ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-07-2008   #1 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames
Default Story of Kindness

So today I was wandering around Jewelia looking for a Rose Petal to finish Prince Loserface's quest. Yes, ONE Rose Petal. I had been drilling for quite some time with no luck, and I was only ONE FREAKING PETAL away from completing it. (For those who don't know, the stupid Prince wants 50 petals).

So I looked around all Ruby's stores and didn't find any, except in this one shop in Gate to Vamp Castle, but as soon as I clicked the little arrow for amount the shop and its owner disappeared.

That was a little maddening. So I set a party notice asking to buy ONE Rose Petal back on Pearl, and I had absolutely no takers for quite a while. Then, I went into Mega, and this one Primadonna sidled up to me (While I was on the phone irl) and dropped a single petal.

I dropped the phone and picked up the petal, kinda confusing my friend who heard all that...but anyway, I was amazed, to be honest. Kindness like that is rare in most online games. I thought I should share it, with all the scammer threads here and about.

I don't know if its bad to give out her name, but thank you TerraChan. =d

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-07-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Ayummi has a spectacular aura aboutAyummi has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Ayummi
Class: Dragon
Level: 230
Guild: Royalty

Erm.. it's not that rare for people to drop things for others... I often do that too when people are looking for something that I have.

07-07-2008   #3 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

hahahahaha that really does sound lyk terra she is uber nice ^^

07-07-2008   #4 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

I'm a nice guy Q__Q

But yeah, Good for you ;3

I <3 KUDA

07-07-2008   #5 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayummi
Erm.. it's not that rare for people to drop things for others... I often do that too when people are looking for something that I have.
Sorry. You see...I played Maplestory for a long time. ;[

07-07-2008   #6 (permalink)
Certified Stalker

Ildanach is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiles
Sorry. You see...I played Maplestory for a long time. ;[
Lol, this crack me up.

07-08-2008   #7 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

earthchan is on a distinguished road
IGN: TerraChan for both :D
Class: de tank to_cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiles
So today I was wandering around Jewelia looking for a Rose Petal to finish Prince Loserface's quest. Yes, ONE Rose Petal. I had been drilling for quite some time with no luck, and I was only ONE FREAKING PETAL away from completing it. (For those who don't know, the stupid Prince wants 50 petals).

So I looked around all Ruby's stores and didn't find any, except in this one shop in Gate to Vamp Castle, but as soon as I clicked the little arrow for amount the shop and its owner disappeared.

That was a little maddening. So I set a party notice asking to buy ONE Rose Petal back on Pearl, and I had absolutely no takers for quite a while. Then, I went into Mega, and this one Primadonna sidled up to me (While I was on the phone irl) and dropped a single petal.

I dropped the phone and picked up the petal, kinda confusing my friend who heard all that...but anyway, I was amazed, to be honest. Kindness like that is rare in most online games. I thought I should share it, with all the scammer threads here and about.

I don't know if its bad to give out her name, but thank you TerraChan. =d
X3 ur welcome :P (can u guess who this is) >> i like helping ppl specially with an item they must have and i have one sitting in my inventory X3

07-09-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

NegaRutabaga will become famous soon enoughNegaRutabaga will become famous soon enough
Class: Cranky Monkeygirl Intraweb Commando - E.M.O. Division

Sh*t happens.

Well so does nice stuff once in a while. It's just not as noticeable anymore, since most people take charity for granted in this game. Not only that, good deeds often get weird looks, like a person's a freak or stupid for being helpful.

It's sad that someone being a total ass or ego junkie can get more attention (and pathetic followers) in minutes. But if someone's actually doing some good in the community...nothing, most of the time they don't even get a ' thank you ' either. There's still some genuinely nice players in this game, but a lot of them get overlooked just because they're not always popular. They're not trying to act cool and stand out. They're just being friendly.

Like a certain gun fox who helps other foxes complete quests and get boss seals.
That buffalo who doesn't mind showing you where to register for teleporting.
A raccoon who helps newbies with Kaboom and gives advice on making a quick 1m.
Or the dragon who hands out free balloon pets in Cora sometimes.

Yeah, I've noticed more than a few of them. And I don't think they're weird for being nice. I think it's everyone else who doesn't have a clue. I know those nice players get burned by noobs every so often. But you still see them the next day helping out like before. I respect them for that. It says something good about them as a person.

And I respect you, Guiles, for mentioning one of them.

Those players are a sign that this game has not completely turned to crap......yet.
When they leave, it's time to quit.

07-09-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

asaulter is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw your ad on party request that day :P the other day a entertainer helped me a lot on sotry quests, practicaly killed alot of black foes formthe quest items, and gave me bell cluster too. I dont know how much time is left for the game to become crap, in response to that:P

07-09-2008   #10 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaRutabaga
Those players are a sign that this game has not completely turned to crap......yet.
When they leave, it's time to quit.
Thank you...I couldn'tve said anything you mentioned better.

Maybe it's time we have a thread or such dedicated to stories like this?

07-11-2008   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

super5cell is on a distinguished road

scammers are pure evil but that... that is so nice

07-11-2008   #12 (permalink)
Sexy Bish &lt;3
Special

SkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to behold

Random acts of kindness.

The world needs more of these.