ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Lord of the Rings Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
08-02-2012   #2401 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SteelFlex will become famous soon enoughSteelFlex will become famous soon enough
IGN: SteelFlex333
Class: Swag to_wizard
Level: Infinity
Guild: Nerf Koreans

Just tellin' you guys that I got hacked so DO NOT trust me with anything. Thats all til sgi fixes it or something. Other than that i quit trix

Edit: Got the person who hacked me IGN: TAEYEON101, alainchen1 found on my friends list, never had them as friends before
It is a mule though

Last edited by SteelFlex; 08-02-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-02-2012   #2402 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

How exactly were you "hacked"?

08-02-2012   #2403 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SteelFlex will become famous soon enoughSteelFlex will become famous soon enough

Exceptional errored, and then when I tried to log back in it said I was already online. So I tracked my character and saw someone else was using it. So, in answer to your question... I have no idea @_@

08-02-2012   #2404 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Steel, how long were you "online"?
This kind of stuff can happen after EE, it happened to me xxx times before. The deal is that your PC disconnects you, but the server "thinks" you're online for a while, after it doesn't get any responce from you, it actually disconnects you from the server. It usually takes only 1-2 mins to go back to normal

08-02-2012   #2405 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Boba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to all
IGN: HoneyBanii
Class: Duelist
Level: 200+
Guild: Checkmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernalGuy
Steel, how long were you "online"?
This kind of stuff can happen after EE, it happened to me xxx times before. The deal is that your PC disconnects you, but the server "thinks" you're online for a while, after it doesn't get any responce from you, it actually disconnects you from the server. It usually takes only 1-2 mins to go back to normal
This happens to me often, too.
Although SteelFlex said he found out who "hacked" him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFlex
Edit: Got the person who hacked me IGN: TAEYEON101, alainchen1 found on my friends list, never had them as friends before
It is a mule though
How are you sure this is the "hacker"?

"Come into my heart dot com. ID, password are 'your love'." <3

Fantasia: HoneyBanii | Yeosin | Sephos | LilT [frozen] | LilSilo [frozen]
Jewelia [inactive]: RainyLove | HoneyBanii

08-02-2012   #2406 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba
This happens to me often, too.
Although SteelFlex said he found out who "hacked" him.

How are you sure this is the "hacker"?
I'm going to upload a ss once I figure out how to uhh... well upload pics in the first place
But yes, someone did use my Dark Lord to ramp in pvp

08-02-2012   #2407 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Use photobucket.com

08-02-2012   #2408 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Got stuck on the captcha part of the sign up process, can't really get past it. But uh, nothing to worry about now, account is back under my control. The rest is for me to worry about >.>
sgi isnt famous for its customer service

08-02-2012   #2409 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Boba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to allBoba is a name known to all
IGN: HoneyBanii
Class: Duelist
Level: 200+
Guild: Checkmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFlex
Got stuck on the captcha part of the sign up process, can't really get past it. But uh, nothing to worry about now, account is back under my control. The rest is for me to worry about >.>
sgi isnt famous for its customer service
Wow this is kinda scary!
I always thought TO was un-hackable except through those phishing site ;-;
What do you think happened that allowed this person to get into your account?

"Come into my heart dot com. ID, password are 'your love'." <3

Fantasia: HoneyBanii | Yeosin | Sephos | LilT [frozen] | LilSilo [frozen]
Jewelia [inactive]: RainyLove | HoneyBanii

08-02-2012   #2410 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

I'm still confused as to how you got hacked w/o doing anything. I've heard about people that get hacked through msn or facebook but I'm not really sure if that's true.

08-02-2012   #2411 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

I'm sticking with my version anyway

08-02-2012   #2412 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernalGuy
I'm sticking with my version anyway
What is your version? He didn't get hacked just had ee? He did say that he found people he didn't know in his FL and saw his DL ramp in pvp.

