ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-23-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

DUHgoBackToBasics is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Pye
Level: 54 lass: 55 ronan: 46 lire: 44ryan: 38arme
Guild: none
Default AP mage?

well you kno the only skill i think that can really accually help a AP mage is dark barrier and SoH a little. i think TO should put a AP type of skill on mages >.< just like how they put a MA type of attack on bunnys.

if they made new skill for mage AP wat do you think it should be like?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-23-2008   #2 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

They DID make a new skill for Dark Dragons thats called DARK COMMANDO.
It increases AP and elemental damage when used.

This is Kyuubey

06-23-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

oh yea forgot about that 1 >.< i think it gives 100 AP when you just look at the card. i wish they had more skills like that that helps AP a little but mainly for mages

06-23-2008   #4 (permalink)
sɪlvər

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook

Thats just level 1...
By around Master, it should add around 1K ~ 1.2K AP.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is Kyuubey

06-23-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Dark Commando just adds on extra damage to all dark attacks, I'm pretty sure it doesn't vary according to dark % and certainly has nothing to do with a mage's actual AP.

@OP - I seriously think Flaming Fist is an exceptional case. At any rate, it's still cast like a physical skill even if it has all the features of a magic skill. An AP-based skill for mages would be pretty weird. A ranged attack that looks typically flashy (like most magic skills are) but is based on AP? Would make more sense if it was a melee skill, but that would defeat the whole purpose of being a mage. I'm not sure what NTreev had in mind when they created the bunny skill, but why play a mage if you want to use AP? There's always the Power or Charm type. :/

06-23-2008   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Volt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameh
but why play a mage if you want to use AP? There's always the Power or Charm type. :/
cuz he can? imo TO. is getting boring Dx

boring = bored peeps = get crazy ideas = make crazy builds like ap mage = not so bored

crazy builds = win?

so what if all the other mages use ma and/or lk, that doesnt mean u should who knows u might learn sumthin from it and the daunting challenge of no/few, if ever, skills 2 use for ap mage gives some people that drive 2 do so

+ i'd be fun 2 see a mage do 20k elements in gvg/pvp lolol

Last edited by Volt; 06-23-2008 at 02:46 AM.

06-23-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

i should try a AP mage lol 4411 lol damge on magic skills and melee then again i might wanna go 4114hmmm not sure and then which to go a light mage or dark mage if i reach 2nd and i like ap mage...hmmmm

06-23-2008   #8 (permalink)
sɪlvər

Just remember that to level to Lv.2XX by just using swords and weapons is a mere impossibility because you're a dragon.

This is Kyuubey

06-23-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Chobby will become famous soon enoughChobby will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Chobby

Light mages are probably better since you can always recast it and you never take damage.

06-23-2008   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Vulturas is on a distinguished road

I saw a melee mage, 4411 mage, i was looking like it abt 2k dmg each hit(HOW???) the sheep was wearing a pharao sword, and was using that many arrows thing, it was weird

06-23-2008   #11 (permalink)
( ゚ 3゚)pó< ○゚。^゚○。^゚

Thistle is on a distinguished road
Class: Fox to_fox

I say go for it. Suzaku's DP dragon is like 104 now. o-O
| Thistly 14x Pure Bunny |

06-23-2008   #12 (permalink)
NUBCAKERY

Anchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Anchors Send a message via MSN to Anchors
IGN: 敖
Class: musical sociopath
Level: -1

I've got a 151 4411 HP dark/fire/lightning dragon, and I think dark barrier helps the most out of the shield spells...

Heaven and light shield are both really nice spells (my main is a priest), but getting any sort of practical mileage out of either spell requires tons of MA. (My 1414 priest has 806? MA and still takes the occasional 4-digit damage hit at tap1.) Dark barrier on the other hand only requires 188 MA to reach its max of 50% reflection.

Going dark for dark barrier also cuts down MP potion consumption from Cure spam... Heaven shield would as well, but it only lasts about a minute at most and takes some 600+ MP to cast each time... and that's not counting how easily the monsters will eat through it with low MA and virtually no HV/low DP.

Regardless of whether you go HP or AP, though, you'll have enough AP from either levels or gear and enough element % from gear to OHKO.

06-23-2008   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster OnlineEther Saga OdysseyLa TaleFlyFF

LUNAtik is on a distinguished road
IGN: Oyomesan
Class: Charm to_model
Level: 250
Guild: Virtue

I agree with the crazy build = win thing. I have lvl 143 4411 pure AP Witch, just because at the time of creating a new character, it felt rather pointless to me to build the same sheep other people play.
An AP sheep is a whole new experience.
It's like when people said to me, "Why an AP cat? Go play a bunny if you want power." No, I want an AP cat. o_O And an AP sheepie. xP Now to wait for the first pure MA bunny to abuse the new skill, lol.

06-23-2008   #14 (permalink)
Out of Line

Spectre is on a distinguished road
IGN: CrimsonSpectre/L.Narumi
Class: Force Blader (Cabal)/Champion/Duke
Level: 8x (Cabal). 22x/260(TO)
Guild: God Of War (TO)

Look at Lighten, they made a pure HP Dark Lord, everyone i knew thought it was insane...now, they have a level...26x Priest (cost a ton of money im sure to do), who can solo nearly ALL of Chaos Tower, as well as is a total bish to fight in a GvG because that haxed out HP

06-23-2008   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Lighten is a lot harder to kill now that hes light ;-; and I do agree that unorthodox builds are fun, but it just sucks when you wont be able to use skills. In the long run, an AP mage wont be able to boss as well, PvP/GvG, and grinding won't be as fast or efficient. Its a bit different than having a pure HP dark lord, because he'll still be able to use his skills even with all points in HP, but I appreciate the idea of a unique build. I'll ask step if I wanna know how an AP mage works out lmao.

06-23-2008   #16 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

it depends what you're looking for
if you're doing it for fun and enjoyment, then yea go for it
i'll tell you are wrong if you're looking for efficiency in grinding or pvp/gvg compared to a mage that uses skills to kill
there was a thread on the official forums where someone was arguing that a melee mage has in-game advantages over regular mages
i responded to all of his points, and it turned out that the only argument he could really support is that melee mages are fun
if there's ever a skill that makes mages not be blocked, then hell...yes...
but there isn't

btw

and yes, if you have any questions about how a melee mage turns out in the LONG RUN, you can ask me

Last edited by WhatThePhuc; 06-23-2008 at 03:45 PM.

06-24-2008   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

and if i were to get a blood swords or wat ever ppl call it the one drop by count that would be perfect for a AP mage too if i will make one and reach 180. still want that sword sooo bad !!! >.<