from trusting him/her. I'm not overly bent out of shape about it, these things happen after all. But just to make sure someone else who is more attached to their items doesn't make the same mistake.
Yellow beauty burns gold

10-07-2012   #2509 (permalink)
won't notice you
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Senpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KieranCarden
Drawing2 on Fantasia ran off with my blood set after I stupidly decided to lend it out.
In future, just ask for collateral.

10-07-2012   #2510 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare
In future, just ask for collateral.
Won't be necessary. Stuff isn't leaving my inventory again.
Yellow beauty burns gold

Last edited by KieranCarden; 10-07-2012 at 05:23 PM.

10-07-2012   #2511 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

I've heard from grapevines before that Drawing2 is a scammer. :x I was wondering what that person was doing back, guess some things never change. :|

But yeah, even if it's from a guildmate, it's better off to ask for collateral or just not give it out at all. I find things like this disheartening, but it goes to show how fragile trust is. :x

10-08-2012   #2512 (permalink)
won't notice you
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Senpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond repute

Spoiler!

I'm surprised Cnee didn't whisper me trying to impersonate someone this time.

10-09-2012   #2513 (permalink)
사랑해요,♥.
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare
Spoiler!

I'm surprised Cnee didn't whisper me trying to impersonate someone this time.
"Because no one knows who I really am"

- Now that.. scares me. o_o

10-09-2012   #2514 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

"Because no one knows who I really am"

- Now that.. scares me. o_o
Does anyone even care who he is? I see no point in him saying "Because no one knows who I really am."

Now I think of it, it does seem scary. Someone you trust the most has been scamming from others, but you don't know it.
I trust my friends and I don't think they are the thiefy type of people.

Last edited by Draft; 10-09-2012 at 01:32 PM.

10-09-2012   #2515 (permalink)
사랑해요,♥.
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBerry
Does anyone even care who he is? I see no point in him saying "Because no one knows who I really am."
I read it differently, I guess. He might have an account which seems trust worthy? I don't know.. "Because no one knows who he really is."
./Paranoid.

10-09-2012   #2516 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Rydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rydia Send a message via MSN to Rydia
IGN: *Rydia*
Class: Cat. I'm a kitty cat. And I meow meow meow and I meow meow meow. to_cat
Level: DEAD
Guild: Révolution

Who's Michelle? Using someone's real name makes it sounds like he is close to whoever that is...so that could sorta narrow it.

IA with Cream though, he probably is some normal member of the community, probably even posts here. No doubt that quite a few people in this community hide on their mules to do dirty work.

10-09-2012   #2517 (permalink)
R
shannon is a fattie
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydia
Who's Michelle? Using someone's real name makes it sounds like he is close to whoever that is...so that could sorta narrow it.
It's called stalking. He's done it to me and others in the past. He does it so he can impersonate people, but he's not very good at it.

/forum/1756187-post2428.html

10-09-2012   #2518 (permalink)
사랑해요,♥.
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydia

IA with Cream though, he probably is some normal member of the community, probably even posts here. No doubt that quite a few people in this community hide on their mules to do dirty work.
Well, I also know Michelle and we're not necessarily best-friend-close but we are friends? Hmm.. Maybe Cnee's trusted character(if he has one) goes to PvP a lot? We tend to use our real names there a lot @PvP so maybe that's how he found out our real names? I'm not too sure. Just a thought, I guess.

10-09-2012   #2519 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Rydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rydia Send a message via MSN to Rydia
IGN: *Rydia*
Class: Cat. I'm a kitty cat. And I meow meow meow and I meow meow meow. to_cat
Level: DEAD
Guild: Révolution

I just thought it was really weird he would jump right to their real name in a conversation if he doesn't even know them otherwise....but then again I'm not a creepy stalker so lol.

10-09-2012   #2520 (permalink)
MARINA
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

Cnee kinda makes it seem like he/she is a well known person.
Someone that we all know and trust.
Which does creep me out.
For instance he knew Synzie's name.