ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-23-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Finika is on a distinguished road
IGN: FuzzyFur
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Default TricksterNet - Home of Trickster Gameplay Manager

Hello fellow Tricksters! I would like to announce to opening and going live of a new Trickster community TricksterNet. TricksterNet was created to host the upcoming Trickster Gameplay Manager software (some of you may have caught some wind about this project from MT or inside these forums). However we have also decided to expand our ambitions to host an entie community site as a parent of our Trickster Gameplay Manager and Trickster Database Projects.

Currently you can access this site for registration at: TricksterNet but that is a temporary url, as we are in the process of registering a few top level domains, namely " tricksternet.net ".

For a little more information about the TricksterNet mission statement, here is the statemanet from the announcmens section of the forums:

Quote:
"I would like to welcome everyone to the newest Trickster Online Community and home of the anticipated Trickster Gameplay Manager software, and Trickster Database Project.

Originally, the development staff of the Trickster Gameplay Manager had no intentions of creating a forum community, however, since forums would be required for development coordination and even some features of Trickster Gameplay Manager, here we are!

As with any new community, we are aware it seems somewhat redundant to be registered so many places. Because of this we have developed a passport system that underlies the TricksterNet Forums. What this means is for all current TricksterNet projects/sites (including windows software suites like Trickster Gameplay Manager) and future sites/projects will not require additional registration.

The purpose of this the TricksterNet community is to provide everything other Tickster fan-communities provide, but provide additional features not found anywhere else and as requested by the community. The flagship feature of the TricksterNet community isn't even a single feature, but a large collection of the tools every trickster wants to see orginized into one place, and this is the main idea behind the Trickster Gameplay Manager windows software suite.

Aside from rich featues of Trickster Gameplay Manager (TGM), as the TricksterNet community grows in size, it will groe to accomidate what trickster want to see from a froums site as well. The TricksterNet administrastion and development teams are currently small, manageable and dedicated to providing the best free services for all Tricksters alike!

I wish to extend my arms out to welcome the whole of the Trickster community to TricksterNet, both as a fellow player, and the founder of TricksterNet and its initial projects! Enjoy and welcome to TricksterNet!"

Last edited by Finika; 06-23-2008 at 09:21 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-23-2008   #2 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

...Site is down. orz

06-23-2008   #3 (permalink)
mountain ahoy!
Special
Games
ACE OnlineWorld of TanksGuild Wars 2
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Zegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud of

Hi...... what?

06-23-2008   #4 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

Hello ... how2manage TO gameplay? You mean bots and hax? D:

06-23-2008   #5 (permalink)
Irish Wristwatch

Jpen has a spectacular aura aboutJpen has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Inkling/Inimical
Class: Gladiator/Cyber Hunter
Level: 15x/195
Guild: pure rage

no, it's like an all in one thing.
from what I saw on MT, the downloadable version had damage calculation for all the skills and stuff like that

06-23-2008   #6 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Why don't link it with existing community such as MyMMOGames.net's, by affiliates with them? It's much easier that way with existing community ;o? You could talk with noe about that

06-23-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Volt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Volt

like.. mods? O.o

Last edited by Volt; 06-23-2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: mods"".. my bad

06-23-2008   #8 (permalink)
VIP
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Cait Send a message via AIM to Cait Send a message via MSN to Cait Send a message via Yahoo to Cait Send a message via Skype™ to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 271
Guild: «Firefly» «Serenity» (Join Them! ^_^)
Xfire: Caiternoodle

Rule of thumb is to have content on your page before releasing the URL to the public.

Or else people go there once, see there is nothing, then never go back.

<-- 10years website experience.

06-23-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki
Why don't link it with existing community such as MyMMOGames.net's, by affiliates with them? It's much easier that way with existing community ;o? You could talk with noe about that
Had crossed my mind, but this project is very involved. I don't really want to have restricted sub domain access somewhere. However, my intentions have never been to lure people from one established community to another. Instead, If I'm going to dedicate every free minute I have to creating/maintaining something great for the Trickster Community, and speand the money to make a home for it, why not extend the service to include everything else.

However, affiliation is something very different. I am always interested in making partners with other webmasters whose ambitions are the same as mine. Ambitions that include giving everything they can to the trickster community and taking nothing in return. ^^

In any case, at this point we really aren't trying to be affiliated with any major collection of the trickster community such as this site. Sites like this are established and known, we are not. At our current status, we really have no business engaging in a link exchange with mymmogames. The reason for this is because we're the exact opposite, un established. Working in business, as I have in the past, you learn that these things come when there is benefit for both sides. At this point there is no benefit for mymmogames, but fear not once the main project, Trickster Gameplay Manager, goes live there will be more of a valid interest and TricksterNet will have something to offer back to established communities.

I hope that makes sense. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpen
no, it's like an all in one thing.
from what I saw on MT, the downloadable version had damage calculation for all the skills and stuff like that
You are correct. TGM is meant to include features to make the retrieval of information about Trickster easy and uniform. Features such as a fast database containing everything you could want to know about trickster items, much like MTWiki, but with far better features.

Things such as character simulation is actually far on the back burner as there ae many other primary features still in development for the
initial 1.0.0 release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep
Hello ... how2manage TO gameplay? You mean bots and hax? D:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zegridathes
Hi...... what?
What do you wanna know? =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
...Site is down. orz
Site should not have been down. If you tried to goto tricksternet.net, yes it would have been down due to the fact that DNS registration is a bit of a worldwide sync process

06-23-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

Uh yeah... might want to actually have a website before linking us. No one wants to see a "under construction" sign

Kitty Empire Forever

06-23-2008   #11 (permalink)
mountain ahoy!
Special
Games
ACE OnlineWorld of TanksGuild Wars 2
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Zegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud of

You're going to end up convincing me to update my thing...

fail tetra punch is fail.

06-23-2008   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait
Rule of thumb is to have content on your page before releasing the URL to the public.

Or else people go there once, see there is nothing, then never go back.

<-- 10years website experience.
You are right, and I am sadly disappointed that I made such a mistake (the one where I failed to provide the correct URL)

Here it is ^^ : TricksterNet (<- this will be the root directory of tricksternet.net)

So lame, I am with <-- 15yeas web/development and windows application development experience .... btw just so you know, I'm being funny and not mocking you Cait

Last edited by Finika; 06-23-2008 at 09:21 PM.

06-23-2008   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
Uh yeah... might want to actually have a website before linking us. No one wants to see a "under construction" sign
My apologies, see previous post please :*(

06-23-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Ok, i'm petty sure that tricksternet.net is online on many DNS servers by now, so here is the permanent link: TricksterNet

06-24-2008   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

I wrote a few mods for this site today, one is a character signature generator.. of which I'm testing in my signature here.