08-02-2012   #2413 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

He added that stuff later, now I believe

08-03-2012   #2414 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

Azumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant future
IGN: Nerdy
Class: All Nerdy Classes to_boxer
Level: All Nerdy lvs
Guild: Nerd(Pure)flux

Hello, my guild pal pax sent me these SS.
This stupid frickin moron is walking around trying to trick people! He deserves a real beating!!

Everything this Muzzels is saying is bull shit! Stupid wacko! GRRR!

My accounts are never hacked, and they will never be hacked!
And I will NEVER ask for anyone's acct. BAM!

It seems like this person is someone in my guild... but I have no idea who it might be. x.x
This stupid head doesn't know that you can't just -log in and change guild status-. Frickin idiot!
Yes I am VERY angry! D<

Last edited by Azumarill; 08-03-2012 at 08:09 AM.

08-06-2012   #2415 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

echydude will become famous soon enough
IGN: n0ypI/BangBunny
Class: KaitoTatsujin to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x / 3xx
Guild: MoonlightC

ok i got scammed because of my stupidity....

i bought 4.5k from him before getting scammed... i tried to buy 10K MS worth of UGC, yes i know its stupid and it's not "allowed" haha, and i payed first and he even tried to ask me for a unique good thing i did not give any... then he suddenly deleted me from friends list, that point i already know i got scammed... the one who scammed me is IGN:Traww he might delete this account because there is "fast-track", but just to characterize him, he is wearing all 4G eq ... he will first tell u that he'll recharge in days and when he sell u, at first hell be honest then later on hell scam u...

lesson:stop buying MS codes, haha but I'm really desperate after getting Jen190 from 3rd box so i think i might not learn this lesson haha

IGN:n0ypI <----(PS.: the O in there is a zero)
Server:Jewelia

08-06-2012   #2416 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Traww whispered me today and offered to sell me MS. He said he'd GF. I wasn't in need of any, but even if I was, I wouldn't buy from him. Maybe it's because I find it desperate and weird that someone would need to whisper random players offering to sell, when there are always plenty of people looking to buy. You can never tell how someone might lure you into trusting them, so I had bad vibes about this person already.

I don't want to play devil's advocate, but people should really know better by now to not trust complete strangers with their money by paying first, especially when it's a nobody who hasn't even registered on ggFTW or have any iTrader, not even if they have sold to you before without scamming. There are enough trustworthy members here who are selling. Even if it's a UGC you want and you can't get it through them, I doubt that it's worse than getting scammed like this.

The simple and foolproof way to not getting scammed is to never pay first. Even if you do, only do it with trustworthy ggFTW members who have a good iTrader rating, and you shouldn't hand over any money with UGCs until you've used the code and checked that it actually works.

08-06-2012   #2417 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStory

Atmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant future
IGN: Atmosphere
Level: Nub

I also thought of another way to avoid being scammed but it's a bit more complicated. You need a trusted person, someone whom the seller and the buyer will both trust, ie a level 400 or a frequent MS seller. The buyer will first give the galders to that trusted person. Then the seller will gift the MS over to the buyer. If the buyer receives the MS, than the trusted person will give the galders to the seller. If the buyer does not receive any gift, than the galder goes back to the buyer. A bit complicated but it easy to avoid a scam.

08-06-2012   #2418 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosphere
You need a trusted person, someone whom the seller and the buyer will both trust, ie a level 400 or a frequent MS seller.
You shouldn't trust someone based on level. Even a level 400 can deceive you.

08-06-2012   #2419 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStory

Atmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant future
IGN: Atmosphere
Level: Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care
You shouldn't trust someone based on level. Even a level 400 can deceive you.
You missed the point of my example. I'm talking about someone who BOTH players trust.

Last edited by Atmosphere; 08-06-2012 at 09:55 PM.

08-06-2012   #2420 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosphere
You missed the point of my example. I'm talking about someone who BOTH players trust.
I didn't miss your point. But you clearly missed mine, so I'm going to state it in a question for you.

"What if they both trust the player just because they're level 400?"